As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Forum Badge

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Holy crap. I can't believe I missed out on this in the previous years I went.

Oh well, there's always time to change. Count me in!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    The badge looks awesome as always, thanks!

• A-TeamA-Team Registered User new member
    Please count me in - the badge looks great!

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    1 week to go before the cut-off date! Spread the word everyone.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Been gone for a few weeks, but I can't wait for this again. I didn't get to get one last year and was very bummed.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    zerzhul wrote: »
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Durinthal wrote: »
    Looks great!

And as with every year, instead of answering a question I'm just going to tell the kind folks at BYOC that my name's on the list. (60% of the time it works every time)

That does not prove you are on the forums. Anyone can be 'Durinthal', that is why the questions have to be answered. It's a quite simple concept as only forum members would know the answer to the questions and the enforcers at the BYOC desk are given instructions on this very specific point.
    Yeah, they don't always follow those instructions though. Depends on who's there. Like he said "60% of the time it works every time". Not far off from 50/50. I've definitely seen people asked the questions, but I've also seen people just say "I'm so and so, right there on the list."

funny, i was always under the impression that it was totally legit to just say that your name is on the badge and the questions were primarily for people not on it. i mean, while someone could definitely lie about who they are, they would have to have some familiarity with the forums to steal a forumer's identity, right? i think the questions are fun either way, but i'm just surprised to know that they are supposed to be required of everyone.

edit: i looked up past forum threads to see if there was any good reason i was mistaken about this procedure. there is not. MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Aghhh count me in

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
    @tvethiopia Yes as horrific as it sounds you have indeed been living a lie. The whole purpose of the questions is to ferret out those opportunists who want free stuff. You could argue that by asking for a forum badge they'd only know of their existence by virtue of the fact that they visit the forums. But one can never be 100% certain of that.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• DoctehDocteh Registered User regular
    A time travel theme? I'll just have to pick one of these up.

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to this. Hope to see some of you at the table!

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    1st PAX east trip, and I got to get myself one.

jf7bixxxlknz.png

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    I find that showing up with the previous forum badge with my name written on the front tends to be good enough to get a badge. Though I imagine it also helps that the people I usually pick up from (the MMT) know who I am :biggrin:

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    One more week to get in on this! I hope everyone is as excited as I am!

The names that are appearing on the back of this year's PAX East forum badge are:
    A.Sabot
    acaraba2
    acetheriver
    acumen101
    A-Team
    Bark
    BCBarney
    benswimming
    cabsy
    Cataleptical
    ceres
    chaosisorder
    chellers
    ClannMorgan
    Crippl3
    Dan19721121
    Darkshowers
    darksteelreapr
    Devereaux
    DisruptedCapitalist
    Docteh
    Domino
    draklan
    Durinthal
    elo
    flashe
    Frugus
    fullofgrace
    GhostDan
    gigabrain
    GoreySailor
    hadiwist
    hsu
    ilta
    InfiniteNuLL
    jasonakaram
    JayDfromMA
    jayh0va
    jdixon1972
    jessterfer
    Jonoseel
    Karoneth
    Khadour
    Khaytor
    Kilonum
    kropotkin
    Lady Lilybell
    Le_Goat
    LedaXI
    macrogeek
    MagnusCarter
    Malgaras
    Mavrick593
    melzway
    miker525
    mindflare77
    nosut
    PayneTrayne
    pilferk
    punzie
    pureval
    rascal
    Robert Khoo
    rtm416
    Ryosuke
    sassfactor4
    Satoru
    scottyb1218
    Sepioth
    Sgt.Mays
    sirmrej
    Skrepo
    Sleepy Kitty
    Streetlight345
    SutibunRi
    TabooPhantasy
    Temig
    Thunderous_T
    Tristan3
    tvethiopia
    upstateny-dan
    vttym
    Xavier1216
    z silver1984
    zerzhul

The back of the forum badge looks like this:
    150221%20PAX%20East%202015%20PA%20Forum%20Badge%20Back%20v3_zpsqefklxkr.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• gamer4lif3gamer4lif3 Registered User regular
    is it to late to get one if not may I be added to the list

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    You don't have to be on the list to pick up a badge at pax, they are available for anyone who can answer the requisite questions about the forum. It appears that the deadline for getting onto the badge back has passed though.

gamer4lif3 wrote: »
    is it to late to get one if not may I be added to the list

Sadly the February 20th deadline for adding names to the back of the badge has now passed. However, you can pick up a badge from the pre-PAX dinner and boardgame nights at Westin as well as the BYOC registration desk.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Thanks for putting this together, @kropotkin .. this is one of those things I look forward to most. Hats off to you for doing this even though you're not coming. And thanks to the folks working locally to make this happen.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Looks saaaawweeeeet. Very excited to snag one. Just as vttym said, thanks for the work you put into this!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    That looks fantastic and I look forward to adding it to my collection!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    I am very excited as always.

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Missed out on being added to the list :( But always next year right.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    Missed out on being added to the list :( But always next year right.

Yep! And not being named on the badge certainly doesn't stop you from picking one up at least!

JQ1qRPt.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Lanyards, lanyards, lanyards...if you plan on wearing your badge on Thursday night remember to bring a lanyard as badges will be lanyard free.

ClannMorgan on
    Lanyards, lanyards, lanyards...if you plan on wearing your badge on Thursday night remember to bring a lanyard as badges will be lanyard free.

Yes you use your pass lanyard to fix the forum badge to.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Since @kropotkin isn't attending this East do we know if anyone will be doing distribution at PrePAX tabletop at the Westin or will all pickups be at BYOC?

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    miker525 wrote: »
    Since @kropotkin isn't attending this East do we know if anyone will be doing distribution at PrePAX tabletop at the Westin or will all pickups be at BYOC?

I will be meeting up with rtm416 so he can give them out at the WGN, badges will also be available in the BYOC area, PPD and if I can still remember my name...at the Pokecrawl.

edited March 2015
    We don't need no stinkin' badges! But we sure do like them =}
    pww6p8ltu9on.jpg

ClannMorgan on
    I am so excited. Thank you again for doing this!

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    So cool!

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Mmmm mmm MMMMM! Those are some sexy badgers!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine! Great job!! :D

Devereaux on
    Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    @ClannMorgan what time will be at the Westin tonight ~? I'm picking up my stein and if possible I'd like to pick it up as well.

• Tristan3Tristan3 Registered User regular
    I just stopped by the BYOC, any idea where to get it? They had no idea about it

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    BYOC says they don't have the badges yet

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    I am DRAGGING today. About 45 mins out from BYOC. I dropped off badges yesterday around 3 at Westin Game Night check in and also left some for the Cookie Brigade.

• chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I am DRAGGING today.

Hit the pokecrawl a little too hard, eh?

I am so happy that they came out looking so great! Think of me when you wear them around the BCEC, for I'll be 3,000 miles away across the sea inspecting a railway bridge. I wish I was joking about the bridge thing...

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Finally made it...badges are at the BYOC registration desk. Also, I will have some one me all weekend...or until I run out.

kropotkin wrote: »
    I am so happy that they came out looking so great! Think of me when you wear them around the BCEC, for I'll be 3,000 miles away across the sea inspecting a railway bridge. I wish I was joking about the bridge thing...

Thanks for putting in the work on these! I was so happy that they turned out so well...I was on pins and needles waiting for them.