As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Portable games for Pax East 2015

SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
So I will be bringing Smash 3DS and Majora's Mask (which I have no idea if it has street pass features or not). And as always, Pax is my only chance to make any progress on those Street Pass games :P

Sadly Code Name STEAM comes 1 week after East, that looks like a game that would be fun to play with/against others.

So what is everyone else bringing?

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm a little behind on the current hot games so Smash will be the most recent big DS game I'll have with me. I'll also have Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Y, Pokemon Battle Trozei, Centipede: Infestation (I swear, I only get streetpasses for it at PAX) TLOZ: A Link Between Worlds as well as all of the Plaza games. I've got a lot of progress on the puzzles, especially the pink pieces so hopefully I'll be able to help some people out there too!

TopherRocks on
  • Options
    JasujoJasujo New York, USARegistered User regular
    We will be bringing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. There are always people with really cool items at PAX. :D

zidydOc.png
  • Options
    DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    spaceteam for android. always down for spaceteam

• Options
    KeitreKeitre Registered User regular
    Ditto for Spaceteam. Takes no space other than memory on your phone.

I'm not a big Magic fan, but I keep an MTG deck because everyone has MTG cards the second they get their swag bag. It's the closest you can get to a guaranteed game the people around you will have. Just keep your deck gimmicky and/or simple. Don't be that guy that feels the need to wreck new players.

Other than that I just bring my 3DS and games for it. Spaceteam, 3DS, and the deck take up almost no room in a pack, and I've found traveling light is preferable.

Something to keep in mind is that even when waiting in lines Enforcers will regularly compact lines, so expect to be moving. Big and complicated games are a hassle and depending on the game you might have no choice but to pack it up. The 3DS and Spaceteam are great for this.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hum, I got to check SpaceTeam now. Recently moved from WP8 to Android :)

Just got my copy of Fantasy Life, will bring that one too.

SinoSamba on
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    spaceteam is ALWAYS great.

• Options
    ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    I love space team but I have iOS. Bringing my MTG deck with me to play with some people. It's pretty basic.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• Options
    SoulairSoulair Registered User regular
    my 3DS probably with Smash, but then again there will probably be Wii U setups

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    space team is on ios!

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'll have Smash Bros 3ds, Pokemon X and potentially Omega Ruby. Still working out whether I'll bring my Vita or not

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    I imagine Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be a great line game this year, along with Smash 3DS of course.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    Prototype AxlPrototype Axl Registered User regular
    Don't forget Theatrhythm: Curtain Call. Can't wait to get a bunch of new maps.
    Also, Persona Q with Streetpass Books.
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Sadly Code Name STEAM comes 1 week after East, that looks like a game that would be fun to play with/against others.

Maybe we'll get lucky with Project S.T.E.A.M. Nintendo has done early releases for games at PAX before.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    If you have the latest pokemon be sure to take on the pax Pokemon Leauge

• Options
    DoctehDocteh Registered User regular
    I love space team but I have iOS. Bringing my MTG deck with me to play with some people. It's pretty basic.

I think the bluetooth for that game is platform specific, but wifi mode isn't. I'm going to be bringing an android phone and an iOS tablet just in case.

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Smash, Animal Crossing: NL, and Fantasy Life will be the games I have on me! Werewolf is a great in-line game, too.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    Brew78Brew78 Registered User regular
    Will be bringing Curtain Call, although I don't have very many interesting maps to share yet.

I'll bring along DQ9 if anyone is in need of upgrading their hotel or wants a map (haven't played in awhile but I do have a couple fancy pants KMS maps)

I'll also have Fire Emblem: Awakening, partly because I've never actually played the dual/multiplayer game and would like to give it a try. And keep an eye out for a Dark Knight named Brewer. He has many good things to sell you.

Probably have some other standard games in my pocket, like good ole Tetris DS and a Mario Kart or two.

• Options
    hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular
    bringing Mario Cart 7, Pokemon X, Mario Golf & Fire Emblem Awakening

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    I'm bringing my 3DS with Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    I just downloaded Pokemon Shuffle, F2P from Nintendo that seems close to a mobile phone game, but perfect for Pax since I can play a bit after a panel etc... It does have StreetPass although I'm not sure what you get with it. So I will have that too.

• Options
    BinaryPieBinaryPie Registered User regular
    I'll have my n3ds with mm3d and tetris ultimate. Thinking tetris will be a good line game.

• Options
    EagleAlphaXEagleAlphaX New JerseyRegistered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    I just downloaded Pokemon Shuffle, F2P from Nintendo that seems close to a mobile phone game, but perfect for Pax since I can play a bit after a panel etc... It does have StreetPass although I'm not sure what you get with it. So I will have that too.

It looks like you get a jewel and a heart for your first streetpass and a heart every 10 streetpasses.

So at the minimum, you'll get that heart and jewel when you streetpass me. :biggrin:

wjxmaepqs9k1.png
  • Options
    coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Gonna bring Pokemon X, Alpha Sapphire, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing.

coflropter on
    VEIYCZd.png
  • Options
    The UnquestionedThe Unquestioned BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    If you've got Pokemon X, Y, or OR/AS, don't forget that you can participate in the PAX Pokemon League too!

The Unquestioned on
    The Unquestioned • "I'd tell you to buy a clue, but you don't have enough cents."

Find me on the PAX Pokemon League Forums!