As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] with Tay Sway

19495969798100»

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Guys, we're in a pedantry spiral.

Pull up quickly before it's too late!

ftfy

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Cautiously optimistic about the Jem movie. I really liked that movie poster.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @jacobkosh, @desc,

I know you two have been following the Jem and the Holograms movie religiously. We've got the first shot from it.

upteYVH.jpg

That photographer should be taken out back and shot.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @jacobkosh, @desc,

I know you two have been following the Jem and the Holograms movie religiously. We've got the first shot from it.

upteYVH.jpg

That causes outrage in me.

Real, real outrage.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Handbuch der Flugzeug Bordwaffenmunition

These are not words. Well Handbuch and der are. But the other two are clearly nonsense made to fuck with non-germans.
    flugzeug = plane
    bordwaffenmunition seems slightly redundant to me tho (armament munition?)

Munitions would probably be the English translation. It covers bombs, rockets and other things German's dropped from planes that went boom.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Guys we're in a pedantry spiral

pull up quickly before it's too late

it's always been too late.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Cautiously optimistic about the Jem movie. I really liked that movie poster.

That picture has lasers. 80's make up. A keytar. It's pretty damn 80's.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular

These are not words. Well Handbuch and der are. But the other two are clearly nonsense made to fuck with non-germans.
    flugzeug = plane

Munitions would probably be the English translation. It covers bombs, rockets and other things German's dropped from planes that went boom.

Explosive Ordinance D... Drop?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    HUMAN BEINGS: CHILL THE FUCK OUT

Relax your hatred organs people

Loosen your ass sphincters and tighten your raging vitriol sphincters

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    that looks fucking awesome

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

no i just saw something stupid that made me angry

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    but is it 80s enough

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Speaking of amphetamines, read a story this morning about an American college student in Japan who was arrested for possessing her legally prescribed adderall that her dad sent to her from the states.

Is adderall legal in Japan?

Generally taking medication, and particularly prescription medication, across national borders is something to approach with caution.

Nope, not legal in Japan.

And I agree absolutely with the taking things across national borders.

Dang, she is fucked. That region makes our drug laws look almost reasonable and fact-based.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

flugzeug = plane

yes, the intent is clear from the word. i would probably translate the phrase as manual of aircraft munitions, because the direct-ish translation has unnecessary specificity

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Look, if god didn't want me to be angry all the time, he would've given me a chillout gland.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @jacobkosh, @desc,

upteYVH.jpg

That causes outrageous in me.

Truly truly, truly outrageous .

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    You gave me two fucking dollars bro you cannot possibly be this livid about it

• Options

I pay you $3/mo and I have certain expectations that will be met

you've been promising the octopus with dick tentacles since patch 0.3.2

list for me how you've spent your time today, in 15 min increments

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Bro

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Guys, we're in a pedantry spiral.

Pull up quickly before it's too late!

ftfy

I will end you Gooby

• Options
    i have rights

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    @jacobkosh, @desc,

upteYVH.jpg

That causes outrageous in me.

Truly truly, truly outrageous .

That's the joke.gif

• Options
    I seriously don't see what's wrong with that Jem picture

• Options

flugzeug = plane

yes, the intent is clear from the word. i would probably translate the phrase as manual of aircraft munitions, because the direct-ish translation has unnecessary specificity

It's not even the worst. Panzerdurchschlegsleistung.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    But what is Japan's official stance on the legality of powdered animal penis and/or sea creature toxins being sold as aphrodisiacs?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    But what is Japan's official stance on the legality of powdered animal penis and/or sea creature toxins being sold as aphrodisiacs?

those animals are actually demons in animal form, so is k.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Speaking of amphetamines, read a story this morning about an American college student in Japan who was arrested for possessing her legally prescribed adderall that her dad sent to her from the states.

Is adderall legal in Japan?

Generally taking medication, and particularly prescription medication, across national borders is something to approach with caution.

Nope, not legal in Japan.

And I agree absolutely with the taking things across national borders.

Dang, she is fucked. That region makes our drug laws look almost reasonable and fact-based.

Like once you are arrested, we have a high imprisonment rate, at like 91% if you go to trial, theirs is like 97%, she is completely fucked.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »

I think Japan mainly uses herbal supplements without the animal byproducts for that jazz. Kinda like the US.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    as part of my manager training i had to do this hour long course on the dangers of meth, since we sell some of the chemical precursors.

that hour long video instilled a proper unease in me wrt meth. it is not the problem drug in philly but apparently these white people out here love it.

don't do meth y'all

Breaking Bad. Best anti-drug PSA ever.

I dunno. Jesse smoked a lot of meth and it didn't really effect him that much.

My take away from Breaking Bad is "Meth? Not that bad, as long as you don't use too much. Heroin? Life ruined if you use it a single time."

Yeah, any time Jesse smoked it seemed to last about an hour or whatever. He did it like normal people do shots.

Season I think 4 spoiler
    and then he went to rehab and everyone else is in much, much worse shape than him

it's like goddamnit Jesse

you're not an addict, you're just sad

you almost seem upset

it just felt almost... disconnected

like everyone else who touches meth in the show has their life totally fucked as a direct result, whereas all of Jesse's problems are indirectly caused by it

Not everyone who gets involved with a drug ends up on the helpless addict route.

It's another side the the coin.

• Options
    One of the biggest markets for endangered tiger parts is Japan where legislation bans trade in endangered species, but does not cover products not readily recognizable, such as wine, pills and powders.

Could be wrong.

• Options
    tank (armor) penetration performance? i dunno what durchschlags is >_<

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    glorious nippon

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    On the one hand I shouldn't watch horror films because I get all scared and French girl isn't here to clear the path to bed of serial killers, but on the other hand I quite fancy a horror film

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    tank (armor) penetration performance? i dunno what durchschlags is >_<

From context that actually works.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Thomamelas @desc @Bogart @Pony @ other comics bros -

DC are apparently closing their NYC offices and moving everything, lock stock and barrel, to Burbank

• Options
    VxnVUzO.jpg

XP, why won't you die?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    as part of my manager training i had to do this hour long course on the dangers of meth, since we sell some of the chemical precursors.

that hour long video instilled a proper unease in me wrt meth. it is not the problem drug in philly but apparently these white people out here love it.

don't do meth y'all

Breaking Bad. Best anti-drug PSA ever.

I dunno. Jesse smoked a lot of meth and it didn't really effect him that much.

My take away from Breaking Bad is "Meth? Not that bad, as long as you don't use too much. Heroin? Life ruined if you use it a single time."

Yeah, any time Jesse smoked it seemed to last about an hour or whatever. He did it like normal people do shots.

Season I think 4 spoiler
    and then he went to rehab and everyone else is in much, much worse shape than him

it's like goddamnit Jesse

you're not an addict, you're just sad

you almost seem upset

it just felt almost... disconnected

like everyone else who touches meth in the show has their life totally fucked as a direct result, whereas all of Jesse's problems are indirectly caused by it

Not everyone who gets involved with a drug ends up on the helpless addict route.

It's another side the the coin.

The first (I think) four seasons take place in the space of a year tho

between all the meth and heroin, he probably shoulda been a bit worse for wear

• Options
    burbank o.o

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through at warp 2.2

@Thomamelas will create the new thread
    @DasUberEdward is backup

This discussion has been closed.