As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] and High Quality Dunsparce Erotica

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh god the zero suit Samus amibo is going to be so bad

I can't wait

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    ZeroSuitSamusWiiU-3DS.png
    It's going to be this

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    now imagine all the colored plastic holding it up

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    now imagine all the BOBKINS EDIT: why would you even post this dripping down it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

rocket shoe fame obv

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Is Nintendo even going to follow through with doing the whole Smash roster?

• Options
    now imagine all the BOBKINS EDIT: why would you even post this dripping down it

that's a fake edit I can see the pixels

• Options

I'm sure they'll just use clear plastic like they do for Shulk and Rosalina and Luma

There was way too much negativity surrounding the yellow plastic on the Link figure, I doubt they'll do that again

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I'm sure they'll just use clear plastic like they do for Shulk and Rosalina and Luma

There was way too much negativity surrounding the yellow plastic on the Link figure, I doubt they'll do that again

I hadn't seen this

that doesn't look great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    They also did ugly miscolored plastic on the Fox figure

They've gotten better about how they do it since Wave 1, but it seems like they didn't give the figures much thought when they decided to use the smash trophies.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I have kind of a hard time figuring out how I feel about toy/game scalpers

its definitely mean, I don't really have a question about that

But I also have kind of a hard time getting too mad at people who see demand and attempt to make some money off it, especially when everyone has the same chance to buy that product

I am also nearly certain I wouldn't be this ambivalent about it if it was for something I actually wanted

I have a huge problem with scalping because it's capitalism at it's purest and is a micro example of exactly what is wrong with our country, economically. It's people who have the means to do so artificially inserting themselves into a perfectly functional system, doing absolutely nothing and earning a bunch of money off of it, which they can then use to seed their next venture of doing the exact same thing. It's pure exploitation of supply/demand and the ultimate in lazy-ass "I want to make money without having to contribute anything to society". In fact, scalping is actively working against society. It's shit, pure and simple.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

But I also have kind of a hard time getting too mad at people who see demand and attempt to make some money off it, especially when everyone has the same chance to buy that product

I am also nearly certain I wouldn't be this ambivalent about it if it was for something I actually wanted

I have a huge problem with scalping because it's capitalism at it's purest and is a micro example of exactly what is wrong with our country, economically. It's people who have the means to do so artificially inserting themselves into a perfectly functional system, doing absolutely nothing and earning a bunch of money off of it, which they can then use to seed their next venture of doing the exact same thing. It's pure exploitation of supply/demand and the ultimate in lazy-ass "I want to make money without having to contribute anything to society". In fact, scalping is actively working against society. It's shit, pure and simple.

You could do it too, you know

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    WE GOT OURSELVES A COMMIE HERE

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

You could do it too, you know

This possibility doesn't actually make it better

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I just can't get that much ire for it

Not gonna get mad at people for making a couple bucks off of seeing strong demand and acting on it

Does suck for people who want said thing though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    if we're talking "things that are wrong about capitalism" i cannot raise even an ounce of concern about scalping toys compared to some of the actual sins of the philosophy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    yes, but this one affects me visibly and personally.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    if we're talking "things that are wrong about capitalism" i cannot raise even an ounce of concern about scalping toys compared to some of the actual sins of the philosophy

It's tiny but if someone cared to it would be easy to draw parallels to bigger things

I mean

Wouldn't it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

It's tiny but if someone cared to it would be easy to draw parallels to bigger things

I mean

Wouldn't it

yes but drawing parallels because you can't get a toy figure you want is maybe not the best way to impart the seriousness of your feelings

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Which is why I called it a microcosm. Yes, it's a tiny little thing but that means 1) it's an accessible access point to understanding the scumminess inherent in the system and 2) it's a conceivably manageable problem.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    "This other thing sucks more" is rarely an acceptable reason to dismiss a complaint.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited March 2015

I mean

Wouldn't it

yes but drawing parallels because you can't get a toy figure you want is maybe not the best way to impart the seriousness of your feelings

Sure sounds petty when you put it that way

But I think it still works when talking about scalping in principle

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    "This other thing sucks more" is rarely an acceptable reason to dismiss a complaint.

i agree!

i'm more saying "you're gonna need to put some more teeth into this if you want it to be taken seriously given the timing of it" rather than "no one has it great everyone be quiet"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I will say that going "That's capitalism at work, boys! Smell that seized opportunity!" to justify behavior that takes away benefits of other people while conferring them solely on yourself is not a good thing to do

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Quick question

is the oracle of seasons/ages connection just a code or do I need to get them together on the eshop or something for a save to transfer over

• Options
    You have a wonderful opinion of the power of the Gameboy Color

It's just the code, so don't worry about that part

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh no now I HAVE to go fishing?

You're losing me, Twilight Princess

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

It's just bobber fishing and you only have to do it once.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Speaking of fishing, do I need to do any of this fishing in Ocarina? Are there items or upgrades tied to it?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    You can get a heart piece for it in Ocarina

Otherwise only fish to relax. It's fun to do to chill out

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Speaking of fishing, do I need to do any of this fishing in Ocarina? Are there items or upgrades tied to it?

Assuming they didn't change it in the remake, the only item tied to fishing is the golden scale, which doubles the amount of time you can dive

Which is completely useless when the iron boots are right there

• Options
    edited March 2015
    You have a wonderful opinion of the power of the Gameboy Color

It's just the code, so don't worry about that part

For some reason I thought it was a GBA game

looks like Minish cap is on WIIU only right now and oracles are 3ds

Probably gonna do all those before I hit MM since I'm trying to save some cash atm

Ok, lets finish up TP, here we go
    Mr. G wrote: »

It only takes a sec and your reward is snowboarding

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Assuming they didn't change it in the remake, the only item tied to fishing is the golden scale, which doubles the amount of time you can dive

I think I'm still super early. I just met the fish king dude and got a silver scale from another fish guy for collecting some rupees.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    i have very fond memories of the oracles games, beat them multiple times

i have never returned to them because i'm scared my fondness is based on the fact that i was a child and had to like the only games i had rather than any actual quality

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

I think I'm still super early. I just met the fish king dude and got a silver scale from another fish guy for collecting some rupees.

Yeah don't worry about fishing

• Options
    It's one thing if there's a product that already exists and you happen to predict that it will be popular, so you buy a bunch ahead of time to become a primary source of the product in the future. It's another to actively compete with interested consumers of a product that's currently popular, with the sole purpose of preventing those people from being able to get it at the intended market price. I mean, it's a very small step away from straight up racketeering, and toys are hardly the only place that this crap is done.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The main thing is that in a lot of cases, there isn't actually any scarcity, the scalpers are artificially creating it

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular

You need it for a heart piece, at least. Iron Boots aren't allowed for it.

• Options
    The main thing is that in a lot of cases, there isn't actually any scarcity, the scalpers are artificially creating it

Its hard to say how much of the scarcity is panic buying and scalping and legitimate supply being outstripped by demand

considering how much of wave 1 is still on shelves and everything else is a void I'd say its the latter more than the former

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »

You need it for a heart piece, at least. Iron Boots aren't allowed for it.

Oh yeah the lake diving thing

Still I wouldn't worrh about it

This discussion has been closed.