As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    FapFlop wrote: »
    Borderlands party outcasts to the pub!

time to unite.

With our powers combined....

f7v9h.jpg
  • KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    FapFlop wrote: »
    But.. alcohol.

but.. pregame. Just be responsible.

• pardimatepardimate Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »

Did anyone go to this last year? It looks fun. Is there a cost to get in??

IL8kkvS.png
  • rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Just received an email for the IGN community team pertaining my attendance to the ADR1FT and IGN event except they listed the event as Friday at 4pm when the tickets I got said Thursday at 4pm I emailed them back for confirmation

Edit: actual tickets list Friday now. My email does say the event is Thursday though. Guess they screwed up originally and it's really Friday.

rpgamer246 on
  • DrusycDrusyc Registered User regular
    I was actually looking forward to that one -because- it was thursday. 4pm friday is inconvenient timing for sure

Drusyc wrote: »
    I was actually looking forward to that one -because- it was thursday. 4pm friday is inconvenient timing for sure

Me too, I can't do Friday as I'll be doing other stuff at PAX, but Thursday would have been perfect

• SchmoopyTheSpySchmoopyTheSpy Registered User new member
    Hey, is anyone going to the Republic of Gamers Party from the Boston Park Plaza hotel? Does anyone want to carpool or split cab costs with me and other person?

• whtknightwhtknight Registered User regular
    Hey, is anyone going to the Republic of Gamers Party from the Boston Park Plaza hotel? Does anyone want to carpool or split cab costs with me and other person?

It's like 2 blocks away from that hotel. I'd walk with you :p

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »

that menu looks really good. Willing to meet up with people to grab some food on Saturday and some beer.

Anyone staying in the Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport going to ASUS & PC Gamer Party wanting to split cab price over there?

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular

that menu looks really good. Willing to meet up with people to grab some food on Saturday and some beer.

Anyone staying in the Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport going to ASUS & PC Gamer Party wanting to split cab price over there?

If for lunch I'd be down, would be nice to get good noon bcec food and a decent beer to recharge for the afternoon.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    saturday i would be down around 1 to meet there if that interested people

• BluestreakWRXBluestreakWRX Friendly voice in the 'verse BostonRegistered User regular
    If anyone is in town early, and needs something to do on Thursday I have a 4pack of Museum of Science passes to give away. (includes Exhibit Hall, Mugar Omni Theater, and Planetarium passes).
    I work near the Westin (next to the BCEC), so I can meet to hand you the tickets if you want 'em. (DM/Tweet/Facebook me if you're interested)

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    8bit,twitch,asus in what order would you guys put these parties on friday

SCHEDULE: Twitch then ASUS Priority: ASUS then Twitch

whoever linked the contest for the 2 VIP tickets for the ASUS ROG party, thank you! I just got notified that I won a pair :)

• FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    Lucky. I'm assuming those can't be purchased.

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    rpgamer246 wrote: »
    whoever linked the contest for the 2 VIP tickets for the ASUS ROG party, thank you! I just got notified that I won a pair :)

Hey I also just won a pair of vip tickets. Any idea of what the hell vip actually gets us?

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    miker525 wrote: »

Hey I also just won a pair of vip tickets. Any idea of what the hell vip actually gets us?

I know we get into the club right away, other than that I have no clue.

• agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular

Very jealous. 'Grats on the VIP status!

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular

Special section and free booze! Woo! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • kehlankehlan Registered User new member
    Hey, is anyone going to the CIG party? I am so frustrated with the ticket shenanigans. The email says tickets will be available to print out March 5th. I have scoured the website, and I can't find anywhere that has a ticket listed to print out. I see my payment stub, but that is it. I sent in a help request, but they said they wont get back to me for 2 weeks. I tried asking in their game chat, nothing..I tried the forums..nothing..

Someone helpppppppppppppppppppppppp ^_^ ty!

• laughingsaintlaughingsaint Registered User regular
    Do most of these venues allow you to bring in your backpack/bag since I'll be going directly from the convention center?

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    I would say if they have a coat check they prob would allow you to check your bag there if not then no. Maybe call and find out. I know I just plan on taking a shuttle to my hotel 1st and dropping my bag off easist way to do it.

• agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    Do most of these venues allow you to bring in your backpack/bag since I'll be going directly from the convention center?

As I recall from the past: yes. Heck, they gave out bags at the Wolfenstein party last year.

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular

As I recall from the past: yes. Heck, they gave out bags at the Wolfenstein party last year.

Those were cool bags too

For the most part, the venues are cool about bags as long is it isnt youre entire luggage.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    I can tell you that Royale has a big o coat check. I don't recall having back packing being an issue at all last year. Here's my plan (in case anyone wants to meet up)... I'm going to Rock Bottom around 8:00 on Friday night. The place is big, fairly cheap and 2 blocks from Royale. I'm going to head into Royale around 9:30... that way I can scope the joint out before they let the everyone else in. Hopefully I bumped into a couple of you either at Rock Bottom or Royale. It's going to be butt ass cold Friday night, so bundle up!

Sudds27 wrote: »
    I can tell you that Royale has a big o coat check. I don't recall having back packing being an issue at all last year. Here's my plan (in case anyone wants to meet up)... I'm going to Rock Bottom around 8:00 on Friday night. The place is big, fairly cheap and 2 blocks from Royale. I'm going to head into Royale around 9:30... that way I can scope the joint out before they let the everyone else in. Hopefully I bumped into a couple of you either at Rock Bottom or Royale. It's going to be butt ass cold Friday night, so bundle up!

Rock Bottom is actually a great idea...

f7v9h.jpg
    I may join up but not sure. Right now it seems more people want to try Twitch.

I may join up but not sure. Right now it seems more people want to try Twitch.
    With the way the weather is going to be tomorrow night, i think I may be leaning towards the shortest line

f7v9h.jpg
    It gets cold but to me the weather looks nice as it isn't snowing and in the negatives 8-) in MA we just think warm thoughts heh

It gets cold but to me the weather looks nice as it isn't snowing and in the negatives 8-) in MA we just think warm thoughts heh

I hear ya on the snow, im sick of it at this point too. 9 for a low tomorrow. First PAX ive seen where hat and gloves will be required.

f7v9h.jpg
    I preferred it in April simply for the nicer weather. I will def be using the coat check wherever I end up/stagger to.

• CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »

Special section and free booze! Woo! :)
    Damn! Never got an email.

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I preferred it in April simply for the nicer weather. I will def be using the coat check wherever I end up/stagger to.

The later in the year PAX is the more happy I am. The past few years, we've been spoiled. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
    Everyone enjoy PAX! I'll see some of you tonight at Royale. I only have a Sunday pass to PAX... oh well, better than nothing at all. Being at work right now blows... super jealous.

• Burns94Burns94 Registered User new member
    I know the Borderland party is sold out, but they said they'll be handing out tickets during PAX. Does anyone know where their booth is? I looked at the map but couldn't figure what's the best place to go to?

Thanks!

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    So what's the best way to get to royale from the westin?

DXLJjjr.png
    Just take a cab. 10 to 15 bones for sure. It's fairly close.

This discussion has been closed.