As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your PAX necessities

QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest MortalRegistered User regular
edited April 2014 in PAX East
Headphones, check. 3 Day badge, check. Nintendo DS, check. Stuff to get signed, check. Magic decks, check. Pins to trade, check. Pants...damnit...
https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/vo/eienl1sclasz.jpg

zerzhul on

• Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    Socks, underwear, phone charger, cliff bars. Keep it simple hahah!

• CtrlAltDftCtrlAltDft Luis Registered User regular
    Chargers, 3ds, Water bottle, cliff bars, extra socks, comfortable backpack.

• LimondLimond Registered User regular
    USB chargers and a belt.

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • Davincivirus77Davincivirus77 Registered User regular
    Utility belt?

• Davincivirus77Davincivirus77 Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Headphones, check. 3 Day badge, check. Nintendo DS, check. Stuff to get signed, check. Magic decks, check. Pins to trade, check. Pants...damnit...
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/vo/eienl1sclasz.jpg
    You know it's PAX when, it takes four stores to find metallic perm markers...

• revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Snacks, gatorade, ibuprofen, board games, an extra thing of deodorant, Magic sleeves and playmat, phone charger - all neatly tucked into my messenger bag. Should be more than enough to get me through each day.

• bostongirl97bostongirl97 Charlestown, MARegistered User regular
    Snacks, gatorade, ibuprofen, board games, an extra thing of deodorant, Magic sleeves and playmat, phone charger - all neatly tucked into my messenger bag. Should be more than enough to get me through each day.

what's a magic sleeve?

• bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    I'm local, so it's just a few things from home. Pocket knife, small med kit, trail mix (a.k.a. my sacks of PAX snacks), binto box for lunch, Mountain Dew, and extra space in my pack to pick up convention goodies.

• DanQDanQ Registered User regular

what's a magic sleeve?

protective covers for magic the gathering cards.

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular

what's a magic sleeve?

It's either a euphemism for a vagina or a sleeve meant to protect a Magic: The Gathering card. I'm guessing probably the latter, but I don't know.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    using a platypus water bottle so I can keep it in my pocket when I'm done. that and agree with the clif bars! Will have sandwiches back at the hotel when I'm ready to crash :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • DrusycDrusyc Registered User regular
    purell purell purell

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    3DS, dice, chargers and a small outlet splitter (for better sparse outlet sharing), plenty of snacks, a reusable water bottle, a light sweatshirt.

UyhWici.png
  • luxloluxlo OntarioRegistered User regular
    wait so it is for sure okay to bring your own food/snacks and water into the convention?

• rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    luxlo wrote: »
    wait so it is for sure okay to bring your own food/snacks and water into the convention?

Yes, for sure, for sure!

SK3ozR5.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    definitely, as long as it isn't booze, you are good to go

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    luxlo wrote: »

There will be bag checks, but they are strictly checking for weapons. Food, nerdy swag, etc etc are all perfectly acceptable. Cosplay weapons are acceptable but must be checked in with the staff.

• ABBQABBQ BostonRegistered User regular
    oooOOOooo almost forgot my Gameboy color ... I can Cosplay as 1990 again. Tee hee!

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Water Bottle, Bladder Pack Full for my Camel Pack (More Water), Granola Bars, 3DS XL + Charger, Cellphone Charger, Old Spice Spray, Mints, EMT/Medical Pouch (including but not limited to Advil, Band-aides, Alcohol Wipes, etc.)

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    I would highly (HIGHLY) recommend bringing a spare pair of socks if your hotel isn't nearby. Being able to change socks halfway through the day does wonders.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Refillable water pouch, snacks, sandwiches, camera, Advil, cellphone charger, remote phone charger, anti-stinky-stuff (deodorant), a book for long lines, this year's Challenge Coin, flavor drops for water to add variety to liquid intake, chapstick

That's basically it. I usually have a pocket knife, but mine ran away recently

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • ItaraItara Registered User regular
    3DS, dice, chargers and a small outlet splitter (for better sparse outlet sharing), plenty of snacks, a reusable water bottle, a light sweatshirt.

what do you bring the dice for?

Itara wrote: »

You never know when you'll need them

Le_Goat wrote: »

agreed

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • RinSlyRinSly Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    My general bag of holding kit (muli tool, maglight, bandaids, painkiller, mints, book/ipad, phone etc) plus water, something caffeinated, fruit or granola or something to starve off the purchase of overpriced pretzles, gimiky magic decks, chargers, $ for cookies, dice, sweatshirt to double as a picknic blanket.

RinSly on
  • pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I see far too few mentions of deoderant. :( :P

pilferk on
  • SG_FredSG_Fred Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/08/23/armadeaddon-ominous-moniker

My bag for the con includes extension cord, phone charger, iPad Mini, Pins for trade, dice, water, snacks, headphones, portable chargers.

pilferk wrote: »
    And the area that I find typically needs it is the beanbag area. I walked through one two years ago looking for the QR codes and flat out couldn't make it to the end.

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    At a minimum: Wallet, PAX Pass, Phone.

I also bring: backpack, a usb battery, a water bottle, clothing, and snacks.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    RinSly wrote: »
    My general bag of holding kit (muli tool, maglight, bandaids, painkiller, mints, book/ipad, phone etc)
    Just a heads up on your multi-tool, just make sure it doesn't have a locking blade of more than 2.5 inches. Though PAX doesn't care, the local knife laws are pretty restrictive. I had to quit carrying my multi-tool when I moved to Boston because it had a long locking blade. Granted, if you're not brandishing the blade nobody is likely to call the cops. But I figured you'd want the FYI if you were walking around town.

bandersnee on

We definitely can use that more in the crowd for any convention.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • OfficeZombieOfficeZombie Registered User regular

Well to be fair most of this is stuff being brought into the BCEC. If you need extra deodorant after applying in your hotel then more power to you bring it and save the rest of us, but most people don't need to apply it more than once per day.

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular

Dungeons and Dragons, mostly! But you never know when you may need them.

UyhWici.png
    edited March 2015
    bandersnee wrote: »
    RinSly wrote: »
    My general bag of holding kit (muli tool, maglight, bandaids, painkiller, mints, book/ipad, phone etc)
    Just a heads up on your multi-tool, just make sure it doesn't have a locking blade of more than 2.5 inches. Though PAX doesn't care, the local knife laws are pretty restrictive. I had to quit carrying my multi-tool when I moved to Boston because it had a long locking blade. Granted, if you're not brandishing the blade nobody is likely to call the cops. But I figured you'd want the FYI if you were walking around town.
    Basically once you hit 3" you'll start to have an issue. Below that they typically turn a blind eye because that's more of a tool than a weapon.

Le_Goat on
  • DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    Besides the basics, I bring my 3ds, charging cables, power splitter with 2 built in 2.1 usb ports, portable battery charger (with LED readout and multiple ports), wireless hotspot. Power bars, granola bars, water bottle, ibuprofen, benedryl, pain killers, serious pain killers, REALLY serious pain killers, and my epipen. Most important item? Goldbond powder travel size. No more blisters or swampass.

• hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular

Dee and Dee!