As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax East 2015 Solo Attendees!

2»

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular

Hey Everyone...just throwing this out there because if I don't I will be stripped of my organizer badge...if you're looking to grab something to eat on Thursday night before some of the Pre-PAX events like Westin Game Night, Pokecrawl, etc. Think about joining us for the Pre-PAX Dinner. We will be at Anthem Kitchen and Bar from 5 to 7pm. The restaurant is located right in Faneuil Hall.

Tickets are $27.45 + $2.50 Eventbrite fee, kids meal tickets (ages 3-12) are $12.00 + $1.65 Eventbrite fee. Each ticket covers your meal, appetizers, soda, tax, tip, and room fee - we will be in one of their function rooms. Advance purchase required, tickets will not be sold at the door. Ticket sales end on Sunday, March 1st.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-pre-pax-dinner-tickets-14494849485

I am the volunteer organizer for this year so if you have any question let me know.

• Options
    ChiakiTokiChiakiToki Ultimate Gamer Registered User new member
    Going alone and cross playing Chiaki Nanami all day Saturday (only going for one day) Would be fun to meet others

• Options
    LlewellynLlewellyn Brooklyn, MDRegistered User regular
    Greetings! I am an avid PC gamer - I've not made the switch to next gen consoles, and probably won't - and I'll be going to PAX East solo as well. I decided to go on the spur of the moment a couple of weeks ago due to having guaranteed invites to off-site events. The weather has since conspired against me, and I am now flying instead of driving, and have changed my hotel to one closer to BCEC. I'll be in Boston for a bit longer, which is great, but now the trip is costing me double what I had planned (not so great XD). It also introduces logistics into the mix where it wasn't previously an issue, but that's all part of con fun, isn't it?

I am a member of quite a few other online communities; this is my first foray into the Penny Arcade community and to a PAX, but I'm looking forward to diving right in, being overwhelmed, and meeting some utterly fantastic people! For reference, a couple of those other communities are Anandtech and the Tivo Community Forum (11+ years for that one).

I have set an overly ambitious schedule (who doesn't?) but we shall see what happens. Fortunately, the weather in Boston itself isn't supposed to be too bad, so PAX itself and all of the offsite plans should not encounter any problems whatsoever.

fss_overall.png
    Extra Life 2015: Help me 1-UP last year! My 2015 Page
  • Options
    littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hey Llewellyn- glad to see there are some other people who are both first-timers and solo attendees!

littlelion2k on
  • Options
    hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular
    melzway wrote: »
    I'll be "solo" as well. My son is traveling with me but once we get to the expo he prefers to do his own thing. This will be my third year "alone" but I always have fun and meet a few folks.
    Ditto for me. My son is coming but has no interest in board games or D&D. Just cares about LoL.

• Options
    ArinikusArinikus Registered User regular
    First time here and I'll be solo all 3 days. I had someone coming with me I thought but they bailed and their passes ended up going to waste. I'll be getting there later today (Thursday) and would love to meet people

• Options
    kabal31082kabal31082 Registered User new member
    I'll be soloing PAX. This will be my first PAX as well. I'll only be going Friday though. I'm hoping it turns out to be a fun experience.

• Options
    diamonddisc89diamonddisc89 Registered User new member
    Arinikus wrote: »
    First time here and I'll be solo all 3 days. I had someone coming with me I thought but they bailed and their passes ended up going to waste. I'll be getting there later today (Thursday) and would love to meet people

What hotel are you staying at?

• Options
    DeordDeord Registered User regular
    Not quite by myself, but tend to do a lot of things on the single. Always looking to meet new people.
    Currently at the Omni Parker and will be heading out for some fun soon.

• Options
    ArinikusArinikus Registered User regular
    Arinikus wrote: »

What hotel are you staying at?
    I'm at the park plaza hotel