As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Onpeak [hotels] for 2015 are LIVE!

12345679»

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    ya this was omni parker they said it will just come right off the bill so not a huge deal just dif then they did last year

• Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I just canceled Quad Occupancy - Two Beds at the Revere hotel. Thurs - Monday. May the odds be ever in your favor.
    (if you get this room the quickest way to PAX is walk to Park St Station, Take the Red Line to Silver line and Silver to BCEC)

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    omni parker now has the rooms from on peak and they did charge the room for 1 night stay already guess its a new thing they are doing.

• Options
    PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    Just an FYI for those who may not see your confirmation number yet, I went to OnPeak and went into the "change your reservation", clicked "Update" without actually making any changes, got a new email, and that had my confirmation number for the Renaissance. Haven't seen it anywhere else on the site. Was able to request 2 beds in a room, although the guy who picked up the phone couldn't guarantee them.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    If you absolutely need 2 beds I suggest getting there early as possible. most hotels consider what you reserve as a "preference" and will oversell the 2 bed rooms giving them out first come first serve and with a guaranteed sell out like PAX no amount of complaining can remedy

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    You can also call OnPeak for your confirmation number for Renaissance. Strangely, the person I called at the hotel couldn't find me by name, but when I called back after getting my number, she found me.

w/e - I'm in.

• Options
    oAwesomeAndrewoAwesomeAndrew Registered User regular
    Question: I booked a room at Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport. In the description, it said the hotel had a shuttle for PAX. Now looking at the shuttle information, Embassy Suites is not there. Help?

Is it March 2015, yet?
  • Options
    @oAwesomeAndrew - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but historically speaking, Embassy Suites has not had a shuttle. The spreadsheet I had maintained for 2013 and 2014 PAX hotels lists Embassy Suites as not having a shuttle.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    @oAwesomeAndrew I know this doesn't actually help with the shuttle :( , but...

Directions have been provided with a “T” and Walking option.
    “T” and Walking options allow two final options.

Option A: Walkfrom South Station to the BCEC. Approximate Distance is .7miles.

Or Option B: At South Station Change for Silver line, ride silver line to World Trade Center exit and walk from here to the
    BCEC. Approximate Distance is .6 miles.

Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport
    207 Porter Street
    Approximate Distance: 3 miles

“T” & Walking
    Exit the Embassy Suites Boston and walk down Cottage Street.
    Turn right onto Everett Street then left onto Orleans Street.
    Bear right onto Summer Street and board an inbound blue line train at the Maverick station to the
    Aquarium stop.
    Exit from the Aquarium station and walk left down Atlantic Avenue to South Station.

Option A: (walk from South Station)

South Station will be infront of you once you reach Summer Street.
    Takea left onto Summer St.
    Cross the Summer St. Bridge and continue to follow Summer St.
    The BCEC will be up ahead on the right.

Option B: (Ride Silver Line and walk from World Trade Center)

Once at South Station change to Silver Line.
    Ride the silver line to the World Trade Center stop (WTC).
    Exit the subway and walk straight up C St.
    Follow C St. straight to the BCEC.

• Options
    kewers77kewers77 Registered User new member
    I can no longer access this part of the pax site, it is too late?

• Options
    @kewers77 I think that once OnPeak has transferred the information to the hotels, they are done with that event. The site exists for existing reservations, but no new ones can be made. At this point, if you don't have a hotel, you'll need to call around to the hotels to pay full rate, or check things like airbnb.

• Options
    DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    Can anyone comment how well the Westin Waterfront internet holds up during PAX weekend?
    I see they charge $13 for WiFi access so I do not want to pay for it if their network slows everything to a crawl to handle the PAX attendees.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    @DeathJest3r It's been sporadic in years past. From reports, last year wasn't as bad as previous years, so maybe they've upgraded and it's gotten better.

• Options
    shepdshepd Registered User regular
    Can anyone comment how well the Westin Waterfront internet holds up during PAX weekend?
    I see they charge $13 for WiFi access so I do not want to pay for it if their network slows everything to a crawl to handle the PAX attendees.

Free access is available in the lobby. Inconvenient, but that's hotels in a nutshell when it comes to WiFi. :razz:

• Options
    caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular
    I cancelled a Saturday night reservation at the Seaport last night directly with the hotel. Last minute change in plans. Maybe someone can grab it direct from the hotel if still needed.

• Options
    LlewellynLlewellyn Brooklyn, MDRegistered User regular
    I was able to use OnPeak to book a hotel last night, and I called the hotel directly to verify they received the reservation and that there were no stipulations or additional policies that applied to the rate. There area lot of them showing no availability, and a few that won't show you the rate when browsing, but if you need something last minute, don't hesitate to try with OnPeak, or at least use it to scout for a property to book. The rates directly near BCEC are approaching the outer atmosphere, but properties further out are still quite reasonable.

I had to switch to flying instead of driving, so I booked at the Embassy Suites at the airport. The only drawback to that is they are the only major property without an official PAX shuttle - but they have a shuttle to the Blue Line and I was able to score the room for less than $200 per night the day before arrival. I had previously been planning on staying in Braintree at a property where I've stayed before, but not having a car on hand as a backup made me want to change that. A mistake in timing or a problem with the Red Line would have been a $50 cab ride in that situation.

They are still showing availability directly on their website as of this afternoon as well, but I have no idea how many rooms they may have left.

fss_overall.png
    Extra Life 2015: Help me 1-UP last year! My 2015 Page
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Just checked in at the Seaport. I'm sure I read that last year they don't charge incidentals but they charged $50 a day which I was in unaware of which involved having to use another card. Just a heads up.

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    snotrocketsnotrocket Registered User new member
    Just released a room at "Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel" (617) 338-4111

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    So the westin is pretty awesome. I made it a point to sign up for their membership program last year. When my reservations from onpeak were switched over I got an email from a rep asking if there was anything they could do. Since then I've managed to have two single rooms changed to doubles and they upgraded the rooms as well. If you plan on staying at the westin next year sign up for spg rewards. I didn't even have to ask about an upgrade, they just did it. The customer service is totally worth it :)

DXLJjjr.png