As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2015 Q&A Thread

1141516171820»

• Options
    BluestreakWRXBluestreakWRX Friendly voice in the 'verse BostonRegistered User regular
    It would appear the North Lobby/Bandland merch tables follow the same time schedule as the expo floor.
    I saw some additional times in the system, but the details were unclear, so I don't want to mistakenly release any bad info.

• Options
    DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    Do FreePlay rooms keep going til Midnight? Want to see if I can sneak in some GGXrd Saturday night.

Yes, or close enough anyway, they might start trying to wrap it up a little beforehand.

• Options
    Tweezle120Tweezle120 Registered User regular
    Will there really be no Thornwatch on Sunday?! It's all I could manage and I didn't think Sunday's status as an inferior day was real... =( So sad.

• Options
    hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    Bandland generally follows expo hours, Merch lite starts selling at 9am.

• Options
    BigBusinessBigBusiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Sorry if this is already outlined in TOS, but is there any place on this forum to negotiate the buying and selling of PAX badges at the convention center, either above or at face value? I remember threads being closed about it last year or the year prior, but I just wanted to make sure (my friend desperately wants a ticket, and was terrible at planning ahead).

BigBusiness on
  • Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Sorry if this is already outlined in TOS, but is there any place on this forum to negotiate the buying and selling of PAX badges at the convention center, either above or at face value? I remember threads being closed about it last year or the year prior, but I just wanted to make sure (my friend desperately wants a ticket, and was terrible at planning ahead).

There is nowhere to discuss buying and trading here. His best bet is to check the usual online sights or maybe head to the convention tomorrow.

• Options
    BigBusinessBigBusiness Registered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »

There is nowhere to discuss buying and trading here. His best bet is to check the usual online sights or maybe head to the convention tomorrow.

Thank you. I appreciate it!

• Options
    yolomcswaggytotsyolomcswaggytots Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hey guys, so my dad threw out my passes to pax east in misunderstanding and thought it was a random "advertising thing". Can I get a replacement for it? I spent a lot of money and this really pisses me off

Edit: I was able to go to the BCEC and get it settled. I have my passes :)

yolomcswaggytots on
  • Options
    Brew78Brew78 Registered User regular
    Is there any kind of schedule for when which band(s) will be at Bandland? I have a Saturday ticket and had hoped to be able to talk to Paul and Storm. And thank them for making such a beautiful song about love and metaphor. That we used as our first dance song a few months ago :-D

• Options
    ChiakiTokiChiakiToki Ultimate Gamer Registered User new member
    I'm guessing lockers exist for jackets and for people who don't want to carry them or wear them due to cosplaying?

• Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    Brew78 wrote: »
    Is there any kind of schedule for when which band(s) will be at Bandland? I have a Saturday ticket and had hoped to be able to talk to Paul and Storm. And thank them for making such a beautiful song about love and metaphor. That we used as our first dance song a few months ago :-D

If they aren't there when you pass by the booth, ask whoever is running it. Likely there will be times they will be there for meet and greet and signings. Paul and Storm are usually there and it's not crazy hard to assemble them (like rounding up all of the Protomen, for example).

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    ChiakiToki wrote: »
    I'm guessing lockers exist for jackets and for people who don't want to carry them or wear them due to cosplaying?

They have a coat check for $3.

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Burns94Burns94 Registered User new member
    I know the Borderland party is sold out, but they said they'll be handing out tickets during PAX. Does anyone know where their booth is? I looked at the map but couldn't figure where's the best place to go to?

Thanks!

• Options
    Tweezle120Tweezle120 Registered User regular
    Burns94 wrote: »
    I know the Borderland party is sold out, but they said they'll be handing out tickets during PAX. Does anyone know where their booth is? I looked at the map but couldn't figure where's the best place to go to?

Thanks!

Look for Gearbox; If it's like last year Im sure the booth will be impossible to miss.

BTW; Is there REALLY no Thornwatch on Sunday? So much for all days being equally good =(

• Options
    Two things:

1) I was at panels yesterday, so what is good to go to on the Expo Hall floor?
    2) Is anyone else as disappointed by the swag bag as I was?

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular
    Two things:

1) I was at panels yesterday, so what is good to go to on the Expo Hall floor?
    2) Is anyone else as disappointed by the swag bag as I was?

Swag bags were disappointing. The only things substantial were the magic card packs, and the LoL skins. I dont even play either of those.

There also seems to be less swag in general in the show.

Check out the TinyBuild booth. They have a bunch of really really fun games.

VEIYCZd.png
  • Options
    OfficeZombieOfficeZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Does the Rock Band 4 preorder at the Harmonix booth require payment? If not would someone be willing to sign up for me? I have passes, I just had to cancel my entire trip because Jetblue is awful and the weather/my lack of money screwed up alternate travel options. I'd really love that pax exclusive guitar controller :/

OfficeZombie on
  • Options
    mimcginleymimcginley Registered User new member
    I am in Boston on business, but my husband & son are HUGE gaming fans. I could not get them tickets, but wondered if there is a hotel or spot outside the venue that is selling T-Shirts or other even gear? Any help?? :P

• Options
    VerraVerra Registered User new member
    This is going to be my first PAX and, sadly, I'm also going alone. Is there any advice for those of us who are going alone as first-timers? I only have a Sunday pass and have downloaded the guidebook and have started picking out things I want to check out/visit. One of those people where it's somewhat difficult to just run up to strangers alone and strike conversations :P

• Options
    Does the Rock Band 4 preorder at the Harmonix booth require payment? If not would someone be willing to sign up for me? I have passes, I just had to cancel my entire trip because Jetblue is awful and the weather/my lack of money screwed up alternate travel options. I'd really love that pax exclusive guitar controller :/

I believe they are only preordering guitars, not the game.

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Anyone wanna help a girl out with some QR code finding help?

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Yes the preorder for the exclusive RB guitar controller does require payment upfront. With tax it came out to $106.25.