As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

15678911»

• FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    Rock Bottom is happening. Walking to the Royale at 9:30ish.

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    FapFlop wrote: »
    Rock Bottom is happening. Walking to the Royale at 9:30ish.

Man if I didn't already have plans Id be there. Rock Bottom is great.

Where would one find Borderlands tickets?

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    They were on Twitter which I got no notifications for bc of terrible reception.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Borderland tickets are gone! Have fun!!!

ClannMorgan on
  • sphynx630sphynx630 Boston, Massachusetts Registered User regular
    I'll take them.

• rksprayberryrksprayberry Registered User new member
    I'll take them. Omw now. I have a bright orange backpack

• DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    Anyone got extra tickets for any of tonight's parties? I'm at the Holiday Inn Brookline, but if you have extras I'll take a cab and meet you at the venue.

• PugglesPuggles Registered User regular
    Sudds27 wrote: »
    Everyone enjoy PAX! I'll see some of you tonight at Royale. I only have a Sunday pass to PAX... oh well, better than nothing at all. Being at work right now blows... super jealous.

Hey I was one of the guys you brought in on Friday night. Thanks for everything I had a great time!

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    I was one as well this guy is friggen top notch for real thanks so much man and you and me will def have to get together again next year.
    Puggles wrote: »
    Sudds27 wrote: »
    Everyone enjoy PAX! I'll see some of you tonight at Royale. I only have a Sunday pass to PAX... oh well, better than nothing at all. Being at work right now blows... super jealous.

Hey I was one of the guys you brought in on Friday night. Thanks for everything I had a great time!

• RachiekinRachiekin Registered User regular
    Curious to know which parties people enjoyed this year. I caught the end of the Trion party and wish I got there sooner (it was against the mmorpg.com panel) They had nice swag like shirts, mousepads, game codes and drinks.

I also attended the Dreadnought party and thought that one was lots of fun. They gave away some raffle prizes, food and 2 drink tickets. The competition vs the developers at the end was very entertaining.

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    The parties where there were raffles and food were king. Especially for a longer party, having no food available at all even at extra cost, was a downer for me, I get hungry often.

• BashinterothBashinteroth NYCRegistered User regular
    I thoroughly enjoyed the ASUS & PCGAMER ROG party at the Royale!

• Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    Thanks guys... I appreciate the shout out (no idea what else to call it). Next year we do it all over again! Let's just hope that some gaming companies book Royale again. Meeting Cliffy B that night was the highlight of Paxeast 2015!

• ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Harmonix party was amazing. Live band karaoke to kick it off and then Frank Turner played a full one hour set which was also amazing. They gave away pretty nice swag, two free drinks, and hot food (burgers/pizza/grilled cheese/chicken/etc).

ya the asus party was off the hook and made even better by sudds. I normally am not a huge club guy but this place was amazing and headhunter was off the hook very much hoping next year someone books this place or the place under it again.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2015
    I rarely go to PAX parties, but the gearbox borderlands party was pretty great.

zerzhul on
  • SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yea it was. I liked that it was close enough to the convention center to walk. Wasn't to packed ether.

• stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Harmonix party was amazing. Live band karaoke to kick it off and then Frank Turner played a full one hour set which was also amazing. They gave away pretty nice swag, two free drinks, and hot food (burgers/pizza/grilled cheese/chicken/etc).

I don't know what it was, I was bored out of my skull at the Harmonix party. I can see karaoke and live bands any night of the week, and the whole time I was yearning to be back in the tabletop section. I think it doesn't help that I waited over half an hour outside in the cold while the line slowly trickled in.

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Should've said hi to you.

Totally agree, the Borderlands party was amazing. Fairly small venue (compared to other parties), but just enough people to comfortably fill the space. I'd say about 100 people?

No line at the open bar, plenty of finger food, and some nice swag that was given away. Great hands experience with the Presequel/BL2 and 4 player splitscreen. Hands on game time with the developers as well.

RC Claptrap races, and RC Claptrap fights. And a Claptrap cooler filled with beer. What more could you ask for?

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Loved the Harmonix party. They were very loose with the definition of "2" drinks, especially later in the evening and the Hard Rock staff were Fantastic. The burger guys were hilarious and were somehow still killing it 3 hours in! Enjoyed the show, managed to fit our group all together in the stage-half of the restaurant so we got to socialize. I probably enjoyed it more than their party last year in Laugh Boston, having one band play a set instead of bouncing through a few.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Gearbox was the highlight for me. Classy atmosphere, very good selection of booze, good people, and top notch prizes.

f7v9h.jpg
  • millerm277millerm277 Registered User regular

I don't know what it was, I was bored out of my skull at the Harmonix party. I can see karaoke and live bands any night of the week, and the whole time I was yearning to be back in the tabletop section. I think it doesn't help that I waited over half an hour outside in the cold while the line slowly trickled in.

I showed up at 10:30, had my drinks, saw a band, ate some food. Nice party in that context. I agree I would have been bored if I didn't come with a group and showed up at 8.

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    Loved the Harmonix party. They were very loose with the definition of "2" drinks, especially later in the evening and the Hard Rock staff were Fantastic. The burger guys were hilarious and were somehow still killing it 3 hours in! Enjoyed the show, managed to fit our group all together in the stage-half of the restaurant so we got to socialize. I probably enjoyed it more than their party last year in Laugh Boston, having one band play a set instead of bouncing through a few.

Yeah, we had a blast, too. Met a couple new folks, and ended up hanging out with them most of the night. Was a great, kinda chill, atmosphere.

If you were looking for a rave/club type atmosphere/party (like Asus, for example)...maybe this wasn't your scene. For us, it was PERFECT!

• agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    Fiancee and I finally realized we might be getting a little too old for some of the parties, but still had a complete blast with the ones we went to.

Friday night we wanted something a little slower after a rough but fun Pokecrawl and decided to hit up Indie Games Live at Guilt. It was a complete blast. One of our favorite aspects about PAX these days is the incredible variety of indie games, and this was pretty much a Greatest Hits of in-development games. Price of beers wasn't too bad and we got to play some great games like "Just Shapes & Beats", "Catlateral Damage", "Knights Squad" and "Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime". SABREPULSE also was killing it with the music. Once this ended we walked up the stairs to the (surprise) front of the ASUS line, got patted down and headed up to Royale. Dark, loud, and only about half a dozen stations to play Heroes of the Storm? We noped out of there.

On Saturday, I spent all day stalking Borderlands on Twitter and finally scored some passes to the Borderlands Pants Optional party. Easily one of the most fun nights we've had since we started doing the after-show events. Low key with excellent beer, great/small crowd, amazing swag, and got to play a few games of the Handsome Collection with different people. Had Greg Miller demand to take a photo with us while in our non-Borderlands cosplay, even after my girlfriend cussed him out for interrupting her gaming. Waiting for the Uber surge to go down we stumbled to a pub down the street and had a few more chatting with the confused locals. All in all a great night.

9c47mzsb636m.jpg
    (Still don't know why they underlit all the statues.)

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
    Puggles wrote: »
    ASUS party was pretty great.
    p3qjuiarj0cq.jpg
    You found me! Blue hat and beard.

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I had such a fantastic time at the ASUS party. The mom of a 15 month old, given VIP passes with open bar... YUP. LOL <3

Ln5yLL7.png
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Security at ASUS was strange. Half my friends wandered upstairs before a security guy stopped them and told them upstairs was reserved for VIP. The rest of use walked over the the other side and went up that way. Eventually, they seemed to stop caring.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
    ya I think it was suppose to be vip at 1st but by like half way through the party they decided not to care anymore

Randomfool wrote: »
    Security at ASUS was strange. Half my friends wandered upstairs before a security guy stopped them and told them upstairs was reserved for VIP. The rest of use walked over the the other side and went up that way. Eventually, they seemed to stop caring.

Every time there's a party at Royale, it ends up this way. Security literally stops caring/doing their job after a while, and it becomes a free for all.

• SiraRavenSiraRaven Registered User regular
    Yeah, we encountered a similar thing. We went up there earlier during the party no-problem, and once up there, there were signs for a separate upstairs VIP section, so we assumed that just that central upstairs part was VIP. Then, an hour or so later, we tried to go upstairs and were stopped. Very strange.

SiraRaven wrote: »
    Yeah, we encountered a similar thing. We went up there earlier during the party no-problem, and once up there, there were signs for a separate upstairs VIP section, so we assumed that just that central upstairs part was VIP. Then, an hour or so later, we tried to go upstairs and were stopped. Very strange.

When I left the ASUS party (and I left fairly early), four or five of the security guards were congregated around ONE stairwell, lazily leaning against the banisters and joking about women.

The three other stairwells were left unattended.

Go figure.

This discussion has been closed.