As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twitch pin stampede

2»

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    The Order Fiasco

I loved their last album!

I prefer their debut to their newer stuff.

qquw1tvog85l.jpg

• Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So how's the twitch craziness going? Are the pins flowing or are they staying rare?

• PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I am not at PAX, but so far they have given out an extra 70 pins on top of the first 50 for the day. All have been for find person x and get a pin deals. So that's 120 pins for the first day?

• HijumpHijump Registered User regular
    I am not at PAX, but so far they have given out an extra 70 pins on top of the first 50 for the day. All have been for find person x and get a pin deals. So that's 120 pins for the first day?

Correct, I thought that they were going to be giving some out on twitter but it seems that they are just going to be tweeting who to look for. I wish everyone who is there the best of luck in tracking these guys down or being one of those first 50 people. Stay safe!

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Everyone on the main pinny chat should set alerts for twitch's twitter so we can let everyone there know quickly.

Not me though.

• PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Total of 30 extra twitch pins on Twitter today, 80 for the day, a total of 200 given out so far. Either they are going to give out a cartload of pins tomorrow, or they are holding them over for another PAX. Well, that or trying to artificially create a DLC.

• hackyhacky Registered User regular
    500 were given out at the Twitch Town Hall panel last night.

• gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Well, there you go. That's probably all of them with a smattering of pins left over for employees, friends, family, etc.

• KingPin1KingPin1 Hardcore Casual Pin Trader Seattle WA, USARegistered User regular
  • DatixDatix Registered User regular
    In case they pull similar shenanigans at Prime, I went into East thinking the Glitch was one I just would ignore given the difficulty. On Sunday, however, I just happened to bump into Athena leaving their booth and offered up a trade because she was wearing one on her lanyard. She picked my D&D ampersand I had to trade and pulled one from her bag on the board in pristine condition. (She knew her stuff about pins and wasn't about to let it go for mere fodder.)

If you're someone who doesn't want to run for the booth or wait for a panel you might not want to see, try to find the prominent booth staff. They'll likely hook you up. Hope that helps anyone trying to nab one at future events!

• BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Datix wrote: »
    In case they pull similar shenanigans at Prime, I went into East thinking the Glitch was one I just would ignore given the difficulty. On Sunday, however, I just happened to bump into Athena leaving their booth and offered up a trade because she was wearing one on her lanyard. She picked my D&D ampersand I had to trade and pulled one from her bag on the board in pristine condition. (She knew her stuff about pins and wasn't about to let it go for mere fodder.)

If you're someone who doesn't want to run for the booth or wait for a panel you might not want to see, try to find the prominent booth staff. They'll likely hook you up. Hope that helps anyone trying to nab one at future events!

I think the issue though is that the D&D pin is valuable and rare because both Pin traders and D&D fans love the design so it naturally became valuable. Whereas the Twitch staff were trying to artificially make it valuable by either making people jump through hoops for a limited amount of them or asking for high value trades before the pin was even fully distributed, ie they didn't finish going through their print runs.

• pakopakopakopako Registered User regular
    Didn't the DnD pins also get passed out like cookies?

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    pakopako wrote: »
    Didn't the DnD pins also get passed out like cookies?

They had enough for everyone in the theatre, so in terms of production they aren't rare. But most people who were there were fans of AI and/or DnD in general, so I'd expect most to be out of circulation.

• DatixDatix Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm definitely not saying that the Twitch will end up rare. I'm just offering up an alternative to fighting the mob trying to get one in their random giveaways. D&D pins aren't necessarily easy to come by now that they're all in the wild, but the run was large enough that a dedicated person could get a hold of one if they wanted it.