As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade Forum Bags

• evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    maywest wrote: »
    Have you given any more thought to how you're going to handle distribution? The pre-PAX gaming night in the Westin on Thursday might be a good place to start! I know it would be nice to have my bag then so I can get it all packed and ready for Friday.

I would love to give them out Thursday night at the Westin. As I have been saying for a week, I don't know when I will have the bags in hand. Once I do, I will post in the WhatsApp PAX East. If I have them Thursday evening, I will distribute at the Westin that night.

Makes sense to me. How does one get in on this WhatsApp business?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Have you given any more thought to how you're going to handle distribution? The pre-PAX gaming night in the Westin on Thursday might be a good place to start! I know it would be nice to have my bag then so I can get it all packed and ready for Friday.

I would love to give them out Thursday night at the Westin. As I have been saying for a week, I don't know when I will have the bags in hand. Once I do, I will post in the WhatsApp PAX East. If I have them Thursday evening, I will distribute at the Westin that night.

PM @PedroAsani your cell phone number and he'll add you (because I'm sick of adding people lol)

• maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    I am 99% sure that I will get the bags on Wednesday evening; if is I will have them to distribute any time on Thursday. If you are on the chat, contact me if you want yours on Thursday (that is, on Thursday contact me when/where is good for you - I will accommodate if I can). For sure I will be in the Westin Thursday evening.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular

PM @PedroAsani your cell phone number and he'll add you (because I'm sick of adding people lol)

or me, I can add too.

I will have the bags tomorrow (Thursday) night. I will not have them at the dinner.

I will have the bags in the Westin at 9 PM tonight.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Since apparently maywest is JUST GIVING AWAY PEEKS OF IT FOR FREE here it is:

SKLE5IXm.jpg

Click for embiggening.

• timmywiltimmywil Chattanooga, TNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'm interested in getting a bag too! I know it's too late, but I'd like to get in on the next round.

timmywil on
    timmywil wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting a bag too! I know it's too late, but I'd like to get in on the next round.

There seems to be interest for a second run. I am thinking of doing it in August, so that people that are going to Prime can pick them up there.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    May if you are going to be at prime, I'll just pick mine up there and save us the headache of shipping (assuming that I'm able to get a badge, that's never protected)

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    timmywil wrote: »

There seems to be interest for a second run. I am thinking of doing it in August, so that people that are going to Prime can pick them up there.

I think I'd consider doing it in August. I did love seeing the bags in person.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So lets see the pics you guys took of everyone with their bags!

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Sadly this didn't happen, because everyone was too bloody knackered after Omegathon. I'm thinking to do it pre-PAX from now on. Plus they will all be nicely filled with Pins.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I just want to say thank you to Maywest for doing this. They are going to be such a big help for each PAX, and the names on them is a good aid for those who forget because brain.

• zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Maywest, thanks again for letting me pick up the last spare bag! I really enjoyed using it Saturday! I switched back to the backpack on Sunday because I had to pick up t-shirts and a hoodie and toys for my son so I needed the extra space, but I got multiple compliments Saturday about the pin bag and it will be even more awesome once I load it up with my pins.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I definitely got jelly seeing everyone with their bags, I might have to suck up my dislike of messenger bags so I can be part of the cool kids club.

Everyone seemed to like the bags at East. I have 13 that I need to mail out. I will be contacting each of you individually to ensure I have the correct address, and if you haven't paid shipping, I will let you know how much that is (I will figure that out this weekend).

For those that missed this order, I am willing to do another order in late July, early August, so people can pick up their bags at Prime. If you are interested in a bag, let me know, so I can get an estimate on what the price will be.

edited March 2015
    I apologize to everyone. I was wrong about the shipping. The bag is more substantial that I expected (a good thing) so it will not fit into the smallest shipping box (a bad thing). This resulted in shipping costing more than I anticipated.

SO, the shipping costs are:

USA: $13
    Australia: $24

Anyone who would like to send multipule bags to one address, we can work out the savings.
    Anyone who would like to pick it up at Prime, that would be fine.

I will be sending everyone who I still have a bag for a PM on this by tomorrow evening.

maywest on
    @Maywest it's best to pack all the stuff going to Aus in one shipment, and have them resend everything from there. Usually I send to @manic2k or @Duckie because they are awesome.

It is up to the recipients what they want me to do. I (sometimes) follow orders well. I just need to know what everyone wants. I will keep you in the loop @PedroAsani .

It is up to the recipients what they want me to do. I (sometimes) follow orders well. I just need to know what everyone wants. I will keep you in the loop @PedroAsani .

Well yes. Just from a "lowest shipping cost" perspective, one heavier package making the long haul and then splitting into smaller ones is noticeably cheaper than multiple light packages all doing the 10,000 mile trek.

I'm doing a few heading over there now.

• brainiac744brainiac744 Registered User regular
    If you're doing another run of the bags, I'd be interested in getting one.

Watch this post in July. The cost will depend on how many want the bag.

Sign me up for July.

• Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    Got my bag today & it is even better than I thought it would be. Fits my big pin trading binder perfectly and has a bunch of handy zip pockets. Thanks again @maywest

I am making a list of those who are interested in a July order for bags or business cards. I will send a message to anyone who lets me know now when I am getting ready to place a new order.

• BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    I'll jump on the July Bagwagon! Lemme know when you're ready!

Take a look at my pins
    Thank god @maywest changed her avatar from the old blue one. Every time I scrolled down the main page I thought it was a new reply to a thread. ;)

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Business cards????? PLEASE EXPLAIN

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    pRB86YTUY0V6A.jpg

Yeah it's pretty cool! I'm current doing a "slip of paper, with stamp and Coop pin thing" but I may have to upgrade to Business card level as well :)

For PAX's 'n' Stuff!

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
    @Maywest, I want a bag and those baller cards.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Please put me on the interest list for a bag. Gotta feel the freedom of having all my pins both secure and easy to access at the same time.

Lazorz on
    Thank god @maywest changed her avatar from the old blue one. Every time I scrolled down the main page I thought it was a new reply to a thread. ;)
    You could always make me a new, cool avatar! Then I wouldn't have to use my lame business card, or pin collection!

• BurtBurt Registered User regular
    Count me in as one of the people who were jealous of you guys at East and want in on the next batch, please!

I don't know, making avatars isn't really my thing.

Maybe if there was a thread where you could request what you would like...

• giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    I would like to be in the next run as well.

edited March 2015
    I don't know, making avatars isn't really my thing.

Who made that great one for Picmin? I'm jelly!

maywest on
  • Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    @maywest fish made it, he just wants you to post what kind of image you want in this thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/194505/hobby-pins#latest

• evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Did anyone get a picture of these bags in action at PAX? I'm curious to know how they fared.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”