As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, March 9, 2015 - The Judging Wood, Part Two

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Monday, March 9, 2015 - The Judging Wood, Part Two

The Judging Wood, Part Two

The Judging Wood, Part Two

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/03/09

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Hoon, Hoon, Ho-Hoon!

steam_sig.png
  • BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    I wonder if he heard her say that, if so I think he's gonna freak out more. Also amazing art!

• PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    Although I know it was not the intention, this comic made me laugh when I imagine the Owl as a huge racist.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Something about the lookouts face in panel one is bothering me, probably just a style thing, the owl in two reminds me of Disney owls. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • R0n1n_76R0n1n_76 Registered User regular
    It looks amazing. The Eyrewood strips often leave me feeling like the crackhead from Chapelle's show. "ya'll got anymore of that Thornwatch?"

• RaveBombRaveBomb Registered User regular
    I hope that we can get a list of the Laws.

I'm off to pirate more music, steal software, and knock down little old ladies, then later I'm going to cover my self in Yak's blood, and lay in a pentagram, while reading some Marxist literature and praying to a heathen god.

tata
    edited March 2015
    RaveBomb wrote: »

1. Stay the fuck outta my woods or we cut your head off.

2. See Rule 1

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    An Owl named Cowl

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    RaveBomb wrote: »

1. Stay the fuck outta my woods or we cut your head off.

2. See Rule 1

3. Harvest ripe white necks

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I don't think his presence alone is anathema. I think the owl scents some sort of sickness growing in him, that will eventually (soon) need to be "ended", according to the Law.
    (Whether that's "merely" peritonitis et al, or some supernatural infection/corruption, remains to be seen.)

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    That is one fucked up owl... I thought they were supposed to be all wise and whatnot! That one's just angry and mean...

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So is she the hotdog fairy?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This is awesome so far. I hope it last long enough to really feel finished!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I don't think his presence alone is anathema. I think the owl scents some sort of sickness growing in him, that will eventually (soon) need to be "ended", according to the Law.
    (Whether that's "merely" peritonitis et al, or some supernatural infection/corruption, remains to be seen.)

This was discussed in some of the other comments, where it was agreed that the Daughters are caretakers of the forest. So the Lookouts wouldn't be well-liked by them. And the established communities, for their part, seem to regard the Daughters as witches who've sided with the monsters. The Thornwatch is about picking up boys who don't make the cut in the Lookouts.

It seems this particular boy is too young to just casually murder. He's not yet exactly complicit in what the adults make him do.

Twenty Sided on
    I am assuming the Lookouts comic has gone further in depth on what the Lookouts do in the forest and the roles of the various factions (Thornwatch, Daughters etc) While I love these little glimpses into the world I just feel like I am missing so much on what is going on.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Agent SmithAgent Smith PennsylvaniaRegistered User new member
    What kind of new and delicious eye and story candy is this? Only two comic strips about Eyrerwood and I'm hooked like a Mako shark on a blood trail.

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Yeah, those laws seem legit. I'm cool with them if you're cool with them.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    According to the live action Jungle Book movie from 1994 that no one but me seems to remember, the Law of the Jungle is "Kill only to eat, or to keep from being eaten". This owl needs to brush up on his laws. Also, this girl may be a Daughter of the Eyrewood, but she is neither Judge Dredd nor Inspector Javert, so any claims of being the Law are spurious at best.

P.S. The Lookouts don't necessarily have to be horrible murderous people for the Daughters to be against them. Anyone who's played a chaotic druid (the best kind) in D&D knows that nature is not all unicorns and rainbows.

• RaveBombRaveBomb Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    I am assuming the Lookouts comic has gone further in depth on what the Lookouts do in the forest and the roles of the various factions (Thornwatch, Daughters etc) While I love these little glimpses into the world I just feel like I am missing so much on what is going on.

There are bits all over the place. This post/tidbit from the Tithe covers some of the interactions between the three "factions".

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2013/09/20/from-the-forums

I'm off to pirate more music, steal software, and knock down little old ladies, then later I'm going to cover my self in Yak's blood, and lay in a pentagram, while reading some Marxist literature and praying to a heathen god.

tata
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Clearly I haven't been paying attention.
    I wasn't aware there was anything but the Lookouts and the mysterious forest.

Also that owl is totally blood and thundering all over the place.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • rhinohelixrhinohelix Registered User new member
    I love the precision of that third panel; it's amazing. Looking back, I guess its been there for a while but I am just now seeing the change in the strip. Also, I never get tired of more Thornwatch.

• PiaLottaPiaLotta GermanyRegistered User new member
    Will there be a Lookouts/Eyerewood-comic-book??? Pretty please! <3

Well.... maybe.
  • MDVMDV Registered User new member
    You have an owl.... named Cowl? Please don't quit your day job for this.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The owl is getting too much attention.

I prefer the blue bird on her right. Totes chill.

PiaLotta wrote: »
    Will there be a Lookouts/Eyerewood-comic-book??? Pretty please! <3

There already is
    https://www.cryptozoic.com/other/lookouts

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041