As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Cosplay Thread

12346»

• Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    Well, I decided to ditch the black mage face wrap, since it's going to be about a million degrees in the convention center. Other than that, though, I think I'm pretty satisfied with my first attempts at PAX costumes!

Harry Dresden (Friday)
    rruf686r040x.jpg

I know Harry doesn't do hats, but it's pretty ingrained in the cover art by now.

Black Mage (Saturday)
    dy4w6p8vpwfq.jpg

TF2 Scout (Sunday)
    iw0j6cvqaph2.jpg

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    AdianaAdiana Registered User new member
    I'll be there as a Destiny Warlock! Likely only in costume on Saturday, possibly Friday. Those helmets get warm and humid, I tells ya...

• Options
    JackWrenJackWren Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Still have some last minute detail work, but Manthena is good to go.
    7NKaMp4l.jpg

JackWren on
  • Options
    Evie AppleEvie Apple Registered User regular
    Yay for Manthena! That's a sweet shield and sword. Just finished the last details for my Lady Zero (Zerah?) and Sir Nisha (Nash?) last night. Now if only it would stop snowing, I could get on the road. :/

ojmko7iwc3gv.jpg

• Options
    Evie AppleEvie Apple Registered User regular
    Oh, and this will be us tomorrow! If you see us, be sure to flip our coin. We're doing...an experiment.

• Options
    Helmet looks awesome! Hopefully I'll bump into you guys. You guys doing Borderlands on Saturday?

• Options
    DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Originally was planning on skipping East this year, but had a change of heart as usual. Sadly won't be around on Friday, but hope to photograph as many cosplayers as I can on Saturday and Sunday!

• Options
    DigitalxRequiemDigitalxRequiem South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    see you guys tomorrow! Look for the grey Jedi with the green lightsaber and beard!

• Options
    thundera4eva thundera4eva Registered User new member
    Im kinda new to cosplaying.... is it okay to do a different character each day? I'm going to be a female wolverine (movie version) then Deadpool on Saturday, then harley quinn Sunday. this is only my second pax and I feel super nervous about dressing up -_-

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    Im kinda new to cosplaying.... is it okay to do a different character each day? I'm going to be a female wolverine (movie version) then Deadpool on Saturday, then harley quinn Sunday. this is only my second pax and I feel super nervous about dressing up -_-

Go for it! Different outfits per day seems to be the norm from what I can see. This is my 2nd year cosplaying, 3rd Con doing so.

• Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular

Pretty normal to dress up as something different for different days. You'll be nervous at first but everyone is accepting and will ask for photos. Always a fun time.

• Options
    Heads up for any Borderlands people! There will be a group shoot meeting at Weapons Check 2pm on Saturday!

• Options
    DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    End of day one. If you spot me, flag me down and sign me!7a26o56uq1ou.jpg

• Options
    PhotoVideoSamplesEtPhotoVideoSamplesEt Registered User regular
    PAX East 2015 Cosplay. These are shots that I took yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0hREjLE3s

Last year, their was a "PAX Picture/Video Share east 2014" thread. Can someone show me where's this years thread?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    This year's thread will go up after pax

• Options
    Mistress_IshboMistress_Ishbo Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    n7hneyh1qnki.jpg
    Can't wait to see all of you today!

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I brought my hotline Miami Jacket costume back out this year at the last minute and went with the Dennis/Wolf variant for it since I didn't get to last year.
    Did anyone else have issues getting on the floor with a mask? I was stopped by an enforcer as my line in the queue room entered Friday morning saying masks weren't allowed to be worn on the floor at all. It seemed to be fairly mixed in how strongly it was enforced but the few other cosplayers I spoke to said they had similar experiences.13de6y84gs10.jpg

• Options
    kdmitchellkdmitchell Editor -in- Chief of TheOuterhaven Claymont, DelawareRegistered User regular
    Some pics that my team (Wife and daughter tag team) took during PAX East 2015 - here.

• Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Had an amazing time this year! (As Always) Thanks to everyone who stopped us for photos, can't wait until next year! If anyone has photos of us we'd love to see them!

Friday
    1qz6hxaa49gc.jpg

Saturday
    801h4kjuwhzf.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hey Jonny, thanks for being awesome. I walked by you numerous times on Friday and you and your crew were being 100% hilarious and classy.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Not sure if it was you @JonnyRuckus but I saw a Ghostbuster with a proton pack that had music playing from it and the lights danced with the music .. nice touch. :P

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Hey Johhny, thanks for being awesome. I walked by you numerous times on Friday and you and your crew were being 100% hilarious and classy.

haha Classy? You'd be the first to say that! Thank you!

• Options
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Not sure if it was you @JonnyRuckus but I saw a Ghostbuster with a proton pack that had music playing from it and the lights danced with the music .. nice touch. :P

yup that's me! it's called "Party Mode", turns all my light into equalizers

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Hey Johhny, thanks for being awesome. I walked by you numerous times on Friday and you and your crew were being 100% hilarious and classy.

haha Classy? You'd be the first to say that! Thank you!

(Oops, I spelled your name wrong) Anyway, yeah, you handled your fans well.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DigitalxRequiemDigitalxRequiem South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Hey if anyone has video or pics of the star wars group of Jedi that were wandering around please let me know. trying to get all of them together

• Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    I was the Venom Snake cosplay. I met up with a Zero cosplay from Borderlands 2 and we had an awesome talk about many topics. He gave me his business card to contact him for more info on materials to use and such and I lost it. Posting to see if he sees this.
    Also there was a guy doing shots for a music video and, again, I lost his business card and was legit interested in seeing it when it gets complete.

Overall had an amazing time and loved the interactions with new pax'ers and fellow cosplayers. See you all again next year.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So.. Friday MovieBob (he had a panel I guess) was dressed up as Captain N.. I ran into him outside, didn't know who he was, but recognized the cosplay, walked up to him "I'm gonna be you tomorrow!" one of his fans showed up to talk to him, thus did I learn of MovieBob..
    Saturday, I kid you not, I ran into TWO other people dressed up as Captain N, while dressed up as Captain N myself, and there were.. a LOT more people commenting on the costume than I've ever seen before.

I have no idea if there were any Captain N's on Sunday, I was in the Gigantic tournament all day, and only hit the expo floor for about 3 minutes between matches.

• Options
    AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Thanks everyone who read the forum and brought appropriate weapons. We really appreciate everyone being flexible and working with us. If anyone had an issue with wearing a mask in the Expo area I apologize. The feedback thread states that a few people were told they couldn't wear their masks. There is no rule preventing Attendees from wearing a mask, cosplaying or not. There is a rule that prevents Enforcers from wearing a mask when on duty and I am guessing that this was misunderstood. I will be making a follow up post on our internal forum and guide and we will address it next year to ensure that no one thinks there is an Attendee mask restriction.

• Options
    ZupatsuZupatsu Registered User new member
    I cosplayed as Postman Link from Hyrule Warriors with an 8-bit sword and shield for PAX East
    2015 on Saturday. Unfortunately, I only received/had a total of 3 photos of myself. Did anyone have photos of me? I'd love to see them if you do!

* I'm specifically looking for an image of me and Tingle w/ me and Majora w/ me.
    * I'd also love to see photos of the people that I gave my weapons to, so they could have the opportunity to pose with me.
    * I danced/was a backup dancer at the Just Dance Spotlight stage. Footage/photos would be great!

If you could find me these photos, thank you. Also, I'd like to share/repost your images of you give me permission.
    I will credit you using your preferred user.

Thank you!

Here's some reference if you need it:
    y4k5ihkaav3m.png9dcdbc8060c2df82809cfd5a193dba751416687881_full.jpg

---

Here's my image gallery! It's not much, but feel free to tag yourselves.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=pcb.957384904302170&type=1

Icon.png 618.3K
  • Options
    Ubiquitous_UrsidaeUbiquitous_Ursidae Registered User new member
    I was the Barbarian from the Doritos/Mountain Dew RPG party, and if anyone has any more pictures of us I'd appreciate seeing them!

• Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    I was so excited, I got to cosplay for the first time this year! lol I sort of cheated though... I was one of the lucky ones to win the Magicka2 robe, But I wore the hell out of it! if any one has any pics of them feel free to post them or send me them... I was told where I could find them, but with all the excitement I could never remember any of the sites I was told.

• Options
    ItaraItara Registered User regular
    I posted something in the pictures thread, but it might be worth repeating here. PAX East was my 1st time cosplaying and im trying to gather pictures. So, if anyone has pictures of an adorable Charazard or of Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn (FFXIV) I would love them.

Thanks ^_^

• Options
    LoopasLoopas Registered User new member
    edited March 2015
    AaronC wrote: »
    There is no rule preventing Attendees from wearing a mask, cosplaying or not.

Thank goodness for that! Would have messed me up :)
    We didn't hit any issues with mask restrictions. We had a great time. Enforcers were all awesome!

Loopas on
  • Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    I was Hyrule Warriors Zelda on Friday/Sat. And also Jill V. For a little bit on sat! Please message me on here or on my fb page (in my sig) if we met or if you have photos! My sister was also HW Impa, if you have any of her!!

I also did some photographing myself of other cosplayers on Sunday which I will be posting soon :)

gui3qt8vlmj8.jpg
    27noangr6p9j.jpg
    bb9wxyhmlaet.jpg

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    I brought my hotline Miami Jacket costume back out this year at the last minute and went with the Dennis/Wolf variant for it since I didn't get to last year.
    Did anyone else have issues getting on the floor with a mask? I was stopped by an enforcer as my line in the queue room entered Friday morning saying masks weren't allowed to be worn on the floor at all. It seemed to be fairly mixed in how strongly it was enforced but the few other cosplayers I spoke to said they had similar experiences.

I'm sorry too. I enforced in the Expo Hall and I was new to expo's department. If you were early in the Expo Hall Friday morning (wave 2 or 3?) I think I saw you get stopped by another enforcer, a word exchanged, then you oddly proceeded to remove your Dennis mask and keep going. I resolved to ask that enforcer and higher ups about that encounter. Then the chaos monster showed up and I was underleveled to handle that much chaos. By the time I recovered my wits later in the day I had I forgotten all about it what happened in the first 5 minutes of PAX. I feel like if I'd have asked immediately after that first incident with the Hotline Miami cosplayer that I could've ended mask issues at the start. :bigfrown: :redface:

• Options
    SiraRavenSiraRaven Registered User regular
    I had a great time at my first PAX! I'm pretty new to cosplaying, and it was a lot of fun to see all the other cosplayers - so much talent. If anyone has any pictures of my costume (I was Aqua from Kingdom Hearts on Friday and Saturday - I think there was another Aqua around, but I was the one without a keyblade), I'd love to see them! (didn't get many of myself)

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry too. I enforced in the Expo Hall and I was new to expo's department. If you were early in the Expo Hall Friday morning (wave 2 or 3?) I think I saw you get stopped by another enforcer, a word exchanged, then you oddly proceeded to remove your Dennis mask and keep going. I resolved to ask that enforcer and higher ups about that encounter. Then the chaos monster showed up and I was underleveled to handle that much chaos. By the time I recovered my wits later in the day I had I forgotten all about it what happened in the first 5 minutes of PAX. I feel like if I'd have asked immediately after that first incident with the Hotline Miami cosplayer that I could've ended mask issues at the start. :bigfrown: :redface:

Yep, that sounds like you saw it happen. Oddly really is the right word for it, I was totally thrown off by the whole situation. I was so confused how I got through bag check, weapons check, got to my queue line and only got stopped at that point for the first time. It's all chaotic and from what I'm hearing there was something that got lost in translation. I had asked an enforcer who I was familiar with from past years and they said it was a combination of post Boston bombing security and a reaction to the threats made towards Brianna Wu. Both understandable reasons but the enforcer who initially stopped me didn't have any justification beyond "It's a new rule" Another enforcer cleared it all up for me in the feedback thread. Works out for me, I'm planning on trying to cosplay Ash/Alex from Hotline Miami 2 with a friend next year.

• Options
    eilonwyeilonwy Registered User regular
    lyt06c1enexh.jpg

I was the blue haired Maya and everyone I met was so wonderful! Thank you guys for making this my best PAX yet!

• Options
    Roger_LRoger_L Registered User new member
    http://bellevuephotos.squarespace.com/blog/

All my pictures from Pax East 2015, five posts in total.

• Options
    Sprocket135Sprocket135 MARegistered User new member
    Hey guys! I know I'm late posting, but I've unfortunately been wicked busy since PaxEast happened.
    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any pics of me? A few people took my photo, but I haven't been able to find any online so far. I was only there on Saturday, & I was dressed like a White Mage from the Final Fantasy series. I was also carrying a white staff. And hey - in case anyone saw, I also slid on my butt down at least 3 stairs when I slipped going to the Exhibition Hall in the morning too, LOL.

Here's a couple reference pics:

- http://i.imgur.com/BqtxkHf.jpg

- http://i.imgur.com/bNM95Qe.jpg