As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX East] The Battle for HothPAX is Over

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hey I'm here what's up?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Oooh hangouts.

I'm up for whatever with some amount of forewarning! Like probably not tonight.

Can think of a handful of cool things.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Finished breaking down the booth at midnight last night and then found the one place in boston open for dinner.

Already home and everything hurts.

Especially my soul....because I miss you dorks. You know, for the brief time that I got to see some of you....or meet the rest of you for the first time.

I really do appreciate everyone dropping by the booth and saying "hi" and keeping me posted with the goings on. Mwah mwah.

I'm sorry for not trying harder to find you. I didn't spend a lot of time on the show floor (aside from volunteering at my company's booth), but when I was walking around, I wasn't able to find your booth and my mind didn't even think of checking the guide to find your exact location. Also, I would've felt really weird asking a random person if DrZiplock was there

If there's a next time, I'll try to be better about finding you, or anyone else for that matter. Just anticipate an awkward first meeting; I suck at meeting people for the first time

Rayze on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I'm out in the burbs and I'm here till next Monday.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options

On-island or on the shores?

Next weekend could definitely be a time when things happen.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Almost home. Post PAX blues kickin in, and I'm sore from airplane seats.

Love all you wonderful folks and if I could I'd hit every PAX to see you all.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

I'd be up for this weekend things!
    Try and get @Cello to take a train down or something

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm home!

Completely exhausted. This was probably my favorite pax so far.

• Options
    Home safe.

DANPAX successful
    1sgpuv9u7mwf.jpg

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    This was definitely a great PAX. Minus the 3 hour dinner.

I'll see a number of you for FloPAX, or maybe South. If not, definitely next East. Had a lot of fun with all of you, and I'm glad my policy of seeming to hate everyone but not really is paying off. So many intimidated people, it's fantastic.

Special shout out to @Romanian My Escutcheon ... for bringing his fun and totally normal sister.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options

I'm on the south shore!

• Options
    @A steak! @Didgeridoo
    Are these specs good enough for DA:I

You guys convinced me to just pick it up on PC and play it already :P (I think they are)

Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 171 °F
    Yorkfield 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (6-8-8-20)
    Motherboard
    Foxconn BlackOps (Socket 775) 105 °F
    Graphics
    ASUS VW224 (1680x1050@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (ATI) 130 °F

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    WIth your CPU you'll probably have to run with fairly low settings. You're above the minimum but below the recommended

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Or you'll just crash regularly every thirty minutes because of an engine bug that I guess they'll never fix.

DARE YOU PLAY THE EA LOTTERY?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I had a great time hanging out with you fools. Let's do it again sometime. And since next year will be later in the year it will a) be warmer (I hope) and b) I won't have to spend my Sat. and Sun. getting ready for another con instead of drinking with you fine people. It's really annoying that I didn't get to say farewell to people. Post facto digital embraces all around.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Are these specs good enough for DA:I

You guys convinced me to just pick it up on PC and play it already :P (I think they are)

Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 171 °F
    Yorkfield 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (6-8-8-20)
    Motherboard
    Foxconn BlackOps (Socket 775) 105 °F
    Graphics
    ASUS VW224 (1680x1050@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (ATI) 130 °F

You should be able to play it, but you're going to be seeing plastic hair.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Get more RAM!

• Options

I'm on the south shore!

Depending on how close you are to the metro, it would be pretty close to take it up to downtown and go to a place.

There's a cool board game pub near Berri-UQAM if you're into that sort of thing!

sig.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I miss PAX

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    It was great meeting you guys! Even if it was only for 15 minutes before we had to rush out for dinner :P

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Rayze wrote: »
    Also, I would've felt really weird asking a random person if DrZiplock was there

No worries, man.

My coworkers haven't totally pieced it all together yet, but random combinations of "is the doctor here?" "is zip around?" and my favorite "uhh...ziplock?" have all managed to get them to summon me.

And it's Steve, by the way. Nice to have almost met you.

• Options

I'm on the south shore!

Depending on how close you are to the metro, it would be pretty close to take it up to downtown and go to a place.

There's a cool board game pub near Berri-UQAM if you're into that sort of thing!

I am near a bus that'll drop me to the metro or so my friend says.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    First off, I miss you all so much! PAX was such a blast again this year, but wow did the time rush by so fast.

It's been a few years since I was at East, and it was really great to see some old friends as well as meet a bunch of new people. I'm super glad we ended up taking 2 group photos this time out, as a lot of people could only make one and not the other.

Thanks to everyone who came out to Jillian's for the first night's festivities. Didn't get a chance to play pool or bowl, too much catching up with people (and carbombs!) Also, thanks for everyone who joined up with us just to hang out and play games at the convention centers. Panels are fun and all, but I really like getting to know you guys better while sharing a Betrayal. Huge thanks to everyone for checking up on me and making sure I didn't freeze to death. The cold wasn't as dire as I was expecting, but it meant a lot that you guys made sure I was comfy enough throughout the week.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see many of you on Sunday for proper hugs and goodbyes, which seems to happen every time and I need to work on. Anyway, I'll probably share more later, but I wanted to say that you all rock and I love our PA family vacations. :)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    First off, I miss you all so much! PAX was such a blast again this year, but wow did the time rush by so fast.

It's been a few years since I was at East, and it was really great to see some old friends as well as meet a bunch of new people. I'm super glad we ended up taking 2 group photos this time out, as a lot of people could only make one and not the other.

Thanks to everyone who came out to Jillian's for the first night's festivities. Didn't get a chance to play pool or bowl, too much catching up with people (and carbombs!) Also, thanks for everyone who joined up with us just to hang out and play games at the convention centers. Panels are fun and all, but I really like getting to know you guys better while sharing a Betrayal. Huge thanks to everyone for checking up on me and making sure I didn't freeze to death. The cold wasn't as dire as I was expecting, but it meant a lot that you guys made sure I was comfy enough throughout the week.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see many of you on Sunday for proper hugs and goodbyes, which seems to happen every time and I need to work on. Anyway, I'll probably share more later, but I wanted to say that you all rock and I love our PA family vacations. :)

i already miss you guys :(

wish i coulda made it to pax east, and sadly i won't be at any others anytime soon

• Options
    @Houk When I heard that you were coming back Stateside for a bit, I was so sure you were going to stop by PAX East and so I was expecting you all weekend! :( Maybe one of these years you can head down to AusPax?

Also, has anybody heard from @Romanian My Escutcheon? I was going to bug him about the first forum pic, but noticed he hasn't posted since the weekend.

• Options
    He's been tweeting!

• Options
    I just asked him

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you! :o

Bogey on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    @Houk When I heard that you were coming back Stateside for a bit, I was so sure you were going to stop by PAX East and so I was expecting you all weekend! :( Maybe one of these years you can head down to AusPax?

Also, has anybody heard from @Romanian My Escutcheon? I was going to bug him about the first forum pic, but noticed he hasn't posted since the weekend.

i halfway thought about it, but i was super exhausted from all my travel, and i didn't really have it in me to track down tickets and hotel and transportation, especially with how the weather seemed to be going :(

i was actually thinking about auspax, hopefully i can make it happen but i dunno if anyone stateside would be able to make it

• Options
    I'm feelin a bit poxy today :(

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Hey @rhylith can you tell Dan that he smells please

Not Sal

The other one

• Options
    RUDE

• Options
    @abracadaniel hey buddy I got some news for you.

You smell.

• Options
    Sure, he smells....of BETRAYAL!!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Sure, he smells....of BETRAYAL!!

Eu de Rotten Ginger

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I'd be up for this weekend things!
    Try and get @Cello to take a train down or something

Sorry for the delayed reply; this week was a bit too short notice for me to save up for the trip. :(

I'll revive the NorthPax thread soon though, and maybe we can do another thing in Toronto or Montreal!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

I'm on the south shore!

I am near a bus that'll drop me to the metro or so my friend says.

If you all are heading for that, let me know.
    I was going to go to a board game meetup tomorrow afternoon-evening, but otherwise I'd love to come :)

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Oh hey did the forum photo thing ever get put up anywhere

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Hey! Here's the (Unofficial) Group Photo, taken on Friday after beavo and Wam's panel on UI / UX Design. I miss you all! :)

ei2rfcmls4am.jpg

Thanks again to Rmed and his sister for the photo.

6.jpg 903.6K