As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2015 Steins - EXTRAS ON SALE

• Zeroedge78Zeroedge78 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Will you be around for a bit at 1 and are you posting when you get there?

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    20 more minutes for the meetup. If you need a few more minutes, let me know shortly.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Zeroedge78Zeroedge78 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to say thanks again for putting this together Le_Goat much appreciated sir, love the stein and everyone was commenting on it and asking where we got them :) Enjoy PAX sir and maybe see you next year if you do it again :)

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Dammit. I missed it today due to a panel... Will you be there tomorrow? #hopeful

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Picked mine up on Th night. Nice and heavier than I thought it would be. Thanks, Le Goat.
    Now to make sure it makes the trip back to Cali safely.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    Last day for Stein pickups. 1:00 pm in the Westin mezzanine, next to the bridge.

Steins will be available for pickup until 1:45.

I'm also working on a post 6pm meet up.

Temig & Thunderous_T can buy their steins.

The 1pm meetup has expired. Come back at 6:15 for thw last stein distribution

There are 9-10 people who preordered their steins who have not picked them up. I totally understand that my logistics have been less than desirable, which is on me. I really want to make sure everyone gets their steins.

En route to final pickup for the steins.

Steins are in the Westin mezzanine. Come and get 'em

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Were there any left overs? Looking to buy

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    edited March 2015
    Leftovers are here.

I put an email (late albeit) to some wait lists, but no response.

Le_Goat on
  • CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Leftovers are here.

Sent you a PM about picking up 2 or 3 leftovers.

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    Love the stein! It's large and heavy. Thanks for doing this!

• Vtl1217Vtl1217 Registered User new member
    The steins are great! Thanks to Le_Goat for putting this together.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." - Matt Groening
  • GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the stein. Got it home safe and sound.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Thank you, Le_Goat. The steins turned out great.

edited March 2015
    Things I learned this year:
    1. 1:00 pm meetup times BLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I heard from many that it got in their way. Trust me, I totally get it, lol. It ate up 1.5 hours of my floor time. Friday worked out because it was at 6:30. Next year, I think 6:30 will be the pickup times because everyone is mostly done and it's a transition period between the show and dinner/parties.
    2. LOGISTICS IS MY DOWNFALL! God I screwed this part up, and I'm sorry about that. I definitely need to come up with a pre-set time period to meet up and do a better job of keeping all of you informed. I would like to chalk this up as a noob mistake. Now that I've done this once, things should be easier in the future. If you were inconvenienced by this, I'm terribly sorry.
    3. While I knew I was terrible at names, I had no idea how amazingly good I am with forum handles. I would look at someone and be "Oh that's whatever-your-handle-is! ....I completely forgot his/her real name."

I know there is more to add to this list, but I caught this year's PAX Pox and my brain ain't working... at all. I'm sure being so terribly hungover on Sunday until 3:00 did not help, nor did staying out until 2:00 am last night (Thanks @ishtra again for teaching me Lords of Waterdeep!).

Thanks to every single one of you for being so cool and patient with me. I had so much fun meeting all of you and I cannot wait until the next PAX.

A MAJOR shout-out to @Streetlight345 for providing me with a closet to store the steins. You were such a massive help. Also thank your friend for helping carry them as well. I forgot his name; if he had a forum handle, I'd know it though!

I have some people on a list that did not pick up their steins. Please get a hold of me so that I can get it to you.

I also (this goes with #2) have leftovers. I was super nervous about getting steins to those who prepaid that I waited until Sunday before feeling comfortable about selling the extras. Because of this, I did a shitty job trying to get a hold of those on the wait list. If you would still like a stein, please get a hold of me and we'll work out the details. I did sell a few on Sunday night, though.

Le_Goat on
    @Le_Goat Thanks again for coordinating all this. The steins made it safely back home to NY :D
    Enjoyed playing Lords with you and Christian. Definitely a good time!! Hope you weren't too dead this morning :biggrin:

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    @Le_Goat - Thanks for all your hard work on this! Got my stein Thurs night and then played through that round of Star Wars X-Wing with you guys (thanks for teaching me!). I had a ton of fun and it was one of the few major highlights of the weekend for me.

0j92muX.png
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What others have said, thanks a ton for taking the lead on the project @Le_Goat .

BTW, I ran my stein through the dishwasher (top rack) and it looks perfect.

I'm so glad everyone is pleased with their steins, but I have some not-so-good news. I'm hoping I'm not Patient Zero this year.

I have caught two versions of PAX Pox this year: strep and a viral infection, which when combined together is royally kicking my ass. I'm posting this in here because almost all of you had contact with me and I wanted to give you a heads up. If your throat starts hurting, go get checked sooner rather than later.

This is the third time I've contracted PAX Pox. I may go as Bubble Boy next year just to avoid this issue, lol *cough*wheeze*passout*

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat, thanks so much for all you did. The steins are awesome.
    I'll have to take a lesson from you, any planned meetups for community stuff have to be scheduled in advance, can't just try to wing it once at pax.

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    @Le_Goat Appreciate all you did with this. Stein is absolutely fucking awesome and I (somehow) got it home perfectly. Was great meeting you and hope you feel better. I haven't really shown any signs of PAX Pox yet, but I was also taking things like ZiCam and Coldeeze all weekend to try and prevent myself from getting it...hopefully it works. Anyways thanks again so much for your work on this. The steins are great and you should be proud for accomplishing this. Hope you feel better bud!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    Wish i had a chance to snag one v_v

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yeah thanks again for the work on the steins @Le_Goat ...

I started getting sick Thurs night right before PAX .. Friday night my throat was sore from all the yelling and laughing at the concerts. Woke up on Sat could not talk. Felt better by 10 and again felt like crap at night when I got home (more concerts). Sunday I could talk but it hurt to swallow anything solid. By 2:30 I was in the Handheld lounge sleeping on a Yogibo bean bag ... man where they comfy. Left PAX at 6.

Today I feel much better. Thankfully it was not enough to keep me from enjoying myself.

Now to play next years Cosplay.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Hope your infection clears swiftly. We took a poll this morning of our group and so far only 1 in 11 are sick (and he says it is just a cough/cold). Always curious to see when the POX starts coming around :P Either way, worth the risk, the steins turned out great.

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Made use of my stein for the first time last night (after a thorough washing), and it performed exceptionally! Held my drink of choice (just a root beer float because tired) and looked good doing it!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • RappakRappak Registered User regular
    If you still have extras, let me know. I can do a local pick up somewhere.

edited March 2015
    So now that I'm finally in the recovery stage, I'm working on getting the steins to those who missed them. If you would like to look around for shipping options, feel free. The weight of each stien is 2 lbs 5 oz (or 2.4 lbs)*. The origin zip code is 02110.

From some extras that were sold on Sunday night, I gathered in $56. I'll work out a more detailed breakdown of costs, but it cost me $12 on Saturday and $8 on Sunday to store cases in the hotel luggage store, plus the $10.56 I was short on to begin with.

Extras: I'm trying to get a hold of people who bought steins but did not pick up. Once I work out the details and come up with an exact number of how many are left, I'll toss it out in here.

*Why the fuck don't we just use the metric system?! Seriously, there are 3 countries in the entire world who don't use it: United States of America, Myanmar, and Liberia. It just makes sense all around. How many feet are in a mile? 5,280... who (besides people like me who only remember it for rants like this) would ever know that? How many meters are in a kilometer? 1,000. Powers of 10, people! How many ounces are in a pound? 16. Not terrible hard, until you ask how many pounds is 142 ounces because you know... hexadecimal is so easy to randomly figure out in your head. How many grams are in a kilogram? One-fucking-thousand. And then there was that whole screwup where NASA lost an entire spacecraft due to a program calculating in American units versus the expected metric units. Seriously... when the hell are we going to figure out that the rest of the world is right and we need to convert? *steps down from soapbox*

Le_Goat on
  • z silver1984z silver1984 Geek Dad Newport MaineRegistered User regular
    Sorry so late in posting this but I just wanted to say Thank You @Le_Goat The steins are awesome and I really hope you plan on doing this again next year! Awesome to meet you!

• ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    I'm in for one if possible :3

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    local here looking if you have xtra

Some time has passed (quite a lot actually). A couple of extras have been sold and another was shipped to its rightful owner. There were still others who ordered that did not pick up; all of them were non-PAX-forum people. If you know any of them who did not pick up their stein, could you inform them of this, please? I feel bad that some people paid but did not receive. I am willing to ship (obviously they'd have to pay for shipping). I'll be going through GoFundMe donations again to try and track them down.

If this will not work out for them, I'd still like to get in touch with them so we can work out what they want to do with their $12 (refund somehow, just donate it, etc.). If I don't hear from any of them, I'm going to assume they just want the money donated to Child's Play.

FINANCES: The extra money from PAX was $53 up to this point. Storage of boxes in the lobby and cab fare took up a good chunk, but once the extras are sold, we'll be right where I thought we would; the remaining money will be donated to Child's Play, as stated at the beginning.

NEXT YEAR: I'm still hoping to do this again next year, only with much better organization through all parts and a lot more time to prepare. I'm thinking around October to start putting some ideas together. It is my hopes that once PAX hits, this will be a painless and easy process (unlike this year, where it was a mess once PAX started).

And another one sold.

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So, this stein is huge....just saying.....
    bn4gf2ltjg74.jpg

NOTE: that is a 22oz bottle and it all fits in the stein :)

elo on
    0j92muX.png
  • LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    DUDE!!!!!!! I'll buy one right now if I still can! i wanted one last year

• Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    I'd like to get one too. I had one that I won in 2012 for winning the Cookie Brigade Bingo, and just today, somehow, the whole bottom of the stein broke off. Weirdly, all in one piece, was cleaning it today, and thunk, whole bottom fell out. Are there any steins left for sale?

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • z silver1984z silver1984 Geek Dad Newport MaineRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat I can't wait for this again this year! You did an awesome job last year and I really hope your doing it again this year! Side note... The white dot in the upper right corner finally wore off my stein yesterday!