As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pin Presentation/Display solutions and pictures

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    This should definitely fit in the bag, though it will take up a good amount of space. I love that binder though, very excited to get one.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    SOLD

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Yeah that's what I had as well.

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

Yeah that's what I had as well.

I'm not sure who has that one. I think it's a dormant one that @Manic2k set up.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    ALL THIS TIME, WASTED!

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I had to wait for the glasses from @Duckie to arrive so I could make this:
    Seeing that gives me hope that the South magnet may not be a horrible burnt orange color.

f5qoaLr.gif

Worth it.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    1) Credit where it is due for dedication on that one.
    2) Burnt orange makes puke look good. Maroon is a vastly superior choice.

(Unfortunately that's a discussion limited to Texans, but my point stands :P )

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    1) Credit where it is due for dedication on that one.
    2) Burnt orange makes puke look good. Maroon is a vastly superior choice.

(Unfortunately that's a discussion limited to Texans, but my point stands :P )

I see what you did there. Sadly, shades of red were pretty much taken, so they had to go with the inferior color.

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Pedro has his own pinny pal twitter? And is it's main image another bug from pinnywise?

Also anyone know if that bag will fit in our bags?

Brian showed this to a few of us at the Pin trading event on Saturday at East. $30-40 range and coming soon

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    RaynerRayner Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That bag looks awesome.
    What would you all use it for most?
    Permanent storage, or easy transport for trade pins?

I would most likely use it for trade pins... they are currently in a basket.

• Options
    Trade pins, i dont think it would fit a full collection. On that note how many do you think will fit? I say around 30 to 40 pins

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Trade pins, i dont think it would fit a full collection. On that note how many do you think will fit? I say around 30 to 40 pins

Looking at Pedro's pictures I'm not sure if I was looking at two different bags or just one. If it is just one then I think I see two different pages of pins and maybe 30 (comfortable) -40 (tight) per page (as Ayefkay said). So 60-80 all up?? And room for a folder or plastic storage etc. in the guts.

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    If 30 go on each side, i would hope theres a plastic sheet or divider in the middle to separate the faces

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Actually, looking at the 4th pic closer, it looks like the sheet the pins are on unfolds outwards, if thats the case you could put the pins on the inside, no scratching or rubbing and zipped up that would be great for travelling

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The bag is actually very well made and each part thought out. The main pages are actually pockets. You can attach Pins to both sides of a page, and the neoprene will hold them well. It's durable but stretchy.

The Pin pages are protected from each other by thinner "cover" pages, so the faces of the Pins don't touch.

All the fasteners for the straps are metal, not plastic. That's the most costly part of this, but Brian said that it had to be that way because plastic ones simply weren't up to the job.

In the back of the bag are pockets to hold the backing cards, Pin backs, etc. They aren't wide enough for the Team Bags we have been using to seal the Pins, but could accommodate some of them if they were folded in half.

Ideally this will come in a few different colours, because I need about 4 of them to hold my current trade pile. But carrying these around in the messenger bag would be so much easier than the current system of rummaging. To be able to know that a specific Pin is in the red bag on the third page, that is the dream.

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    This is the current idea I've been toying with as one of my final display solutions (I would use a separate smaller frame for LE pins like Hanna and Carl):
    6AziwFK.png
    Still debating over white or black mat, secondary color for inner mat, etc. but I figured I should at least post it since it probably won't even be started until after Prime this year (I'm EXTREMELY slow on picking up AUS pins).

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Actually, looking at the 4th pic closer, it looks like the sheet the pins are on unfolds outwards, if thats the case you could put the pins on the inside, no scratching or rubbing and zipped up that would be great for travelling

It's a velcro enclosure so you can easily attach pins to the front. There's no access from any other angle.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @PedroAsani I think I was the right next to you while you took that picture. I seem to remember Brian saying your name. LOL

theoriginalz on
  • Options
    "EL DIABLO!"

• Options
    My south and east displays are layed out, just waiting for materials. Hopefully they will be my best yet!

• Options
    The current state of my display pins:

KabBvILl.jpg

The DLC really ties it altogether.

• Options
    The current state of my display pins:

\Strokes chin "Such bravery!"

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    The most impressive thing is that frame is actually hanging on a wall. Those pins that arent pinned down are suspended in mid air.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    LuthienLuthien Halifax, NSRegistered User regular
    That just makes my OCD twinge....

On another note I'm in the process of building a Magic only pin/card display, it's hotly contested whether the cards or the pins are going to 'cost' more to get a hold of....

• Options
    pakopakopakopako Registered User regular
    Cards. :/

• Options
    My latest two pin set frames. In the process of getting the polygons oriented correctly, and the smudges polished off the pins. Other than that, I think they turned out pretty well.

• Options
    giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    went to Michael today and saw it was 50% off until april 18th

• Options
    edited April 2015
    So I was going to buy a pin album a few weeks ago from safepub.com when I thought I'd see what other options they had. I didn't need an album per se, just somewhere I can put the pins I don't want to display that will protect them.

I came across this aluminium case, so I thought I'd give that a go.

uXJPm7C.jpg

Amiibro for scale.

aTtOsJf.jpg

IEwJE2M.jpg

It comes with 5 velvet inserts with plastic sleeve covers. They advertise it as an alternative to a trading bag, but I can't imagine trying to slide the inserts into and out of the covers during the frenzy of a con or something (they're either catching on the pins on the front or the stoppers on the back). But as a storage solution it works great.

Iw6sVwX.jpg

Pins on the inserts.

b6IDGHy.jpg

And in the sleeve.

The eBrochure states that it can hold around 150 pins and that seems about right.

The sleeves sit comfy on the empty inserts so I was kinda worried that I wouldn't be able to get them back on once the pins were in place but other than being a bit fiddly they fit fine. Although it does tend to curve the insert slightly.

I've only filled 2 pages and they already sit flush with the middle of the case, but there's a foam insert in the top that can be removed. It would have been nice if it was 2 foam pieces half the thickness so I had the option of removing half of it if things get a bit squishy when it starts filling up, but I can't tell if that will actually be a problem yet.

It also comes with a key to lock it, but the locking mechanism seems pretty cheapo and I wouldn't bother with it.

It's nice and small relative to how many pins it can hold and I can see myself buying another one when this one is filled.

Overall I rate it 0c7mPKE.png0c7mPKE.png0c7mPKE.png0c7mPKE.pngyjsAsR1.png out of 5.

EDIT: Note to future self; the total cost of getting this sent directly to me in Australia was $88.95 USD or $117.79 AUD. Try ShopMate on next order.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    Oh also if you're after another option for amiibro display you might want something from their page here.

• Options
    i looked at those, also thinking about getting one or two staircase type displays like this

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Do you like dusting?

Because that's how you end up dusting.

• Options
    Jokes on you, thats mums job! hahahaha........

Please dont tell her i said that O.o

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    So I finally sent my 2013 display poster off for printing, and it just arrived today. I made some changes to the previous version, namely narrowing the text box so that it doesn't take up more space than necessary. I also decided to print directly on gatorboard instead of on fabric, so I can just stick the pins in directly instead of dealing with mounting it to a mat board.

I will post an update once all the pins are on and the board is framed!
    lvGkoST.jpg?1

• Options
    aleph0 wrote: »
    So I finally sent my 2013 display poster off for printing, and it just arrived today. I made some changes to the previous version, namely narrowing the text box so that it doesn't take up more space than necessary. I also decided to print directly on gatorboard instead of on fabric, so I can just stick the pins in directly instead of dealing with mounting it to a mat board.

I will post an update once all the pins are on and the board is framed!
    lvGkoST.jpg?1

I approve

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Everything's switching over to binders when they arrive. I'm going by year, I think. 2012/2013 is Year 1, 2014 is Year 2, 2015 is Year 3.

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    Do you like dusting?

Because that's how you end up dusting.

When you're young you think you'll live forever and you're too good to shed skin flakes like the rest of us.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Can someone point me towards a good sized shadowbox at michaels.com please?

They've got a sale on right now and I'm just wondering if I want to grab one.

Also this one, @Ayefkay.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    DahamburglerDahamburgler Registered User regular
    I use these http://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-4-way-adjustable-shadowbox-black-16-in-x-20-in/10242170.html#start=15 then we put a piece of corkboard wrapped with fabric and cut it to fit the back. A bit of work, but I think it looks really nice (Only downside is there are getting to be too many pins for one frame per year!)