As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East - How was it?

2»

• Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So nobody is complaining about Magic this time round. It sounds like the way they allocated pins was the same as South. What was different? The Staff? The Number of Pins?

Capt Wasabi on
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    So nobody is complaining about Magic this time round. It sounds like the way they allocated pins was the same as South. Whats was different? The Staff? The Number of Pins?

Staff were much better.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    So nobody is complaining about Magic this time round. It sounds like the way they allocated pins was the same as South. Whats was different? The Staff? The Number of Pins?

Rather than be a dick or snatch my badge, they politely asked me to write down my name and DCI number on a piece of paper. Which I did happily. Handled much better, and I had no qualms with the one per person limit.

• Options
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    Here's a question for the group. What kind of trades did you make at PAX East this time around?

I kept offering people half eaten produce for their pins. I had no success.

• Options
    scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    I traded a bunch of pins, but it was all kind of a blur because at the very end I traded my Leeroy for an Aus2013 Kemper and I am just so excited about it I can't even handle it.

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I traded a Valentine's Day for Gavin staff head and Carl for Khoo staff head, which are probably bad value trades for me but I had extras and I don't have many of the staff pins. Both parties ended up happy.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I was very unhappy about how Wizards did the MTG pin this year. Pay $20 for a chance to get one? No thanks.

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I was very unhappy about how Wizards did the MTG pin this year. Pay $20 for a chance to get one? No thanks.

You were guaranteed a pin for $20. Entry into 60 Minute Magic gets you 30 prize tickets, which is the cost for redeeming Sarkhan Unbroken from the prize wall.

aleph0 on
  • Options
    scrattatat wrote: »
    I traded a bunch of pins, but it was all kind of a blur because at the very end I traded my Leeroy for an Aus2013 Kemper and I am just so excited about it I can't even handle it.

Awesome trade! Ps. Good work out at the overwatch line madam enforcer!

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    aleph0 wrote: »
    Imsorad wrote: »

You were guaranteed a pin for $20. Entry into 60 Minute Magic gets you 30 prize tickets, which is the cost for redeeming Sarkhan Unbroken from the prize wall.

That was poorly explained by someone at their booth then. When I asked about the ticket system and how many games I'd have to play and win to get enough for the pin the guy said he had no idea.

• Options
    DefaultGenDefaultGen Registered User regular
    edited April 2023

DefaultGen on
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Last time I was trading a lot in the Trading Event line, but couldn't because of my Other Project. Previously there were trades being made in the trading event itself, but this time whenever anyone walked over to the tables the Enforcers were straight on them asking if they were done. Kind of killed the atmosphere because we would have to jump back into the Staff section. I know they were trying to keep the numbers in the event down, but they could have been higher with a better layout and the understanding that the trade tables at the back would be somewhat occupied with a more relaxed atmosphere.

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Here's a question for the group. What kind of trades did you make at PAX East this time around?

You joke, but I'd make that trade.

• Options
    Qumaden wrote: »

You joke, but I'd make that trade.

I know, I assumed you of all people would understand a callback.

• Options
    maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    crowtales wrote: »
    I thought I'd gotten everything I needed - until I got home. I noticed that the PaxEast2015 set I have is missing it's Tourist Gabe! Instead I have two Tourist Tycho's.

I totally didn't notice cause I bought like 5 of them. The other two sets I have are complete, but those will go to my PinPals and I'll just try to pick up the missing pin elsewhere.

That was my only mishap this year. I didn't get the Gold Overwatch pin, but that thing was difficult to get.

If you let customer service know, I am sure they will help you out. I got a set with two Kempers ... didn't notice it until I was trading with Brian. Since I was trading them, it didn't matter to me.

• Options
    maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    I was lucky, and managed to get all the pins for Picmin and myself. For my friends in Aus, I got all the purchase pins, but didn't get the "free" pins; I got them every pin at south, so I am hoping they will be happy with what I managed to get at East.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh my god as my first international con at all, East was such a clusterfuck. It was enormous, and terrifying, and I spent so much time in lines. But I got all the pins I wanted and a few for other Pals, and I met Markiplier (!!!) and the Rooster Teeth guys, and went to the panels I wanted to see as well. I got everything I wanted out of the weekend, and now I am tired and I have to sleep for a week. I'm just glad I'm back home so I can sleep in my own bed instead of a hotel room.

My favourite trade was the one I made with some kid, just a Catbug for his (regular) Overwatch because he really wanted Catbug. I just wanted people to be happy. I also got a Colonial Kemper for... something not worth that from @sudopoop because he is a kind gentleman. The rest were just fodder trades, I think. I'll have to check my lanyard, it's still in my luggage somewhere.