As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2015 BYOC Information (see you next year!)

1235»

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Thanks for an awesome first day guys! Can't wait for the next two.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Awesome BYOC this year! It was great hanging out with everyone and a huge thanks to the Enforcers and LANFest people for putting on such a great event. Hope to see you all at future PAXes.

row1.pngrow2.png
    Agreed, awesome BYOC this year! Thank to all of those involved, and a special thanks to Buckley.. awesome job running the show this year.

See y'all in 2016!

8elUgf9.png

• DeathNTaxesDeathNTaxes Registered User regular
    Seconding the above, I had a great time and thanks to everyone who put it together and made it happen. First BYOC, definitely plan on doing it again.

• akiboshiakiboshi Registered User regular
    and to whoever rage quit by pulling the plug on that 30 person TF2 game, I hope you're happy because I reacted by screaming, "F***!!!!!" at the top of my lungs, only to see the 10 year old sitting a few feet away from me...

Well done sir.

Always fun guys. Thanks for the good times.

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Livery driver dropped my computer on the sidewalk while dropping us off at the hotel on Sunday, side panel popped off and took the screws with it, stripping the threads in the process. Ordered a new case from Newegg in the hotel, and it was waiting for me by my apartment door when I got home. Got the computer home yesterday and plugged it in, PSU fan got knocked out of alignment and is now making an awful racket. Otherwise, everything works.

JfqWFk8.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Kilonum wrote: »
    Livery driver dropped my computer on the sidewalk while dropping us off at the hotel on Sunday, side panel popped off and took the screws with it, stripping the threads in the process. Ordered a new case from Newegg in the hotel, and it was waiting for me by my apartment door when I got home. Got the computer home yesterday and plugged it in, PSU fan got knocked out of alignment and is now making an awful racket. Otherwise, everything works.

That sucks! Sorry to hear, but I'm glad it's not totally busted.

• A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    Post pics of the new build!

Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    A.Sabot wrote: »
    Post pics of the new build!
    My friend was the one who won the 1500W PSU in the raffle, so he gave me that today, and he just upgraded anyeway so he dropped off his old motherboard and processor and watercooler for me today, just finished getting everything installed.

PIC
    goyiXt5.jpg

only one I took during build, need to do some cleaning before I do an image in situ

JfqWFk8.png
    Well it seems to have worked out for the best!

Hey, just an idea, don't know if anyone will actually see this.

Would there be any interest in PAX East BYOC keycaps? This is in reference to some of the Quakecon keycaps that come out.

I wouldn't mind organizing getting a design/purchasing the keycaps if theres interest.

8elUgf9.png

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular

Would there be any interest in PAX East BYOC keycaps? This is in reference to some of the Quakecon keycaps that come out.

I wouldn't mind organizing getting a design/purchasing the keycaps if theres interest.

Consider it seen! If there is interest from a community point of view of doing something like this, I would be more than willing to assist in any operational maneuvers that might need to be taken to make something like this a reality. Think of it as a PC area Forum Badge thing.

@Trandescent if you'd like to organize something, and there's interest, feel free to do so, and just keep me in the loop. :+1:

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
    I would love Pax Keycaps

edited September 2015
    Vapok wrote: »

Consider it seen! If there is interest from a community point of view of doing something like this, I would be more than willing to assist in any operational maneuvers that might need to be taken to make something like this a reality. Think of it as a PC area Forum Badge thing.

@Trandescent if you'd like to organize something, and there's interest, feel free to do so, and just keep me in the loop. :+1:

Thanks Vapok! I'll definitely keep you updated. I'll probably look at organizing something like this around ticket sales time.

Of course, if you guys wanted to do this officially I'd have no problem with that either ;)

Trandescent on
    8elUgf9.png

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »

Thanks Vapok! I'll definitely keep you updated. I'll probably look at organizing something like this around ticket sales time.

Of course, if you guys wanted to do this officially I'd have no problem with that either ;)

Silly @Trandescent, I can't do anything officially. Haha.. =)

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Willie V.Willie V. Gama Boston, MassRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to BYOC area again this year and I will get full weekend pass, Thanks Vapok for all the help last year, the BYOC Crew was great!

Looking to do the same this year with Triple monitors again and a new system build to show off. Will be playing a lot of ARMA 3 & will be pushing for some Squad give aways from Developers. I have been in on the Pre-Alpha for about 8 weeks and love it! I will have some give aways from them as well and l will update as we get closer.

Anyone interested go check out ARMA 3 & Squad links below.
    Arma 3: http://arma3.com/
    Squad: http://joinsquad.com/

edited November 2015
    Slightly off topic, thanks to seeing all the wonderful rigs at BYOC i've been working to improve my own rig for others to gawk at :)

Here's a sneak peak.. i'm not close to done just yet, though.

(taken with my Nexus 6P, btw)

U0CRZ6F.jpg

Trandescent on
    8elUgf9.png

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    The microphone is a nice touch.