As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is the Homewood on Pike closing?

GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
I've been F5ing the Homewood site every so often in hopes of securing a room early, but I've noticed for some time now that they only seem to have rooms available through the end of May. I understand that hotels only have a certain number of months ahead of time available for booking, and that PAX weekend will likely be blocked off, but other hotels in the area have availability for that timeframe..

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's possible, but my experience with that homewood is that it's always like that for summer bookings.

• Options
    ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey whoa, the email never mentioned anything about early hotel bookings. Now I'm paranoid

I do it all for the pew pew
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Zionad wrote: »
    Hey whoa, the email never mentioned anything about early hotel bookings. Now I'm paranoid

Hotel bookings don't go live until PAX badges go live... so you can slow your roll :P

• Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

No idea what email you're talking about, but I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row now that East is over. If I can get my hotel room booked early, then I will. :)

GeeCee on
  • Options
    ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    GeeCee wrote: »

No idea what email you're talking about, but I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row now that East is over. If I can get my hotel room booked early, then I will. :)
    Sorry, confused myself.
    The only problem with booking early is it costs more. But (back when homewood suites allowed it) I was willing to pay the extra if it meant I got to stay in those epic rooms. I don't understand why no one even comes close to the size and features for the price.

I do it all for the pew pew
  • Options
    CerebusCerebus Registered User regular
    Booking early doesn't always cost more. I already booked an apartment on Airbnb that is next to the convention center for dirt cheap.

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    and I've had my room booked since before last PAX..I just had to adjust the dates :)

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular

Don't worry, hotels are not as big a issue as they are at East. All the hotels are super close (within a few blocks walking), it's normally great weather and we have never had an issue getting a room when the booking link went live. First priority badges, second priority rooms.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Seconded on that's just how the Homewood on pike is.

Every other hilton owned property in the area is taking reservations for the prime time frame... except for the one on pike. :P

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
This discussion has been closed.