As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    the one thing your toy room is missing:

Oh, don't think i don't know. As i was uploading that picture, i says to myself, "Man, those HISS Tanks are dusty as fuck. I wonder if i can pass that off as battle dust?". And in my defense, i'm only recently unpacking most of this shit. I just now took the tanks out of a box when my ownership was challenged. :) Most of my stuff is actually pretty damn clean right now.

But hey, dusty HISS tanks are better than no HISS tanks at all, am i right?

Scumdogg on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't even know what a HISS tank is

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007

Somewhere, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world is weeping. :|

Scumdogg on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited September 2007

Linked for size:

http://smalljoes.com/images_gijoe/hiss-p_l.jpg

Grifter on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    oh, that's why

because it's boring

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Grifter wrote: »

Linked for size:

Not to nitpick or anything, but it's actually this:

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/hiss/hiss_box.shtml

22 years older and a whole lot cooler. 8-) But yeah, probably still boring if you're just not impressed by GI Joe in the first place.

Scumdogg on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »

Linked for size:

22 years older and a whole lot cooler. 8-) But yeah, probably still boring if you're just not impressed by GI Joe in the first place.

Your collection is fucking awesome. Holy shit. Not all stuff I'd want, but those Transformers are making me drool.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »

Linked for size:

You're a man of great and admirable integrity. Congrats on such a fucking awesome collection.

Also, was that a Valor vs Venom HISS in that link? Gyehuhuh

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    I bought some HaloClix too, Acc.

I pulled a Cortana in the first pack, which was cool, because she's basically the only Halo character I really recognize outside of Master Chief.

That is awesome. She is an amazing fig and really rare.
    I went to the local game shop to pick up my brick, along with two acquaintances who got bricks. There were some random other people there buying HaloClixs, I was a bit surprised. We played a bunch of games and it is really fun. It is faster and easier to understand than HeroClixs. Everyone who played it last night was really impressed, I know a couple of us thought it would be a half assed version of HeroClixs but I actually enjoy it more from a pure gameplay perspective. The upgrade feature is great.

Oh and the sculpts, damn, I'm impressed by how detailed they are.

I'm really digging the HaloClixs as well. I didn't straight out buy a brick but I bought 7 five piece packs and am quite happy with my pulls.

My super rares so far are Cortana, Sesa 'Refumee, and an Arbiter w/ covenant carbine. I watched some friends play last friday night at the local shop and this week I bought some clix and played last night. I built my starting team around Cortana and at the end of my first turn I was upgrading my 150pt elite zealot w/ energy sword to my Sesa 'Refumee, he's sexy.

I'll be taking a slightly different approach next time I play and instead of hiding Cortana somewhere I'm just going to use her as a shield for my 50 point pieces (after they pop their grenades) until I can upgrade them.
    We were playing 2v2v2 on a big map, teams share spawn points (3 to a team) and first to 10 kills wins.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I haven't gotten to play very many games yet but, god damn, the Snipers seem way too powerful. If their attack is going to be that good they should at least get smacked with a lower defense. Every figure seems to have really high defense, though. Seems like I have to roll at least a 6 to hit anyone. The way the gametypes are setup there doesn't seem to be a good reason to use Grunts/Marines, which makes me sad. Maybe a "Halo Wars" rule set will come out that will make them more viable.
    Other than those two complaints, and them using the old clix dials, I love Halo Actionclix. It sounds like Wizkids is going to do more video games in the line, which could be awesome.

Accualt on
    edited October 2007
    This week's ClixHaul™: The Joker, Dr. Alchemy, Vigilante, (another) Creeper, and The Flash

but a super-rare Flash!

hdjl057xd0.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh sweet the JLA 1000000 Flash

Sars_Boy on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Not comic stuff, but I picked up a fully painted model of the Spaceship Yamato with movable turrets. It's about 8 inches long. I've also got a die cast model of the Arcadia (Captain Harlock's ship, designed by the same guy that did the Yamato) on the way. I'll post pics when I can show them side by side.

The Yamato is sorta mediocre quality, but I got for $25 off eBay, so I wasn't expecting supreme artistic achievement. I hope I can track down a die-cast Yamato by the same company that did the Arcadia, but I don't even know if they made one.

And while I'm in the realm of anime stuff: anyone know if Bandai ever went to production with Beta Fighter they showed a prototype of a couple years ago? I'd give my left nut for an Alpha-Beta combination, especially one that could link the Alpha in Battloid to the Beta in Fighter.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    This week's ClixHaul™: Bronze Tiger, Major Disaster, Chronos, and in a creepy coincidence, Connor Hawke and Black Canary

Chronos apparently needs a giant base (like the Plastic Man one) even though he's normal size.

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    This week's ClixHaulâ„¢: Bronze Tiger, Major Disaster, Chronos, and in a creepy coincidence, Connor Hawke and Black Canary

Chronos apparently needs a giant base (like the Plastic Man one) even though he's normal size.

I bought another pack today (because I was near another shop) and the only non-double I got was Granny Goodness

Guess I should only buy them on comic day.

Garlic Bread on
  • Ambush BugAmbush Bug Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I usually lurk but I thought I'd post some pictures.
    batmobile.jpg
    dcdirect.jpg
    dcdirect2.jpg
    dcsuperheroes.jpg
    fantasticfour.jpg
    legendarysuperheroes.jpg
    marvelicons.jpg
    marvellegends.jpg
    marvellegends2.jpg
    marvellegends3.jpg
    marvellegends4.jpg
    marvelzombies.jpg
    randomstuff.jpg
    redson.jpg
    spiderman.jpg
    thanos.jpg
    youngavengers.jpg

Ambush Bug on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wow, nice collection.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Giant sized Atom is the funniest thing I've seen in days. Is that sad?

Dex Dynamo on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had no idea there was an X-Man figure out that looked that good! My Visa offically hates you now!

Caveman Paws on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I really want to get that new DC Superheroes Clayface.

review_dcshclayface_7.jpg

it's got rubbery arms or something.

Lux on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lux wrote: »
    I really want to get that new DC Superheroes Clayface.

review_dcshclayface_7.jpg

it's got rubbery arms or something.

Yeah, it's pretty much perfect.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited October 2007
    I'm not even a big Clayface fan! The figure just looks so awesome.

Lux on
    edited October 2007
    Man, that Clayface is awesome. It's too bad i'll probably never find him. :(

Is it just me, or have collectors of this line in other areas been pretty much boned since they shipped out that massive amount of Superman and Bizarro figures on the new card? There's no way in hell stores are gonna move that much Bizarro, and it's all i've seen for months and months. I just now found Steel over the weekend at a Big Lots of all places, and my parents got me Mongul for my birthday back in august, but it's been a LONG time since i've seen anything new in this line at a TRU, Target, or Wal-Mart... It feels like the 2002 He-Man relaunch all over again. Good old consistent Mattel.

Scumdogg on
    edited October 2007
    I used to see a lot of Parasite, white t shirt / black emblem Supergirl, and Steel figures. Now, nothing but an occasional Kal-El Superman variant. Hell, I haven't seen a Bizarro or regular Superman in months. Just depends on the store and area.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    This week's ClixHaul™:

Deadman (awesome!)
    Gypsy (cool)
    Firestorm (neat)
    Icicle (already have)
    and a super-rare Lobo

hdjl051fa3.jpg

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    I saw a Robin/Batman two-pack at TRU once. Just once.

I see Scarecrow and various Supermen the most.

Lux on
    edited October 2007
    i wish i could find that robin figure

Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2007
    I got one pack of Justice League and got Batman, Batman and Robin, and Emperor Joker.

DJ Eebs on
    edited October 2007
    give me batman & robin

Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2007
    you can have heat wave

DJ Eebs on
    edited October 2007
    i'll give you icicle for heatwave

and dream girl for batman & robin

Garlic Bread on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have all three Marvel Zombies Figures now! :)

Sharp101 on
    edited October 2007
    Holee shit. I just found a Holocaust figure in a tiny bin filled with mostly broken Batman toys at a local vintage clothing/records store. It was $1. I did not even know they made a Holocaust figure. Upon investigation it seems he was renamed Dark Nemesis for the toyline to avoid genocidal connotations. I'm going to go bust out my Blink, then up my efforts at finding and buying a Sugar Man figure. It's a 5" Age of Apocalypse reunion up in this bitch.

Which brings me to my question. Anyone else on here still collect the old 5" Toy Biz stuff? You know, the super hero toys they used to make that stand up under their own power? :) I hadn't bought anything since the mid 90's at least, then a couple years ago at Christmas when we had just moved to the area, were dirt poor and jobless, my wife found and bought me a Fantastic Four Thanos at a local comic shop. Now i cannot stop collecting the old figures, and have been giving serious thought to selling off Marvel Legends figures to clear out shelf space.

Scumdogg on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    brianstoys_gijoe_giveaway_pic.jpg

I picked up the 25th anniversary Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander today and would have gotten Flint and the Cobra Officer if either were fucking in stock. Honestly, at $4.88 it's probably the best deal I've ever gotten while attempting to reclaim my childhood.

Only thing is the packaging is so fucking amazing thus I am left with two choices:

A. Open and enjoy, but miss out on the fucking spectacular packaging

B. Become one of those people and keep it unopened, yet somehow just as totally fucking awesome

I've never really had this problem with any figure until now...it's just so fucking well done that it begs questioning.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dear Pantaley Shlopapa,

I would rather allow insects to burrow inside my ears and construct a nest for their young, who would then go on to slowly eat me alive from the inside out upon birth, than make the choice that now faces you.

May whatever god you believe in have mercy on your soul.

-C. Paws

Caveman Paws on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    well, the ninjas can have a stare-down fight from their packaging, so leave them in, and take cobra commander out into the wilds to die a lonely death.

either that or get one more of each and have your cake and play with it too.

PantheraOnca on
    edited October 2007
    A. Open and enjoy, but miss out on the fucking spectacular packaging

Open your fucking toys.

That's an order.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    I bought Robin, Blue Beetle, and Booster Gold heroclix off of ebay for like $1.02 total

I ordered a few boxes of Icons from Amazon (someone's selling them for like $2) but I have to wait for them

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    I picked up the 25th anniversary Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander today and would have gotten Flint and the Cobra Officer if either were fucking in stock. Honestly, at $4.88 it's probably the best deal I've ever gotten while attempting to reclaim my childhood.

Damn, these have been tempting me lately. The packaging is pretty cool, and is definitely making it hard to look away when i go down the toy aisles. I haven't been sure if i should buy these or not though. Most of the characters they've re-released, i already own the first versions of. Plus i've got a box full of figures from like two other GI Joe relaunches that i never take out or look at anymore. So i'm just not sure if i should buy 'em. :(

That being said...normally i say open your toys, without question. These though...i might leave 'em carded. Unless you already have someplace awesome to display them once they're opened.

Scumdogg on
    edited October 2007
    Whilst looking at the new Showcase figures at DC's site, I found pictures of the Curt Swan Superman's alternate Red Kryptonite head accessories.

8787_c_full-1.jpg

8787_b_full-1.jpg

8787_d_full-1.jpg

I try to limit myself on Superman and Batman variants, but these just brought him into must buy territory now.

Bad Karma on
This discussion has been closed.