As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i'm buff, i'm the stuff, and the wrestling thread just can't get enough!

19495969798100»

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Thinking about it

Man Reigns' hernia fucked everything up for Roman huh

He and Seth would have had a pretty good, although likely not as good as the Ambrose feud, storyline and Roman would have gotten to be kind of an asshole good guy because Seth deserves it and he would have probably gotten fairly over

Then whoops Dean Ambrose comes in and is a goddamn lightning rod who the fans lose their minds over so when Roman takes back his upper card role (especially since he kind of displaced Bryan on the upper card too) he looks like a total chump

Yeah they essentially used Dean as a placeholder for Roman but that's not really how storytelling works. You cant just swap the original guy back in at the last second and act like he's been there the whole time. People are gonna get mad, and they did.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    And sure Vince wants higher Neilson numbers but right now they are still ranked at or near the top of cable television so as long as USA Network is happy they should be more concerned with their own Network subscribers.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    That's not even mentioning how out of date the Neilson system is in this day and age.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    LOCK THIS THREAD ALREADY SO I CAN HIT POST.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Yeah as much as I'm sure there is some connection, the truth is that neilson numbers in general are not a good indicator of viewership and television ratings in general have plummeted in recent years due to the presentation landscape shifting away from a traditional cable package.

If you look at any show over a period of years you will likely see a steady decline in viewership. Place is all that really matters and Raw is still finishing at or near the top every week.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    But Roman can recover so long as Vince is willing to turn him heel.

You need to let go of this idea. There's nothing to suggest that they're even considering this and they kinda can't. The spot they've decided to put him in, there's really only him, Cena and Bryan who can do it on the current roster and it's not gonna be Cena (because he's the guy they're trying to find an alternative to) and it's not Bryan (because they picked Roman instead).

It's gonna be Sami at some point, but not for a few years. If Roman gets over, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cena either retire or go part-time within the next three or four years. He'd be around 40 then and that's about the time that both Rock and Austin left.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret. Come a bit closer so I can whisper it.
    All Mania builds since the move to the monthly PPV mode have been lackluster to varying degrees. This isn't a new occurrence.

It's never been this bad, though. This is the worst I can remember.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret. Come a bit closer so I can whisper it.
    All Mania builds since the move to the monthly PPV mode have been lackluster to varying degrees. This isn't a new occurrence.

Recency bias.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    If there were more later Raws on the Network, it'd be interesting to have a Hate Watch that was basically picking a mid-2000's WrestleMania and watching the last three Raws before that.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
    edited March 2015
    Just an example in 1996 Friends was the highest rated sitcom with a record 56 million viewers of a single episode.

The Big Bang Theory, the most recent sitcom hit held a record of 19.3 million viewers as of two years ago.

stevemarks44 on
    Just an example in 1996 Friends was the highest rated sitcom with a record 56 million viewers of a single episode.

The Big Bang Theory, the most recent sitcom hit held a record of 19.3 million viewers as of two years ago.

It's amazing Raw still hits numbers as high as it does, quality of the product be damned.

wirehead26 wrote: »

It's amazing Raw still hits numbers as high as it does, quality of the product be damned.

Esp for cable.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular

Recency bias.

I have a Regency bias.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    facetious wrote: »

Recency bias.

I have a Regency bias.

william-regal-2.jpg

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Radius wrote: »
    it will have to wait until the thread after next because I've already built the greatest OP of all time around the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time The Honky Tonk Man.

I will lock any wrestling thread that's not this

I guarantee it (there's that word again)

@radius

This discussion has been closed.