As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax info email bouncing // babies at pax?

kairirosekairirose Registered User new member
edited March 2015 in PAX Australia
Hi guys, been trying to send an email through to the info email and it's bounced back twice. I've checked the correct address like 5 times. Any ideas?

Also
My partner and I were really pumped to be attending but we found out were pregnant after I bought the tix and I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel taking a 3 month old baby (July) - not really the best place for someone so little! Have any crazy people taken a kid that young? Because I dont think I want to!

I suppose I'll need to sell my tickets :'(

kairirose on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2015
    I shot a message to PAX about this and they will get it sorted (the email thing that is).

zerzhul on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Can you copy-paste the bounceback info?

Although we've seen plenty of parents bring their infants, that's ultimately the call of the parents. (Children 6 years and under do not need badges as long as they are accompanied by an adult)

Some guy.
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hey Robert, I had a similar issue trying to send something to Guy. Here is the error -
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

yug@paxaustralia.com.au

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    DNS Error: MX lookup of paxaustralia.com.au returned error DNS server returned general failure

• kairirosekairirose Registered User new member
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

info@paxaustralia.com.au

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    DNS Error: MX lookup of paxaustralia.com.au returned error DNS server returned general failure

That was the bounce message. I've decided 3 months is far too little so I will definitely get on selling my tickets. Anyone wanna buy them for cheaper? :( sad face.

• YugYug [ PAX Australia ] Content & Communications Manager AustraliaRegistered User regular
    We're looking into it, the strange part is that we were still getting emails to the @paxaustralia.com.au accounts, just not all of them it seems :sad:

I like drinking, I like gaming, so I created the Mana Bar
    paxaus_sig.gif
    Facebook.com/PAXAus
    Twitter.com/PAXAus

• AspyreAspyre Registered User new member
    edited March 2015
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/u0/2ivp0wbxaqc7.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/wc/iyqhapy0kjyy.jpg
    Looks like you decided against attending, but if you haven't already sold your tickets maybe you'll reconsider. Here's my review of taking a young baby to PAX.

So for what it's worth we took our 17 week old to PAX Aus last year. She was awesome. My suggestion is to have accommodation close enough for you to return to if you need for naps, rest etc during the day. There were times I headed back to the hotel when my partner went to a panel etc that I wasn't worried about missing. Another suggestion is baby wearing, I wore our daughter in a stretchy wrap, easy as can be! Enforcers and other Pax attendees were extremely polite and accommodating when we needed, they allowed me to sit on a chair near a line while we waited, and kept my place, I was able to stand in the back of a panel as she fussed if I sat down, and when she fussed in any panels I found a quiet spot in the room or just outside the door and returned when she was settled. (This happened about 3-4 times and we were there for almost the three whole days)

We had an awesome time, and I had a heap of fun dressing her in Cosplay.

((I apologize for the giant pictures I'm not sure how to resize, and I can't be bothered right now))

zerzhul on