As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I'm currently trying to get my monk through the Proving Grounds (Tank): Silver. Does gear factor into being able to do it, or is it normalized? Just trying to figure out if its me that is sucking or my gear.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I'm currently trying to get my monk through the Proving Grounds (Tank): Silver. Does gear factor into being able to do it, or is it normalized? Just trying to figure out if its me that is sucking or my gear.

It looks like the mobs scale up to your gear, according to this guide:
    Gear does not play much of a role in Proving Grounds success--the mobs scale up to your gear as long as you have normal dungeon gear or better.

Maybe there are tips in there that'll help you out. It took me about 10 tries to beat the silver DPS one. I tried to do gold the other day and wasn't able to get it.

• Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    I believe it does scale a bit, but I found gear helped a lot to get through the healing one.

FWIW I think the tank one is pretty tough. I did silver DPS on my death knight in blood spec at ~590 and found it quite a bit easier than doing the silver tanking challenge at ~610 in the same spec.

• Options
    Gear up highmaul explosion festival tentatively set for Mondays at 5PM server (Pacific hippie time). If this doesn't work (or does) for the people that need gear please give us the heads up because it doesn't make sense to run it on nights that we can't get you guys the gear.

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    I'm down for Monday. WW Monk, character name Peijian. Anything I need to do leading up to the event?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    The proving grounds were created for the ability sets in Mists of Pandaria, and weren't changed at all for Warlords other than bumping the stats on all the mobs up. So some classes (the ones who lost the ability to move while casting, in particular) have a much harder time of it than they would have at level 90.

• Options
    I'm down for Monday. WW Monk, character name Peijian. Anything I need to do leading up to the event?

Shouldn't need to do much. We'll bring feasts so you shouldn't have to worry about food. You'll want to bring a flask, though. If you want to just have them made instead of buying them you may send materials to Cellophane and I'll craft them for you.

Other than that, the closer people are to 630 the better. The other thing would be to maybe just a couple videos for the fights just to get a general idea of what's going on. I'll explain each fight in full at the time, but for at least Tectus and Twin Ogrons I would recommend watching something in advance so you have an idea what some of the mechanics look like in motion (the fire on twins especially).

• Options
    And I'd also suggest giving LFR Highmaul a spin if you haven't already. It's not very good for showing you how to actually do the fight, but it does give you a glimpse of what you can expect. Plus you can get some gear upgrades in there.

• Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular

What trouble are you having? It's strategy more than anything. I had some trouble with this on my monk but eventually got it. I might be able to help.

Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    How does one sign up for the raid on monday?

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Unless we desperately need another healer I'll bring my mage to the newbie raid.

• Options
    I doubt we will. I expect at this point we can probably 2 heal the fights we'd be doing.

• Options
    GoGoZeppelli!GoGoZeppelli! Registered User new member
    edited March 2015
    ICUb wrote: »

Every level 100 in the guild should of got an invite to an event, you have to check your calender to see it.

On the general gearing up tip, people should be trying to get to ilvl 635 so they can get into LFR for BRF, as it will soon (like sometime next week) give out the same ilvl gear (655) that normal Highmaul does. These two guides show where you can da gear you need to boost your ilvl up. Also can try openraid once you get a little more gear if you want, I have had mostly good experiences with the runs I found using it.

GoGoZeppelli! on
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    ICUb wrote: »

Every level 100 in the guild should of got an invite to an event, you have to check your calender to see it.

On the general gearing up tip, people should be trying to get to ilvl 635 so they can get into LFR for BRF, as it will soon (like sometime next week) give out the same ilvl gear (655) that normal Highmaul does. These two guides show where you can da gear you need to boost your ilvl up. Also can try openraid once you get a little more gear if you want, I have had mostly good experiences with the runs I found using it.

I'd queue up as a cross server different guilded scab from Proudmoore, if that's an issue I totally understand.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    DeordDeord Registered User regular

I know I had a stupidly difficult time doing the tank proving grounds on my warrior. In the end, the only way I was able to accomplish it was by doing it in DPS spec. As dumb as that sounds, it worked pretty well.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I've read it adjusts for gear. Part of it is just knowing what's coming so you can be in position, iirc. I plowed through on the Paladin; I think I had stupid comedy style problems with the DPS one and the amber casters.

• Options
    We are still planning on doing the catch-up raid tonight, but we may not do any in the future since the BRF LFR will start dropping 655 gear, which should help people get geared up. Future announcements regarding that will be put here, in-game and in the Facebook group. For now, assume we will do something to help but maybe in a less organized way.

Starting this Wednesday, this will be the raid schedule:

Progression day 1: 5:30-7:30 server time, Wednesdays
    Progression day 2: 5:30-7:30 server time, Mondays
    Catch-up/help with gear raids: 2pm-5pm server time, Sundays

The date/time for catch-up/help raids will float and will communicated in all three venues but we'll say that it's the Sunday raid slot time for now.

If you're new to the guild and want to stay in touch with most of the discussion it would be a good idea to join the Facebook group. We all try to post here when there's something important but it's less convenient.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/107429329336551/

Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    Also, since none of us know who anyone is, if you ask to join the group please put something here or send a PM so that we know who you are and can approve your membership.

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I was already approved, but I'm Raymond. Creeping ever closer to i635 so that I can get in on some of the catch-up raids.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Sorry, wrong thread.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Downed Blackhand last night. Of course, he didn't drop a single instance of the Siege of Worlds music roll.

• Options
    antherem wrote: »
    Downed Blackhand last night. Of course, he didn't drop a single instance of the Siege of Worlds music roll.

I have heard that it only drops in LFR.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    OP Updated to reflect the guild name change.
    <Clawshrimp and Co> are now <Pax Arcadia>

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ah, that makes sense. I came here to check this out thinking it was a new guild. Is it still pretty active?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    Ah, that makes sense. I came here to check this out thinking it was a new guild. Is it still pretty active?

I wasn't around for it, but we raided Hellfire Citadel last night and killed the first three bosses. We're definitely not as active as when WoD first came out, but there has been an uptick since 6.2 came out.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Nice. I just got a free 7 days for the free trial so I'll be playing again. Not sure if I'm still in the guild or not? Guess I'll find out. We'll see if I get hooked again. Still have two weeks off work so hey why not?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    Nice. I just got a free 7 days for the free trial so I'll be playing again. Not sure if I'm still in the guild or not? Guess I'll find out. We'll see if I get hooked again. Still have two weeks off work so hey why not?

Yeah, I don't think we kick anyone out very often. My character was still in the guild when I came back for WoD, despite only playing the previous two expansions for 1-3 months each.

• Options
    Yeah, there are plenty of slots in a guild now, and there are only a few crazies taking up 11 slots on the roster so there's rarely a need to remove people.

• Options
    Just for fun, I went back to the original thread that basically started this guild. Kind of amusing that we're still going, yet none of the original founding members are active (or even part of the guild) anymore. I think I joined about a week after its formation. I had completely forgotten that Blusella was not the original guild leader -- it was Eativ.

Anyway, that was a fun trip down memory lane.

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Long time PA WoW player, back from a long hiatus. I was with <Beasts of Unusual Size> on Ravenholdt since its inception years and years ago. Unfortunately it's all but completely disbanded, haven't seen anyone log in since I've been back. I'd love to be apart of another PA guild if you guys have room. How active are you and are you guys still accepting more people? Switching over would cost me a pretty penny (character transfer AND a faction change), but I'd be willing to do it in order to join an active group of players again.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Long time PA WoW player, back from a long hiatus. I was with <Beasts of Unusual Size> on Ravenholdt since its inception years and years ago. Unfortunately it's all but completely disbanded, haven't seen anyone log in since I've been back. I'd love to be apart of another PA guild if you guys have room. How active are you and are you guys still accepting more people? Switching over would cost me a pretty penny (character transfer AND a faction change), but I'd be willing to do it in order to join an active group of players again.

We're active in that we still raid two nights a week, but I would say there isn't too much else going on with us at this point. I'm very likely taking a hiatus in late September. I'm sure we'd accept a new person, but things are definitely not what they were at the beginning of WoD when we had 15+ people on at peak times. Most of us are done with regular questing and gearing up outside of raiding. I'm working on trying to get old mounts from raids and that sort of thing, as are a few other people.

My recommendation would be to perhaps make a new character on our realm and get a feel for things before dropping the $$$ on a transfer + faction change.

SteevL on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

We're active in that we still raid two nights a week, but I would say there isn't too much else going on with us at this point. I'm very likely taking a hiatus in late September. I'm sure we'd accept a new person, but things are definitely not what they were at the beginning of WoD when we had 15+ people on at peak times. Most of us are done with regular questing and gearing up outside of raiding. I'm working on trying to get old mounts from raids and that sort of thing, as are a few other people.

My recommendation would be to perhaps make a new character on our realm and get a feel for things before dropping the $$$ on a transfer + faction change.

Good, call, I'll give that a shot tonight. Who should I message for an invite?

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »

Good, call, I'll give that a shot tonight. Who should I message for an invite?

The people who I know can definitely do invites are Jenati, Jermy, Cellophane, Faeonia, and Antherra. There are probably a few others. Keep in mind tonight is raid night, which we do from roughly 8:30 - 10:30 PM eastern time, so they might not be able to respond during that time. On the other hand, a few of them are guaranteed to be on a little before and after those times!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So I'm back to playing since I left during Burning Crusades and I'd like to join. I've got a level 14 Human Hunter Cythia on the Server. I'd like to join you guys.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    So I'm back to playing since I left during Burning Crusades and I'd like to join. I've got a level 14 Human Hunter Cythia on the Server. I'd like to join you guys.

Check with one the people I listed in the post above. You could also check our guild roster and see if any of the rank 1 people are online. They should definitely be able to invite you.

• Options
    I think I have to wait. I bought the game online yesterday evening and it wouldn't let me whisper people and says I'm using a Starter Account (which is stupid as I leveled up a Warlock on another server last night from 1 to 29 without any problems). Looking around online, it says to wait 72 hours then the game should be 100% open. So I'll try to get in touch with folks Sunday or Monday.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Server transfers are like $25, more if you want to change race.

Getting to level 14 or even 29 takes no time at all. Just make a new character.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Server transfers are like $25, more if you want to change race.

Getting to level 14 or even 29 takes no time at all. Just make a new character.

Got two characters from 1 to 14 and 29 with maybe 8 hours of play. Now the 29 I had a recruit a friend thing going, but it wasn't that hard.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I will look for you tonight, I want to run a couple LFRS to get two tomes for my ring. I'll be on as Faeonia knocking that out.

• Options
    MatoBRSMatoBRS Registered User new member
    Hey I'm best buddies with Ghost Grunts and would love to join the guild, my character name is Seinaru which is Japanese for Holy