As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dying Light] Mirror's Edge / Dead Island : Will It Blend? 10+ minutes of gameplay

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Yeah, other than Saints Row 3 and 4, I don't think I've enjoyed side quests in anything as much as this game. They did a great job making me want to actually play through them all.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Step 1: throw firecrackers at your coop friend for like 5 minutes straight just to get them used to ignoring them
    Step 2: throw firecracker bomb
    Step 3: laugh hysterically

steam_sig.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Finally stopped doing side quests and made my way into Old Town. My goodness, the difference in traversing the environment is tremendous. I actually feel like I'm playing a parkour game that happens to have zombies now, instead of the slums where the opposite felt true. I just wish the Old Town map was larger.

Steam | Twitch
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    picked this up on Friday and have gotten to old town so far.

Having a ton of fun except for one thing - bombers. These things are just awful and frustraiting

old town spoilers:
    So zombie toddler in the tower block was just a one off thing right? I'm not going to see any more of those damn things?

Because Jesus Christ that was unnerving

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @101 I'm so sorry, they become common!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Alternatively, I only ran into the few that are required in missions, as they give a very audible cry you can just nope away from without setting them off.

• Felonious PrimeFelonious Prime CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'd be in for some 4 player. Not sure my internet is up to it though, I haven't played online since having moved.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'm just starting out in the game, but I'd also be up for coop. That said, I'm UK based so my play times will likely to differ to a lot of you.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    All the way from page 4...

Dying light patch 1.05 is out today on PS4. Link to the ps4 subreddit topic since I don't have anything more direct at the moment. This includes hard mode among other changes.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    So in hard mode medkits heal over time and not instantly. no more near-immortality!

also in the developer thanks video that popped up on the title screen (and scared me, jesus, what was that) I saw a guy using a bow. is that a thing now? where can I get a bow?

Are you the magic man?
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So I updated to a GTX 980 graphics card, and a monitor with G-Sync, and this runs like a brand new game. Super excited to pick this up now that I'm about to finish DA:I and this is next in my backlog.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    You have to start a new game to enqble hard mode. Kind of a bummer

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Does hard mode bolster the zeds? I started losing interest once my weapons got so strong that all combat was trivialized.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Finally finished the game today. I loved every moment of it except the QTE bullshit. What is this, 2001?

Anyway the game was awesome and certainly one of the best I've played in years.

urahonky wrote: »
    Finally finished the game today. I loved every moment of it except the QTE bullshit. What is this, 2001?

Anyway the game was awesome and certainly one of the best I've played in years.

Yeah, I just finished it too a couple nights ago and had the same reaction. They somehow managed to avoid the QTE trap for almost the entire game, and then right at the end you're hit with the worst kind of them. Like there was a quota and they just decided to shove them all in at the last moment. Disappointing.

Overall though I loved this game. I never got tired of parkouring through the city and killing random zombies and getting in whatever trouble I could find. I played Far Cry 4 and Dying Light back to back, and I think for my money, Dying Light was the better game overall. I didn't 100% it because I rarely do in open world games, but I could see myself coming back to it just to have fun screwing around and finishing out the side quests and stuff.

Steam | Twitch
    During one of the QTE segments kind of near the end, I was playing with a buddy. Our reaction?

"That was awesome! But why the fuck couldn't I do it myself?"

Does hard mode bolster the zeds? I started losing interest once my weapons got so strong that all combat was trivialized.

All materials are harder to get, meds heal over time rather than instantly, recipes make less of some of the items (notably molotovs).

Virals come out more often and in larger numbers, not just when loud noises such as breaking through roofs happen. Hanging around in one area too long will see them popping up. Specials show up sooner and more often.

I've only played a little bit with the hard mode, but those are the big things I've read and seen.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    If you just want zeds to be more durable, there's actually a 'romero' mod on the Dying Light Nexus that makes it a much better idea to go for the head.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    If you just want zeds to be more durable, there's actually a 'romero' mod on the Dying Light Nexus that makes it a much better idea to go for the head.

Awesome. I'll have to look into that. Things were getting boring once my opinion of being surrounded by a zombie horde changed from "NOPE NOPE NOPE" to "Well, I guess my sword of cleaving +10 will kill these zeds 5 at a time."

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Add me to the list of folks saying the game is great but the ending is pretty weak. I even liked the story for the most part but everything involving Rais started kind of lame and just got worse as they went.

So these new weapons... Do they only show up in hard mode or is it post game?

Hurrah, finally made it to Old Town, looks to be fun. Though I wish devs would quit it with the:
    Sewer sections. I'm not sure I know anyone who enjoys them!

I was playing the part in the spoiler with a friend and there was much swearing as jumps were missed, it was very fiddly.

This game is awesome fun, it's a shame I missed the peak of it's popularity with this thread, I think it's delayed street release likely didn't help.

• DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    So tomorrow there is a one day patch, they're simulating a bad batch of Antizin that gives us super strength. Not going to lie, I'm looking forward to running around and drop kicking zombies a 100 yards!
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/31/dying-light-patch-unlocks-april-fools-day-superpowers

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    shame it's just a day though.

edited March 2015
    Big Classy wrote: »
    shame it's just a day though.

I'm sure it's just a ini change, they are adding dev tools for modding too, so it'ill probably be back anytime you want it.

A mechanic where you go back to base each day and optionally get your meds(optional), but theres a chance for it to be a botched batch with different(only varying levels of positive) effects would be neat.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    Oh God that looks awesome!

I still need to do the co-op trophy for the platinum for this. Maybe I'll jump on tomorrow and super-kick some fools.

So did anyone else have an immense amount of fun drop kicking zombies all over the spot? Punching was super powered too, I pumelled several of the big zombies to death with a friend.

Nearly finished the game now. Still haven't unlocked the grappling hook... guess that's what I get for not really doing any side-quests. Definitely had a lot of enjoyment from the game and it's been fun playing it coop.

I also accidentally glitched the
    dream type sequence

near the end and ended up wandering around on top of the level, then falling through a none-solid building.

I slide kicked a boomer, it flew up into the air and then exploded in a red mist. Can we just leave this on, already?

steam_sig.png
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    When the super powers wore off, I got sad. That needs to last longer! Even if they make it a Blueprint that u can make and jack your strength up for 24 in game hours. That'd be awesome!

Yeah I took out my frustrations on the poor zombies for a couple of hours yesterday.

Still wish it would have worked on volatiles.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Can we still mess around with powers on not April 1st?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I think it's been returned, at least for now.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Dredging this up, but I just need the co-op achievement at this point and have five quests ready to turn in. So if any three people need or want this achievement still, let me know. In theory it should only take a few minutes.

Figured I would put the call out here before trying other avenues.

Edit: This is on PS4

Qanamil on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I command thee thread, rise from the dead...

I just picked up Dying Light, was going to wait for The Following Enhanced Edition, but just get vanilla plus the season pass gets me the same stuff now without waiting and I was able to cash in some credit/gift cards to get it all cheap! Anyone around on Xbox One who would be interested in some co-op parkour? I finished the intro and can actually do online games now, hopefully @Chadzilla1983 will be picking up a copy soon as well to smash infected heads in with me.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636