As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Superhero Thread - New Avengers Trailer is Out, Shit Looks Dope [Superheroes]

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That is also the best that Drax's old costume has ever looked

CYpGAPn.png
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    s-starlord sama

Yeah, that costume is giving me the vapors. It's like '08 dark coat Starlord and movie Starlord did a fusion dance, and this is the sexy result.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah that might be my new favorite Star-Lord costume

The Untitled CW Team-Up show got a few more details dropped:
    It was being described as a love letter to team/ensemble films like The Magnificent Seven or Ocean's 11 as opposed to "lone gunman" type stories like Arrow and Flash.
    The team will be disparate and not super similar to each other, with a really rag tag vibe.
    The primary villain will be a major DC villain the neither Flash nor Arrow have utilized.
    The three new heroes were chosen for their popularity and people will be "very excited" when the identity of the female hero is revealed.

Sounds a lot more like a proper Justice League/Society show instead of an anthology series like some predicted

So I'm guessing (Arrow Spoilers)
    Sara gets Lazarus Pit'd

CYpGAPn.png
    Gonna hope Vandal Savage is the baddie

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    who would you cast as Vandal Savage, Blank

I'm gonna say... Ian McShane

Too old, ironically enough.

He's got the voice and the face but dude is in his 70s and kinda scrawny

It needs to be someone who can throw down in a brawl and is super imposing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wonder if Ra's al Ghul looks at Vandal Savage and just mentally flips him off every time he thinks about him.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

Damien Sandow

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    This summer, Vandal Savage is

Nick Frost

liEt3nH.png

Damien Sandow
    Holy shit

CYpGAPn.png
    I thinks he's out of CW's price/caliber range and I know he's fancast as everything

But yo Idris Elba would be a rad Vandal Savage

CYpGAPn.png
    Vandal Savage's status as someone that's claimed to be about a hundred different historical figures might make casting him as a non-white dude kind of difficult, I think.

Like, you could do it, but you'd probably need to change his backstory a bit

actually speaking of nick frost, Peter Serafinowicz would probably be alright

liEt3nH.png
    Like, you could do it, but you'd probably need to change his backstory a bit
    yeah, it wouldn't work with a 1:1 adaptation but they've made way bigger changes to backstory than that so it could work

CYpGAPn.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Keanu Reeves

PNk1Ml4.png
    Casting someone like Idris Elba could actually be really interesting if they keep the immortal man stuff. Living through centuries of racism and oppression could lend a lot of weight to the character.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Either Phil Morris or Avery Brooks

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, presuming that a hyper-evolved caveman turns out white is a little uncomfortable.

If he's going to claim to have been Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great, you actually might want to cast someone of Mediterranean descent.

Vandal Savage was genghis khan and khafra and Caesar, huh

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Dean Cain.

Come on, yeah.......

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    -Tal wrote: »
    Vandal Savage was genghis khan and khafra and Caesar, huh
    Comics are pretty dumb

CYpGAPn.png
    vandal savage is a compulsive liar

liEt3nH.png
    No no this is assassin's creed shit this is my jam

PNk1Ml4.png
    all I have to say is that certain motherfuckers better hope I never write their favorite comic book characters because there's nothing I love more than dumb time travel/alternate universe stories

there's a reason I love lost so damned much

No no I love Vandal Savage to death, he's a great character

But him actually (and not lying through his teeth which is also wholly plausible) claiming to be a Mongolian Warlord is uh...iffy.

CYpGAPn.png
    My favorite Vandal Savage moment is when he was friends with the inventor of the wheel who showed him this brilliant invention and Savage immediately murdered him and took credit

CYpGAPn.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Vandal Savage is the best.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    all I have to say is that certain motherfuckers better hope I never write their favorite comic book characters because there's nothing I love more than dumb time travel/alternate universe stories

you should be a bigger X-Men fan then you are

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote: »

you should be a bigger X-Men fan then you are

I don't get to buy nearly as many comic books as I would like, but I assure you, I am a big fan of Claremont's run, which was full of that bullshit

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I mean they played superpowered baseball which is my number one favorite thing in all of comic books

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    My favorite Vandal Savage moment is when he was friends with the inventor of the wheel who showed him this brilliant invention and Savage immediately murdered him and took credit

So Vandal Savage invented the wheel and plagiarism?

I mean they played superpowered baseball which is my number one favorite thing in all of comic books

So you must have loved Twilight, right?

i generally see vandal savage as the embodiment of the notion that people in power scheme to ensure that people like them remain in power, except in his case the people like him is him because he is immortal

claiming to be famous figures is the exact sort of shit people like that would do if they could

basically, vandal savage runs north korea

liEt3nH.png
    please sign my petition for marvel to hire me to write an ongoing about an marvel universe softball beer league

basically people should read DC One Million, which is one of the best crossover events ever and also has Vandal Savage as the main villain

Zonugal wrote: »

So you must have loved Twilight, right?

the only thing I can tolerate about twilight is the pure insanity of vampires playing baseball but they can only do it during a thunderstorm because the crack of their bats sound like thunder

if she had just written a novel about vampire baseball I would be her biggest fan

This discussion has been closed.