As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - Mapped Out

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha
image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - Mapped Out

Mapped Out

Mapped Out

http://campcomic.com/comic/191

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Found the main office.

EDIT: Wow I must have loaded the site right when it posted.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    PajamaHeroPajamaHero Dream Master Slumber LandRegistered User regular
    Things took on a "lost" vibe in here.

Only in dreams are we free.
  • Options
    Brikk SteeleBrikk Steele Registered User new member
    That is the biggest "gun on the wall" I have seen from this comic yet. Love the way you guys are doing this.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Even Brian's secret bathroom is there. That's a very detailed map indeed!

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That is the biggest "gun on the wall" I have seen from this comic yet. Love the way you guys are doing this.

Seems more like an "orange cat in the tree" to me. But I guess by itself it's not that interesting, so maybe.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    wwoooaaahhhh!! You can't leave it there, I need to know what's in the main office :p.

I love how this comic can go from touching and sweet, to hilariously funny to genuinly mysterious all in one week...

• Options
    SneftelSneftel Registered User regular
    The cat is like, "shit, that was SO CLOSE. I'd better report this."

• Options
    insidiousinsidious Registered User regular
    Putting aside the mysterious Main Cabin, that map is actually pretty detailed and accurate-looking for Malachi. Assuming his distances are correct, considering the whole "Everyone saying Seventeen" incident. Also it's missing a key to show the scale, but still.

• Options
    Petey512Petey512 Registered User new member
    The truth is out there...

• Options
    Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    Nooooo, why did you do this... TURN AROUND YOU FOOL!!!

• Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    I think I've watched too much Gravity Falls because now I'm wondering about the significance of the Main Office and what it may foretell! ^ ^

• Options
    whigwamwhigwam Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Excellent. Except, where's the stage? Malachi said it was going on the map. Oh, you think teasing an extremely mysterious new location is going to make me forget about continuity? I never forget! Never!

But seriously, what's in that office

whigwam on
  • Options
    XephusXephus Registered User regular
    Its the last hold out of the adult counselors of the camp rebellions of ' 2010.

• Options
    sockroxsockrox Registered User regular
    Kinda disappointed that there's not a stick-figure cat drawn on the map.

• Options
    Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    "Excellent. Except, where's the stage? Malachi said it was going on the map. Oh, you think teasing an extremely mysterious new location is going to make me forget about continuity? I never forget! Never!

But seriously, what's in that office" -WHIGWAM

HEY YEA! what happened to the stage?

Side note: I honestly didn't expect any sort of comprehensible map from Malachai. That map looks great though!

• Options
    Zazu YenZazu Yen Senior Developer San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Dun dun DUN!!

ExistentialExistenceException: Your thread encountered a NULL pointer and entered a state of non-being.
  • Options
    ThvorThvor Registered User new member
    I thought the Ropes Course was near Outhouse Row? And that Malachi refused to give up his shoes in the ropes course specifically because he didn't want to walk back through outhouse row barefoot? They're nowhere near each other on the map...

• Options
    YazukiYazuki Registered User regular
    @THVOR, it's possible that Malachi means he won't walk through outhouse row barefoot, EVER.

• Options
    CardboardPizzasCardboardPizzas Registered User regular
    Maybe the camp used to be a nature reserve. People would go visit, there would be a little park for kids and all the other stuff, but people started abandoning children there, the first case being Proto-Kid. The reserve earned a bad reputation and was closed, but people continued abandoning children,changing some of the museumy buildings into cabins for the kids. The reserve then became known as Camp Weedonwantcha.

• Options
    olimayolimay Registered User regular
    For some reason, I am suddenly reminded of Zork.

• Options
    riobardriobard Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    we're going to hold you accountable to this map now. if there are any factual inaccuracies in the drawings' geography, rest assured we will be there to harp on it immediately.

riobard on
  • Options
    AriWerdAriWerd Registered User regular
    @Thvor: I think the point is that Mal's map is inaccurate.

@Main Office: I want to know what's in there!!!

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    whigwam wrote: »
    Excellent. Except, where's the stage? Malachi said it was going on the map. Oh, you think teasing an extremely mysterious new location is going to make me forget about continuity? I never forget! Never!
    Mr Fish 86 wrote: »
    "HEY YEA! what happened to the stage?

You passed the test!! You're both master cartographers now!

-____-

fixed it

• Options
    Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    yaaaaaay! I'm a master cartographer now!!!!

hahaha, thanks for the fix katie! :)

• Options
    ss8913ss8913 Registered User new member
    Where's the counselor's office and the main office on the map?

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    @SS8913 That's the point, they didn't SEE the Main Office, it's a mysterious building which could shed light on the point of Camp Weedonwantcha...

AND THEY DIDN'T GO IN!! Gah :p

Talyn Rahl on
  • Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    I want that light to be shed. I want to use my pencil sharpener to do it.

• Options
    cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    I'm glad Brian's Bush was included and it doesn't surprise me at all that it's by the Animal Meadow. He'd want them as neighbors methinks. Malachi is right when he talks about what he can do now. Who needs a whistle when you have a map?

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Quick, someone go back and see if there was a Dharma logo on that mountain lion. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    CaptainJohnnySausageCaptainJohnnySausage Registered User new member
    I love a comic where there is something drawn by the characters in the comic itself, its just like you have to think of how that characters drawings would look. Even here where its a simplistic map I just love it! Great Job Katie!

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I think Malachi didn't put the counsellor's office... I mean Colin's cabin (Colin is not a councillor) on the map because he hates Colin. Or at least he cares about his favourite stump more than Colin. Someone needs to tell Colin that blowing whistles at people is not a good way to make friends.

Also, they should make use of that fort more often. You know, the one that Brian built (with almost no help from Malachi and Seventeen). Yeah, that one.

Sarge on
  • Options
    diggZdiggZ Registered User regular
    Ahhh, I REALLY liked this comic. The map brought me down memory lane while I thought of all the places, and then the main offices made me so excited for the future. Great combo!! AND THEN Seventeen's face is panel 3!!!! AHhhhhhwweesomeee... :D

• Options
    malkavlad360malkavlad360 Registered User new member
    What's in the hatch?!?!?

• Options
    FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Who hobbit-holed the main office?

FieryCocoa on
  • Options
    michaeldemossmichaeldemoss LouisianaRegistered User regular
    When can we expect camp maps to be available in the store? I think this would be awesome to have on my wall.

ba2znj3fyg5r.png
  • Options
    whigwamwhigwam Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Katie! I humbly accept the position of master cartographer.

whigwam on
  • Options
    ThaliusmainThaliusmain Registered User new member
    Now it's ready. Now it can be an open-world video game.

• Options
    boteecoolboteecool Registered User new member
    Where are the cats? WHERE ARE THEY KATIE?! WHERE?? *sniff* I WANT TO FIND ATLEAST ONE! :'(

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    I can't believe that Malachi gave away Brian's secret pooping haven.
    Froshame, Malachi. And Forshams.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Man, Mal's pants are really wearing out. Hope he gets a random clothing drop soon... or at least someone who knows how to sew and has a needle and thread... and some patches/rags/etc.

Amazingly, his shirts and socks are all just fine. 0_o