As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Crota's Beginning: Fundamentally Unlike Disneyland.

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Ugghhhh Omnigul

At least it has arc

The only problem is that with arc the best cheese strategy won't even work because her blasts will kill in like half a second.

But having a burn at all means that the fight shouldn't take that long. Its just the same pain it always is because Omnigul is a terribly designed boss encounter.

I might just skip the nightfall this week...

I'm leaning toward this as well. IB will probably be most of my focus. I might even skip the weekly, though maybe not. I have over 80 strange coins already and I don't see Xur selling Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, and Third Man all in one week. Could afford it all anyway, I think.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I don't need to do the iron banner (all I need are boots for my hunter but I missed out on them last time). Armor options are cool and a couple of guns are nice but the real reward is a goddamn spaceship that isn't poop brown or battleship gray. Which is random.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    I'm jumping in nightfall on ps4 if anyone wants to jump in

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    jefe414 wrote: »
    I don't need to do the iron banner (all I need are boots for my hunter but I missed out on them last time). Armor options are cool and a couple of guns are nice but the real reward is a goddamn spaceship that isn't poop brown or battleship gray. Which is random.

Boots are available this time, though. Rank 3.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    At least with shader, banner, and butt cape, it's not going to take too long.

newSig.jpg
  • IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    So what's the chance that Ironic Bandaras will be nothing but Bread Death all over the place? Makes me think that Bungie modified Xur to offer it to balance test the Pulse Rifle buffs. If so, I'll go MIDA and outrange everyone. Still thinking about my load out for this one.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
    IDDQD wrote: »
    So what's the chance that Ironic Bandaras will be nothing but Bread Death all over the place? Makes me think that Bungie modified Xur to offer it to balance test the Pulse Rifle buffs. If so, I'll go MIDA and outrange everyone. Still thinking about my load out for this one.

I know that I'm planning on using my Red Death at least a little bit of my time in there. The bounty is no longer Auto Rifles only, you can use any primary weapon (Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Handcannon, Scout Rifle). So, hopefully there will be a wider variety of weapons. But with the regen perk and the Pulse Rifle buff, I'm pretty sure that Red Death will be out in full force all week long.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering whether they're keeping the Osiris thing back while they try to find a good balance for PVE. At the moment it still kind of feels like they're fishtailing, overcompensating for every correction while trying to make everything feel fair and equal. While they're probably pleased that pulse rifles are significantly more popular, I wouldn't be surprised if they feel they went a bit too far and need to bring that back down slightly.

forumsig.png
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »

Boots are available this time, though. Rank 3.

WHOOPS I thought it was gauntlets and chest. Let me eat my words and re-think my genius plan...

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I have bread death, mythoclast, suros, bajuju and hawkmoon. What should I use in banana? The only one I'm experienced with is mythoclast.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely playing long enough to grab a jolder's or three.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I have bread death, mythoclast, suros, bajuju and hawkmoon. What should I use in banana? The only one I'm experienced with is mythoclast.

Red Death probably, its pretty stable and heals you to full after each kill.

Bad Juju handles worse than Red Death, SUROS was hit hard by the nerf, Mythoclasts strength is in close to mid range, I dont know about Hawkmoon.

I'd use Red Death on maps with long sightlines and Mythoclast on maps with short sightlines.

Sirialis on
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    SGA/FYI Mythoclast does not count towards the IB headshot bounty. I'm rather annoyed by that because it was going to be my go to gun for the event. Looks like I'll be choosing between Red Death, Suros, and Hawkmoon then.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Gross. Guess I'll be trying to do the nightfall tonight if there's any takers I need the rep boost

Besides the Red Death I just got to it's signature upgrade, I also have an upgraded Suros and an unupgraded Suros for testing purposes. I could also use a Thorn, I suppose. It's the bounties that I'm concerned about initially. I guess it will all depend on how steady my hands are when I get on later.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Red Death probably, its pretty stable and heals you to full after each kill.

Bad Juju handles worse than Red Death, SUROS was hit hard by the nerf, Mythoclasts strength is in close to mid range, I dont know about Hawkmoon.

I'd use Red Death on maps with long sightlines and Mythoclast on maps with short sightlines.

I just realized that Ferrous Banana is going to be All Bread Death All Day.

Banana Bread Death.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Does the nightfall bonus affect Banner bounties?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Pretty sure no, it does not.

Not according to this
    guide_levelling_up_iron_banner_effectively
    Nightfall REP Buff does not affect Iron Banner REP at all (be it wins, bounties, medallions etc).

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Iron Banner right now... You will never find a more wretched hive of lag and villainy.

I mean jesus christ bungie. Every single person in those last two games was on a red connection. Get your shit together.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    My nova bomb is quite powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_v1od-wsjA

I just realized I play with you sometimes

Cool

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    SGA/FYI Mythoclast does not count towards the IB headshot bounty. I'm rather annoyed by that because it was going to be my go to gun for the event. Looks like I'll be choosing between Red Death, Suros, and Hawkmoon then.
    Mythoclast kills count for the "Perform X with Secondary weapons" bounties so it's not a big surprise that they don't for the updated IB headshot bounty.

Really I'd be more upset if they fixed that bug. Don't take away my easy (regular schedule) bounties!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015

It hasn't before so I'm betting not.

EDIT: I should really refresh the page after forgetting I was reading it and coming back like 20 minutes later.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's true. IB is the one week where I wish it counted as a primary weapon for that bounty. Since I care for more for PVE than PVP being able to finish the fusion rifle bounty in 2 minutes or less on Defense of the Warmind with a Mythoclast is fantastic.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My nova bomb is quite powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_v1od-wsjA

I just realized I play with you sometimes

Cool

Haha, yes. Small world.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Iron Banner right now... You will never find a more wretched hive of lag and villainy.

I mean jesus christ bungie. Every single person in those last two games was on a red connection. Get your shit together.

Try to do a normal Crucible match after playing Iron Banner for a while, the difference in responsivenes and lag is like night and day.

First Iron Banner handled great but afterwards it felt like each Iron Banner got progressively worse connection wise with noticeable lag, at least for me.

Sirialis on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I've never had any problems with IB connectivity.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Yeah, that's true. IB is the one week where I wish it counted as a primary weapon for that bounty. Since I care for more for PVE than PVP being able to finish the fusion rifle bounty in 2 minutes or less on Defense of the Warmind with a Mythoclast is fantastic.

This is a very good tip! Guess I won't pass up on those next time.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I need to learn how to solo up to the bridge in crota.

For loot purposes, does it matter if it's hard or normal? I've never done any raids (hint hint :P ) so I don't have Hard unlocked. Is there still a chance for a element primary in normal?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited March 2015

For loot purposes, does it matter if it's hard or normal? I've never done any raids (hint hint :P ) so I don't have Hard unlocked. Is there still a chance for a element primary in normal?

As far as I remember you dont have to unlock hard? just be level 30+

Primary Weapons only drops in Hard Mode.

Crota's End Normal Maze drops shards/energies/Gloves and Hard Mode Maze drops Oversoul Edict (Arc Primary Pulse Rifle)/shards/energies/Gloves.

Sirialis on
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

Elemental primaries only drop from hard-mode, unfortunately.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.

Primary Weapons only drops in Hard Mode, Normal is shards/energies/Gloves and Hard Mode Maze is Oversoul Edict/shards/energies/gloves.

When I go to the strike there's no difficulty option. I just assumed that meant you had to clear it on normal first.

So...WTB a normal Crota run...or three. :P

edited March 2015

Primary Weapons only drops in Hard Mode, Normal is shards/energies/Gloves and Hard Mode Maze is Oversoul Edict/shards/energies/gloves.

When I go to the strike there's no difficulty option. I just assumed that meant you had to clear it on normal first.

So...WTB a normal Crota run...or three. :P

The easiest option for you to get an elemental primary is finding a Hunter who will solo the Maze and will let you ride his coat tails to get a possible Oversoul Edict out of it, I'm doing it for my friend later, but I'm on Xbox One and I'm guessing you are on PS4?

You can still be invited to Crotas End Hard Mode if you are level 30+ even if you cant select it yourself for some reason.

I've tried to get my friend this stupid gun for 3 weeks now, its even an Arc Nightfall this week, it better drop for him already, I've personally dismantled 8 Oversoul Edicts, yet it doesnt drop for him, he did however get perfect Titan gloves the very first run...

Sirialis on

You do if you're the one selecting the raid. If you're in a fire-team that requirement doesn't matter so long as the party leader can get in.

Cool beans.

I'm PS4, yeah. I'll be hopping on in a bit to try to knock out the nightfalls, or at least the weekly heroics.

If anyone happens to be doing the run, I'd really appreciate an invite. I don't think my warlock is quite 30 yet, but maybe could be, but both hunter and titan can get to 31 no problems.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

No, but it does affect Crucible or Faction rep, which you earn each match as well. For that reason, I'd still start the week with the Nightfall as always.

I'll probably be in no rush to start the Iron Banana, last time I started Friday and easily got to rank 4 by Sunday. Imo, the terribly low tempered buff the first few days hardly makes it worth it.

No, but it does affect Crucible or Faction rep, which you earn each match as well. For that reason, I'd still start the week with the Nightfall as always.

It also affects the experience you earn from handing in those bounties.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    do we actually have Dark Below maps in banana this time?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii

They weren't meant to be in rotation anyway.

Smaller skirmish maps are in though. Had a game on Asylum earlier.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

Or ANY maps other than the same ol' Twilight Gap/Shores of Time/Rusted Lands/Firebase Delphi?

This discussion has been closed.