As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

About the PAX is *insert number*% Complete Tweets

TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky DouchebagMassachusettsRegistered User regular
Does anybody else really hate these tweets? They just make me depressed every time I see them at any given PAX... especially with how frequent they are sometimes. PAX Aus has been going on for only a few hours and we're already seeing them.

What are others' views on them? I mean I'm all for tweets saying whatever day is over with, but the consistent reminder a PAX is ending just brings all the sads.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    meh, I like and dislike them equally

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i have also always found those tweets to be sad, but i imagine for those who put loads of time and energy into preparing for and putting on pax, it must also give a sense of accomplishment and a bit of relief.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I mean I'd be fine with it on a day by day thing, but when they say 10% over when it felt like Aus just started, it seemed a bit excessive, and I wasn't even at Aus.

• Options
    eilonwyeilonwy Registered User regular
    Text notifications set up for the PAX Twitter page mean that I am constantly being reminded of what % I've missed of something I wish I could have gone to. It's bittersweet and activates my feeling of missing out and my excitement for East.

While I'm at PAX it feels a little like overkill to get them throughout the day.

• Options
    tokyovoguetokyovogue Registered User new member
    I'm not really a fan. Surely there's more um... exciting stuff to post about?

• Options
    kuledud3kuledud3 Registered User regular
    They're really nice until they get above 50%... then it just starts depressing me.

General PAX goer. Professional procrastinator. Expert Food Consumption Enthusiast.
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I don't like them, the last thing I want to be reminded of is how little time I have left to enjoy it.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    I tweeted them about this last year, suggesting they rephrase it in the positive. "X% of PAX is still remaining!"

Doesn't really change much, but I get the sentiment. It was sad to see PAX Prime slipping away last year...

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    I find them rather depressing. 100% PAX completion is an achievement I never want to unlock, but always do :P

Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Maybe these tweets are for the enforcers and staff/vendors, so they know they've almost survived the weekend?

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    zeale wrote: »
    Maybe these tweets are for the enforcers and staff/vendors, so they know they've almost survived the weekend?
    Even when I'm Enforcing the tweets still bother me. Yeah, there's an amazing feeling of "surviving the weekend" at the end of the final day, but we're still just as sad as everyone else that PAX is ending.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    BouwsT wrote: »
    I tweeted them about this last year, suggesting they rephrase it in the positive. "X% of PAX is still remaining!"

I like that idea.