As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comics shipping Oct 18th

2»

• Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    DMAC, that is an amazing sign. So immediately eye-catching.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Really? I liked Wildcats a lot more than the Authority. It was a lot more Grant Morrison. The art was kind of cringeworthy in parts, but at least the coloring hid a lot of the Jim Lee. Plus, there were too many manipped photos in the Authority. They kept sucking away my attention.

I don't know, for whatever reason it just didn't draw me in. Maybe it was my lack of knowledge of the characters, maybe it was the art? I'll probably give it one more issue to see if things pick up.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    Really? I liked Wildcats a lot more than the Authority. It was a lot more Grant Morrison. The art was kind of cringeworthy in parts, but at least the coloring hid a lot of the Jim Lee. Plus, there were too many manipped photos in the Authority. They kept sucking away my attention.

I don't know, for whatever reason it just didn't draw me in. Maybe it was my lack of knowledge of the characters, maybe it was the art? I'll probably give it one more issue to see if things pick up.

I groaned when I first opened it. I tried to pretend the words were the pictures.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Did anyone else think that Morrison wrote Grifter as Wolverine?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Did anyone else think that Morrison wrote Grifter as Wolverine?
    [spoiler:3ac9b86fd8]I'm the best there is at what I do. And what I do.....is drink.[/spoiler:3ac9b86fd8]

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well, instead of just Claws #3 and Blade #2, I also ended up getting Trials of Shazam #1 and #2, Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter #1, and John Woo's Seven Brothers. I felt pretty good about the purchases, for the most part. Claws ended a bit flat, but it was still cool. Blade actually picked up a good bit in #2, so I'm feeling a bit better about continuing to get it. I don't know a damn thing about Captain Marvel, but Trials of Shazam has been pretty good. Anita Blake was actually really good, so good, in fact, that I actually got my wife to read it and she's probably gonna go buy the books. Seven Brothers #1 was just a setup issue, but it had some pretty cool moments.

Yeah, so my pull list just grew. I'm happy, but my wallet disapproves. :|

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Blade actually picked up a good bit in #2, so I'm feeling a bit better about continuing to get it.

I would have to disagree with you there.

Scooter on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Blade actually picked up a good bit in #2, so I'm feeling a bit better about continuing to get it.

I would have to disagree with you there.

I'm not entirely surprised. I think we've agreed about something only once, very nearly destroying reality in the process. Then we disagreed about Black Panther again, thus restoring the natural order of things. :P

It wasn't the best book I picked up, but the Doctor Doom angle made more sense once I read it, and there were a couple of plot hooks that were thrown out. At least I can sorta see where Guggenheim is going with the story. On the other hand, Chaykin's art is making me want to stab myself. Oh well, I'll stick it out for the story arc and see whether I'll continue after that.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ygrellaygrella Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Any one know if the Amazing Spider-Girl #1 is any good? I just started getting back into comics after a bit, I saw it at the shop when I went and picked up Civil War #1. Id like to get into something from the start, but the comic made it sound like a One time thing so I didnt pick it up.

Them Runaways are they any good? It sounds pretty interesting.

ygrella on
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Corpsicle

"Even though a lady is beautiful, certain things about her are always ugly"
    --Ray Smuckles
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ygrella wrote:
    Any one know if the Amazing Spider-Girl #1 is any good? I just started getting back into comics after a bit, I saw it at the shop when I went and picked up Civil War #1. Id like to get into something from the start, but the comic made it sound like a One time thing so I didnt pick it up.

Them Runaways are they any good? It sounds pretty interesting.

Uh... Amazing Spider-Girl is her second series. The recently relaunched it after hitting issue 100.

And yeah, Runaways is good.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Union Jack is really good.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious