As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick question about hotels!

jshun1234jshun1234 Registered User new member
hello! Me and couple of my friend are doing some research before going to Pax Prime!

we are super excited to go since we love going to conventions like this (went to blizzcon 2014 and it was awesome xD) but we have few questions!

This is our first time going to Pax Prime and Seattle and looking at hotels around seattle for aug 28th to sept 1st hotel prices are ridiculous! some hotels even says they are unavailable for some reason?

Price range was 260~500+ PER NIGHT.. that is really extreme for us...

Any experienced pax goers can confirm some of the price of hotels? i mean we dont want to stay in like the cheapest hotels but at least decent ones xD

or am i searching for the hotels way too early xD like in blizzcon they had special deals for blizzcon people, will it be same thing with Pax Prime?

Thanks in advance!

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hello! There's a lot of hotel info in the Tickets for Dummies thread, but here's some direct info to help from another forumer.

Here are the prices from last year (I took a screen print) I think most of these are 1 bed so add a few dollars for a 2 bed:

Sorted by price:
    Crowne Plaza Seattle $169.00
    Mayflower Park Hotel $172.00
    Westin $180.00
    Roosevelt Hotel $184.00
    Sheraton $184.00
    Hilton Seattle $185.00
    Red Lion Hotel 5th Ave $186.00
    Renaissance Seattle Hotel $191.00
    Hotel Max $199.00
    Spring Hills Suites $199.00
    W Seattle Hotel $199.00
    Grand Hyatt $203.00
    Hyatt at Olive 8 $203.00
    Homewood Suites $205.00
    Fairmount Olymipic $219.00

From what I've learned (I'm new as well) official PAX hotel blocks go on sale on the same day as tickets, so many suggest on waiting for those blocks to become available instead of booking now. Hope this helps!

IncreaseBlue on
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Yes. If history continues the hotels will go up as the tickets go up. Expect the Sheraton to be one of the first ones full. Shortly followed by the others that are close. Since it sounds like you are sharing a room, I would recommend you all discuss a few fall back choices if your first choice is one of the ones that are very close.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I3izzy wrote: »
    I would recommend you all discuss a few fall back choices if your first choice is one of the ones that are very close.

Agreed have some fall backs.

On the positive side all of the hotels are within 10 minutes walking distance. We usually stay at the Westin to save some money and because it's a great location between Pikes and the con. The big thing to remember is Prime activities are spread out between the WSCC and a few hotels so no matter which hotel you are in you will be walking.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Yeah some of the after parties can be spread out. I remember the WOT party from 2 years ago was down in the industrial zone near SAFECO field. That was a nice walk up hill to get back to the hotel.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I3izzy wrote: »
    Yeah some of the after parties can be spread out. I remember the WOT party from 2 years ago was down in the industrial zone near SAFECO field. That was a nice walk up hill to get back to the hotel.

More than just the after parties. Tabletop, panels and some other events (one year halo tournament was at Benaroya hall) are spread out around the hotels.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
This discussion has been closed.