As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2»

• Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    I'm late to this thread, so some of this is rehash, but here are my thoughts:

- Awesome pin, great booth, friendly staff, A+ on all accounts.
    - I'd personally love to see one of the ships on the next pin.
    - For the love of God, please make more than 1200 next time :)

Can't wait to see what you guys do next, and thank you so much for soliciting feedback!

Yeah. I'm trying to work out how many attendees would want a Pin based on your Game Of Thrones game. Somewhere between "all of them" and "world+dog".

I came here to say this very thing - People would go bonkers for a Game of Thrones pin. Just sayin!

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Pure chaos.

• Options
    jrr8942jrr8942 Registered User new member
    The competition for a game of thrones pin would be fierce and then once you have the pin George R.R. Martin will kill you.

• Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    As long as we don't have to pay the iron price for them...

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    pakopakopakopako Registered User regular
    How about an Iron Horde?

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    "Easiest method to obtain pin, was to pay $20 to participate in Intro to Magic and earn 30 tickets. Frustration level - Medium to High. Higher cost than most booths that sell pins at $20 dollars (versus $10 or $15) and also required a time component of about an hour."

You could drop after sitting down, collect your tickets and pick up your pin immediately and continue your day.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    "Easiest method to obtain pin, was to pay $20 to participate in Intro to Magic and earn 30 tickets. Frustration level - Medium to High. Higher cost than most booths that sell pins at $20 dollars (versus $10 or $15) and also required a time component of about an hour."

You could drop after sitting down, collect your tickets and pick up your pin immediately and continue your day.

At East they were not crazy about people doing this... not when I tried at least.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

At East they were not crazy about people doing this... not when I tried at least.

I think they were more lax on the Sunday. I did mine Friday to get it out of the way.

I'm not opposed to the principle of the format (New Players get to learn how to play) but they are charging for product. They are giving the Pin away for free, but it's a way for their distributors to increase their sales numbers first and foremost rather than when WotC ran the demos directly and did the intros free with either intro decks or tablets. It seems disingenuous to say it's to bring in new players when most people are going to be averse to dropping $20 on a demo. Imagine the scenario without the Pin. They would be charging $20 to demo the game at the booth.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Someone will have to remind me: Was the pin the only item available for 30 tickets?

If so, then I'll slightly agree with that thought. But if not, then said argument holds no water. If you could get a booster or set for roughly the same number of tickets, that would make the Intro game a viable method for getting into Magic as well as filling out your deck with a prize after.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    They had packs of cards too, I think whatever the current set was 10 tickets each, and then they had other/older sets for more/way more.

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, you could get 3 packs of the latest set, the pin, or maybe some crappy card sleeves. They knew what they were doing.

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png