ASUS Laptop dead - Mobo or DC jack?
I have an ASUS G75 laptop that is a couple years old now. Last night I was playing WoW and it just turned off.
When I checked the AD adapter, the LED indicator was off on the brick. When I unplugged from the wall, waited a few seconds, and plugged back in - I would see that LED light up for half a second and then turn back off. Unconnected from the laptop, the AC adapter behaves normally. I tried removing the battery and the behavior is the same. I reseated HDD, RAM - same results. With a battery I know is charged, I get no power indicator lights of any kind on the laptop.
I have another laptop of the same model (wifes's) and my battery and adapter behave normally. I have the same issues on my laptop with her AC adapter and battery.
I don't have a voltmeter or anything like that - I'm just not sure how I can tell if this is a DC jack failure, or a general motherboard failure.