As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[God of War 3: Remastered] Announced for PS4

WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
edited March 2015 in Games and Technology
Announce Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiVk9EKdjq4

Celebrate 10 years of God of War as we bring God of War 3 Remastered to PlayStation 4 this July 14, 2015.

One of the most critically acclaimed games of the last generation, God of War III, has been remastered for the PlayStation 4 system, marking the debut of Kratos on PS4. God of War III Remastered brings the epic battles and carnage to life with stunning graphics, 1080p gameplay targeting 60FPS, and an elaborate plot that once again sees Kratos at the center of destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him.

Official Press Release by Cory Barlog over on the Playstation Blog

Retail Price: $39.99
All previous DLC costumes and content are included.
New to PS4: Photo Mode (images from Sony's Flickr page)

16234834454_e9893777ea_n.jpg

"#sexyface #demigod #goaskyourwife"

Discussion Suggestions:
  • Is the price justified for a remaster of a game with no additional content (that we know of)?
  • Is there significance in the 4 symbols stacking at the end of the trailer? (of course there is)
  • Is Ascension next? Would you want to see Ascension remastered?
  • Will they be forced to rename tasteless trophies that missed the scrutiny Ascension had?
  • Will we be able to swipe our thumb across the PS4's touchpad and christen Poseidon "Simbaaa" before gouging his eyes out with the thumbsticks?

(let me know if I should add anything to the OP, building it out whatever helpful information I can find)

Wydrion on

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    • Is the price justified for a remaster of a game with no additional content (that we know of)?

Absolutely not. It's a 5 year old game. That was already in HD. And already ran at 60fps (? at the very least, constant 30). With no DLC to bundle or anything.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Not sure why they don't just bundle in 1-3, the 2 PSP games, and Ascension for a Master Chief Collection-esque bundle.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Meh. Was bored with GoW 3 for the most part except for a few awesome moments. 1 and 2 were more entertaining so I don't see the point of replaying 3 just so it's slightly prettier.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Meh. Was bored with GoW 3 for the most part except for a few awesome moments. 1 and 2 were more entertaining so I don't see the point of replaying 3 just so it's slightly prettier.
    But... weren't you glad you found out
    Kratos had Hope inside him all along! :star:

Wydrion on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Given the climate of gaming these days is really... not as tolerant to the stuff in that game, I wonder what the response will be.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”