As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emergency: Need to see details of a Facebook message sent from Messenger app (Android)

lucreziavanneckerlucreziavannecker Registered User new member
edited March 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
I want to see the time a message was read (seen) by me on the Facebook Messenger chat (Android). How do I do that? I already downloaded my data, but it doesn't show the conversations I had on the chat app, only those sent/received on my computer/laptop... And the last message appears to be on February 28, and I'm sure that I've sent a couple of messages from my computer. Perhaps the data starts 20 days before requesting it (requested it on March 18)?
You can't imagine how urgent this is!

Thank you.

lucreziavannecker on

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    If it is that urgent you probably would be better suited calling Facebook support rather than asking usage questions on an unrelated forum:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/

Good luck, and I hope it all works out.

• Options
    There's no way to contact Facebook. I already tried that. I attempted to send feedback and wait for response, but still nothing.
    I'm asking the question here because nobody is replying on Android forums. Sad.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Contact info for Facebook.

You really just need to message them through official channels and if they don't help you right away just keep hounding them. This may be a case where they simply can't help you either. If it is as dire a situation as could be possibly imagined, maybe ask a lawyer for assistance?

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I would not be totally sure that there is even data stored anywhere on the precise time you read the message.

• Options
    What about the other person who sent the message? Can he see when I read his message? I know that, when someone reads your message, it shows up as "Seen + time," but I think that disappears after a couple of seconds.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think your best bet at this point is to find another way to solve whatever problem you're having.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn