As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Dragon, Rock the Dragonball [Xenoverse]

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I'm finding that not many armor options are good for ki users.

As a strike character I feel the opposite way

Yeah, nothing in the shop really feels like it compares to the 4-star stuff for Ki users

Gotta go figure out which are the best armors for strikers and farm whatever PQ that happens to be

Also MAN, I know the CPU needs to cheat a little bit to keep things interesting, but infinite ki forever is not an awesome way to do that because sometimes the AI decides it just wants to spam ultimates continuously

You get some strike gear for finishing all the storyline missions i believe.

You get it from one of the robots in Tokitoki City, he'll have a marker on his head

Bardock's gear is also really good, it boosts stamina, basic attack and strike supers

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I got the Super Spirit Bomb. That move is stupidly powerful. It is wonderful.

I want to farm the third DLC PQ for the Power Pole Combo and Scissors Paper Rock but that PQ is so annoying to do. SSJ Vegeta and Goku do so much damage.

Edit: Scissors Paper Rock is an awful skill so far. I wish I could delete it.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I'm finding that not many armor options are good for ki users.

As a strike character I feel the opposite way

Yeah, nothing in the shop really feels like it compares to the 4-star stuff for Ki users

Gotta go figure out which are the best armors for strikers and farm whatever PQ that happens to be

Also MAN, I know the CPU needs to cheat a little bit to keep things interesting, but infinite ki forever is not an awesome way to do that because sometimes the AI decides it just wants to spam ultimates continuously

The second hardest part of the Bardock mission is this

The first hardest part is Bardock staying alive.

• Options
    @Bucketman did you get Super Drain? Super Drain + Kaioken 20x is the light

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Where's the Super Drain from? I have the Kaioken x20 for my character.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Where's the Super Drain from? I have the Kaioken x20 for my character.

Uhhh I don't remember what the PQ number is but it's the one where you're collecting dragonballs and the enemies listed are Cell Jr's. It drops off the ultimate finish requirement I believe, which is
    Cell shows up at the end

The move itself seems to count as a grab (it lands through blocking?) and refills your stamina meter with your enemy's.

You can keep Kaioken going for a loooooong time

• Options
    Pretty sure you can buy Super Drain. The only drain type skills you can't buy is the one that drains Ki and the one that drains both ki and stamina.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I feel like I'm having trouble around level 40 now with pqs and story, and I think it's because I'm all ki attacks and my attacks suck

• Options
    I feel like I'm having trouble around level 40 now with pqs and story, and I think it's because I'm all ki attacks and my attacks suck

A ki build makes the game a lot easier. At around the part I think you might be at for level 40 the game gets massively harder out of no where.

• Options
    Well I'm human, I wanted to do ki specials but I know humans gets a bonus at full ki, do right now I have about 50 in ki super but only like 14 in actual ki.

I need to Dragon ball my character to better stats

• Options
    Well I'm human, I wanted to do ki specials but I know humans gets a bonus at full ki, do right now I have about 50 in ki super but only like 14 in actual ki.

What mission are you on story wise right now?

• Options
    I just finished the fight against super buu, the demon guy is doing stuff and I have to stop him

• Options
    I just unlocked trunk s stupid hand jive burning attack and I love it so much.

• Options
    I've had Vegeta as my mentor and holy crap how many times does he get another health bar on the Master mission? I've whittled his Super Saiyan 2 health bar down and whoops he's at full health again.

I should probably be higher than 32, huh?

• Options
    I'm working on android 18 now, then perfect cell then maybe vegeta. I wish it went faster though, meter building with mentors is slow going

• Options
    I wish you new dudes were on PC

• Options
    I am on PC.

I keep trying to do the Android 17 and 18 PQ but the final part vs both of them at the same time keeps kicking my ass.

• Options
    Well I got this on Xbox One because I had RL friends playing on it and then oops they stopped playing right after I bought it.

• Options
    I wish I had friends to play with on PS4. I should have bought it on PC though I'm not sure my PC can handle it. It seems like my friends that I play with on the PS4 no longer share my interest in games.

• Options
    @Sier is still surprised that I bought this on PC.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i'm on pc but i'm only like level 24.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »

I'll be the piccolo to your gohan

• Options
    I've added you two. I'll be on tomorrow for a bit.

• Options

What are your other stats

Because that all sounds completely on line

• Options
    Make sure to always bring your mentor with you on PQs

If anyone would like to add me, I'm Platy on Steam

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    I've had Vegeta as my mentor and holy crap how many times does he get another health bar on the Master mission? I've whittled his Super Saiyan 2 health bar down and whoops he's at full health again.

I should probably be higher than 32, huh?

I was lower level than that when I finished

But it was a real fuckfest, and I had to bring all three kinds of healing items to make it through

• Options

What are your other stats

Because that all sounds completely on line

Health is at 16, 20 in Ki (just enough for a 4th bar) and 26 each in Stamina and Basic Attacks

• Options
    Your Ki and Stamina will stop passively increasing after a while, after that it's 25 for a full bar (without items)

You generally don't want huge amounts of Ki unless maybe you're a Saiyan - you can make use of your bars as they become available, your human racial ability will also kick in sooner if you roll with a lower maximum Ki

Whether points in Basic Attacks are worth it for a Ki-focused build is tricky, mostly because of lacking item options for such a build (up and down arrows also affect your stats more when they're higher) - you might wanna look at your playstyle, if you mostly hang back and charge your Ki, having points in Basic Attack might not be worth it

• Options
    Oh, I've been jacking up Ki, Stamina, Health and Ki Supers.

I'm at level 33 and have over 20 in each. I need to level a bit more.

Also.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Well I got this on Xbox One because I had RL friends playing on it and then oops they stopped playing right after I bought it.

Add me. We'll rock ALL the Dragons together!

Nocren v2

I'll just have to find a way to work you into my schedule.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote: »

I'll be the piccolo to your gohan

Lesson One:

DODGE!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    One thing I didn't know about Majin: in addition to taking less damage when they're at full stamina, they apparently get one charge of Super Armor every twenty seconds

Which means they won't flinch after taking the first hit and can retaliate by immediately hitting back (or won't get interrupted if they get hit by an attack during windup)

There's a (somewhat broken) abiliy in the game which can grant you near-constant Super Armor, but that's pretty cool

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Been playing a lot of this recently. Ki blast Namekian, currently trying to get through story mode with iffy infinites (they need to already be close to the ground) and z-soul boosted galick guns (at least Namekians regenerate health).
    Some of these fights were pure bullshit though. Basically any fight where I need to keep someone alive since I kind of take a while to win, and also five small Majin Buus seriously.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Been playing a lot of this recently. Ki blast Namekian, currently trying to get through story mode with iffy infinites (they need to already be close to the ground) and z-soul boosted galick guns (at least Namekians regenerate health).
    Some of these fights were pure bullshit though. Basically any fight where I need to keep someone alive since I kind of take a while to win, and also five small Majin Buus seriously.

up until (post real-story spoilers about a mission you unlock after you've beat the game)
    the Bardock mission, I seriously thought the 5 mini buu fight was the hardest overall encounter in the game.

But keeping Bardock alive is some bulllllllllllllshit

• Options
    I think I used Vacation Delete for the Mini Buu fight? What's up with Raditz having such great moves, he's supposed to be only as strong as one Saibaman.

• Options
    I have to remember to use Vacation Delete more.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    2015-03-23-363.png

Three Panel Soul gets this game.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I think I used Vacation Delete for the Mini Buu fight? What's up with Raditz having such great moves, he's supposed to be only as strong as one Saibaman.

They actually handled this really well.

His moves suck. Like, they do not do good damage.

But they make up for it in having hilariously good utility.

• Options
    Isn't vacation delete all about the Kids

This boy is a strike boi

• Options
    I'm more of a Ki blast person and my next character is going to end up being a Saiyan of the same type.