As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DayZ Standalone] Early Access now available on Steam

1181920212224»

• Ra's Al PearceRa's Al Pearce "When im in command, every mission is a suicide mission!" - Zap Brannigan Registered User regular
    I hope this new patch today actually makes it hard to cheat. I'm not fond of being shot through two buildings worth of walls. lol

• Ra's Al PearceRa's Al Pearce "When im in command, every mission is a suicide mission!" - Zap Brannigan Registered User regular
    Found a Mace!i035jpt0fgc2.jpg

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    i wanted that mace so bad

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    i wanted that mace so bad

I am shocked at how bad it is. Why even add it to the game? Its not even like its available near a spawn area. So there's really no reason to ever use one.

• BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Why are they spending any time at all on shit like maces with the mountain of more important things to be developing?

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Because thats how you make a video game.

Make a framework thats very close to how you want the game at final. Get the art assets and systems set and test/fix/unbreak things after that part is all set.
    The art assets and major map changes are all almost done.... new renderer around the corner then its bug fix town and betatown.

I mean - what in dayz's past has ever lead anyone to believe that when this game is 'complete' some things wont still be broken? Water is wet; dayz is broken.

Its still dayz and its still very fun.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Do zombies still walk through walls?

edited February 2015
    Do zombies still walk through walls?

95% of the time NO and doors keep them out for a time also.

Which is a pretty good upgrade.

100% reliability would of course be better but here we are.....

they are also spawning in now, and in slightly better numbers.... its coming along ever so slowly.

mojojoeo on
    Dev on new renderer plans
    Currently it entails a merge of new tech, creating the enfusion renderer as a platform to use in dayz and our future games. Q1 goal means, we will have a dx9 version ready (PC). Than we will start work of upgrading the tech to support new DX version, enabling the work on the console version.

It will go through couple of months of bugfixing internaly and get on experimental later in Q1. We will see when its ready for stable.

The renderer is not multithreaded yet, but if VR and Enfusion is ran in single thread mode you can see about 30-40% increase in fps. Probably will translate in multithread version.

DX9 version is not gonna carry much aesthetic updates, besides some lightning changes, but it will have a complete particle editor so we can finaly have some nice effects.

GIMMIE

the newest experimental patch is zombie AI and stealth.

they goal is 5x zombies when they push the patch.

It looks really really good.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Anyone had a problem where exiting the game basically bogs the system to a crawl where you have to do a forced reboot to get back to it?

I left it for like 10 minutes and it still didn't sort itself out, and it so bogged down/outright frozen I couldn't ctrl-alt-del the process.

Didn't see a thread so i'm dropping it here.

.61 has added a gaggle of things.

We are on the new renderer so performance is what it should be (all settings high 60 fps; dips in citys but not much)
    Zombies are plentiful and a threat. WOLVES are the new jam and are scary as hell. They come and packs and are relentless. They are the apex predator, not players.
    Audio has been overhauled- gun shots in distance sound amazing. Guns have diff sounds... etc etc.

Vehicles are out due to a de-sync bug with them, but that system is due for an overhaul... so its not a huge deal.

If you are thinking about diving back in hit me up on steam same name as here.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    So, DayZ officially releases on PS4 tomorrow. As someone who was always intrigued by the PC version but didn't have the hardware to run it, I'm actually hyped to finally try it out on my PS4 Pro. One 'benefit' of this new release is that there will be a ton of new DayZ players like myself. They're also announcing new content today, and released a new live action trailer:
    https://youtu.be/4sspyE-lPPY