As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hoho[chat]

19495969798100»

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    wait is cheesecake an obscure gamer term for a simple concept or is the problem that there is literal cheesecake in the game?
    It's shorthand for "boobs", basically. Oversexualized female features in scanty clothing, etc.

gamers man

just say boobs

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Dogs are the best people. They are there for you, they love you, they're cute and they never say anything mean. I could never date someone who didn't love dogs because I don't think I could trust them.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Watching a dude play world of warships. He is in a battleship. Man keeps just using his front guns and not broadsiding.

Watching him steam full speed in the T of death was a thing. It was amazing he lived.

Battleships can take a fair amount of killing.

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    look the real problem is the lack of girls with real booty in games

rprznt

#TeamHometown

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    sushi on its way. gonna get a car home and SKFM it up.
    *has a toast for the douchebags*

Deebaser on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    wait is cheesecake an obscure gamer term for a simple concept or is the problem that there is literal cheesecake in the game?
    It's shorthand for "boobs", basically. Oversexualized female features in scanty clothing, etc.

gamers man

just say boobs
    It's not always boobs, technically.*

* (In my experience, it's ALWAYS boobs.)

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    The probability of Riemann posting about Gnosticism was so crystallized and pure that you could snort that shit straight up

But really is there any other way?

If you are claiming the mantle of a religion based entirely on Revealed Truth how do you justify a pick-and-choose approach other than by claiming to have your own private line to the divine which is of higher authority than the prior Revealed Truth?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I posit that "the best people" are more multifaceted and complicated than dogs but I suppose I could be bribed to consider otherwise

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The woman in charge of the computer labs has a bunch of furry art up outside her door. Hmmm....

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    pants off game on

Marvel Heroes. Time to level Gambit from 20 to 60.

but he so baaaaaad

he actually got me to stop playing the game

(...ok so that was Cities: Skylines but still he's so bad)

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i'm trying to think of a nice zinger to post before the thread closes.

steam_sig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    pants off game on

Marvel Heroes. Time to level Gambit from 20 to 60.

but he so baaaaaad

he actually got me to stop playing the game

(...ok so that was Cities: Skylines but still he's so bad)

I'm gonna just stand back and spam his fan of cards.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I posit that "the best people" are more multifaceted and complicated than dogs but I suppose I could be bribed to consider otherwise

i mean can doges even drop the bass

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    You can make sexually exaggerated depictions of people and not be hitler because of it. Cheesecake is great, the problem is when it's the entire meal; we need more varied and non-sexualized depictions of women, but it's not like all sexualized depictions of women are evil. I have a dream of a world where I can play video games that contain women with breasts bigger than their heads AND women whose breasts you do not even see at all because they are not an important facetof her character!

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    boobs are great

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The probability of Riemann posting about Gnosticism was so crystallized and pure that you could snort that shit straight up

If you are claiming the mantle of a religion based entirely on Revealed Truth how do you justify a pick-and-choose approach other than by claiming to have your own private line to the divine which is of higher authority than the prior Revealed Truth?

a lot of semiotic wiggling about the uncertain interpretational capacities of translated translations

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Watching Trump play Pokemon really offers an interesting perspective as to how even to an attentive and diligent player the Pokemon games can appear byzantine.

i'm trying to think of a nice zinger to post before the thread closes.

zip zippity zazoo!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    gimme chat op privileges

I have a decent one lined up

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Coinage wrote: »
    The woman in charge of the computer labs has a bunch of furry art up outside her door. Hmmm....

Yiff/ Nya?

should just make a game that's all boobs jiggling in the direction of each other

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

a lot of semiotic wiggling about the uncertain interpretational capacities of translated translations

it always inevitably compromises the claim to any type of special trooth tho and they look up from their new hole and theyre like i made it and then a landslide falls on them rip

obF2Wuw.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through at warp 2.5

@Cinders will create the new thread
    @Regina Fong is backup

This discussion has been closed.