As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [Eldritch Horror] Round 12 - "Now.... Light our darkest hour!" ~FIN Players Win!

12345679»

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Knowing exactly where to go to find a fragment of Azathoth's name, Jackie attempts to create a portal directly there. However when the portal nearly severs her in half due to it closing prematurely, she decides to stay with her new friend and head south to Beunos Aires. (Lose 3 Health due to spell misfire)

While at the docks, Jackie finds a ship that will take her where she needs to go. So what if they're not departing for a couple of days? She's sure she can find something to occupy her time. Looking through the hold, Jackie find a set of ancient stone tablets among the antiquities and beings reading them. (Learn 1 Ritual Spell, You have learned Feed the Mind.) While memorizing the words, Jackie feels herself slipping into a trance...
    Test Will. Failure means you Detained for theft.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Trish travels to Greenland, steeling her resolve in defeating the giant spider.

She goes over every possible outcome and contingency in fighting this thing, knowing that killing it will put an end to the darkness that is consuming the world or at least put a serious hurt on it.
    Clutching her cross, Trish says a prayer before entering the lair

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Will

Geth roll 12d6t5 for Strength+carbine+kerosene+goon-2

Will:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=3, 4, 4, 6]
    Strength+carbine+kerosene+goon-2:
    12d6t5 4 [12d6t5=6, 4, 4, 5, 2, 4, 1, 1, 5, 3, 6, 4]

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Trish send Goon off with the can of Kerosene to douse the web while she keeps the Spinner distracted by firing at it.
    Soon the smell of fuel fills the area. Goon rushes towards Trish, swinging the bullwhip at some of the larger denizens of the web.
    "Boss! It's ready!"
    Trish takes aim at the canister and fires off her last carbine round...

Geth, I fucking hate you....

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Rerolling Strength

Rerolling Strength:
    4d6t5 0 [4d6t5=2, 3, 2, 3]

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Uhh, Use Fleshward to prevent 2 damage.

Geth roll 4d6t5 for fleshward

Then it is time to talk my way out of jail.

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Will to not be arrested

fleshward:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=2, 3, 1, 6]
    Will to not be arrested:
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=4, 1, 5, 6]

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Not bad results for the spinner, just one more hit and you got it.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yea, was hoping to kill it this turn though. At least monsters don't counter-attack in this game.

So you get 2 health back at the cost of 1 sanity and don't go to prison.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I can have a Tokyo encounter and see if that finishes it off.

Acquire Assets.
    Rest.

Tokyo Encounter.

• Options
    Akashi reaches out to the Dragon Lords by convincing them that the Spinner is indeed a threat to Japan.
    Roll Influence
    Success: 2 Damage to all monsters on any space
    Failure: the Lords lash out at you and you gain a Back Injury

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Geth roll 2d6t5 for Influence.

Influence:
    2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=3, 5]

• Options
  • Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Actions/Encounters
    Go to Buenos Aires
    Rest

Have Buenos Aires encounter.
    Geth roll 1d6 for Halucinations

Halucinations:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

Daemonis on
  • Options
    Ok, just need @Preda to see what Norman's gonna do and we could have this wrapped up by today

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Ops, I was waiting for my event in India, while I got in India with my ecvent in Moscow so no event there...

Action/Event
    Get a boat ticket.
    Move to indian ocean.
    As encounter I spend my 2 clues to get the token on the mistery.

• Options
    End of Turn 11!
    Mythos Phase!

The OMEN advances to Blue.
    A Reckoning occurs...

A Portal opens in Buenos Aires and a Cultist arrives!

On the trip back from Greenland, an old sailor speaks with Trish and her entourage. "Aye, you be a real lucky one at that. Normally I aint one fer wimen onboard a ship, but you... aye... you got something with ya..."

Lead Investigator may move the OMEN anywhere on the track without advancing Doom. I move from first Blue to second Blue.

As there is a Reckoning, we'll have to roll for Pacts, Hallucinations, and Blessings.

Board Status:

Turn 12!
    image_12.jpg

Omen: Green - Blue - Red - (Blue)
    Doom Track: 11
    Clues: Greenland, Arkham, South Pacific
    Gates: Arkahm (Red), Buenos Aires (Blue)
    Monsters: Elder Thing in Antarctica, Gnoph-Keh in the Himalayas, Cthonian in Heart of Africa, Ghost/Ghoul/Shoggoth in Arkham, Cultist in BA

Current Mystery:
    Fragments of Azathoth's true name exsist in log forgotten tomes. If a person speaks his true name 3 times, the blasphemous sound will grant them great power..
    Name Fragments remain in South Atlantic

When this Mystery has 3 tokens, it is solved.
    Currently has 2 tokens

Monster Information:
    Elder Thing: 3 Horror, 2 Health (-1 to Strength/Combat) 3 Toughness.

Cthonian: 2 Horror (-1 to Will test), 3 Health (-2 to Strength/Combat test), 4 Toughness.

Gnoph-Keh: 1 Horror, 2 Health (-2 to Strength/Combat test), 3 Toughness. Reckoning Effect: All investigators on this space lose 1 Health

--Arkham--

Ghoul: 1 Horror (+1 to Will test), 2 Health, 1 Toughness. Taking damage during the Strength test results in gaining the Paranoia condition.

Shoggoth: 3 Horro, 2 Health (-2 to Strength/Combat), 4 Toughness. Reckoning Effect: This monster recovers all health.

Ghost: 2 Horro (-1 Will), 2 Toughness. If the Will test is passed, this monster loses health equal to the test result.

There is now an active Expedition to the Himalayas.

Reserve Assets: (Number of Successes Needed)

Lucky Cigarette Case (2) - Trinket May add 1 to the result of 1 die when resolving a test

Protective Amulet (1) - Item +1 to Will during Combat Encounters.

Vatican Missionary (2) - Ally +1 to Will during Combat Encounters. May reroll 1 die during Will tests.

King James Bible (2) - Item - Tome May reroll 1 die during a Horror test. When Resting, recover 1 additional Sanity.

Player Data:
    This should be the current status of all characters; health/sanity, conditions, assets, Clues, and any bonuses.
    Trish - 7 Health/5 Sanity, Dark Pact, .45 Automatic, Carbine Rifle, Holy Cross, Hired Muscle, Arcane Researcher

Akachi - 5 Health/4 Sanity, Ship Ticket, Train Ticket, Mists of Releh spell

Diana - 5 Health/2 Sanity, Blessed, Hallucinations, Ancient Manuscript, Wither spell, Derringer, 3 Clue, +1 Lore, +1 Influence

Jackie - 4 Health/6 Sanity, Hallucinations, Dark Pact, Ruby ot R'lyeh, Ship Ticket, Flesh Ward spell, 1 Clues +1 to Will

Norman - 5 Health/4 Sanity, Pocket Watch, Feed the Mind spell, 1 Clues, +1 Strength

Ok, I'm not going to list everything at this point because unless something really bad happens, we pretty much got this won.

Sensing his impending doom, Azathoth gives one last ditch attempt to stop his pursuers so he can finally enjoy his snack in piece.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Guess I better see if I live or die...

Geth roll 1d6t2 for Trish's Pact

Geth, roll to go fuck yourself.

I'll wait for the rest of the Reckoning effects to hit before revealing.

Trish's Pact:
    1d6t2 0 [1d6t2=1]

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Dark pact and Hallucinations time!

Geth roll 1d6t2 for Dark Pact

Geth roll 1d6t5 for hallucinations

Dark Pact:
    1d6t2 1 [1d6t2=2]
    hallucinations:
    1d6t5 1 [1d6t5=6]

• Options
    Actions/Encounters
    Move to south Pacific
    Dance Party(rest)

Spend two clue tokens to finish mystery

• Options
    Actions/Encounters
    Rest
    Acquire Assets

Tokyo Encounter

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Acquire Assets

Acquire Assets:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=4, 4]

• Options
    Spend two clue tokens to finish mystery
    This basically wins the game, right?

Actions/Encounters
    Rest
    Acquire Assets

Buenos Aires Encounter

Geth roll 1d6t5 for Halucinations
    Geth roll 2d6t5 for Aquire assets
    Geth roll 1d6 for Halucinations

Halucinations:
    1d6t5 0 [1d6t5=1]
    Aquire assets:
    2d6t5 2 [2d6t5=6, 6]
    Halucinations:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

• Options
    Purchase King James Bible

• Options
    Crap... Gotta make Sophie's choice here. Due to my Dark Pact, someone else gets devoured. It's basically between Norman and Akachi strictly due to geography, but both performed awesomely with Norman carrying us through the second mystery and Akachi closing Gates every turn.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    That is a tough one.

Kill Norman. He is old, and reads the wrong kind of books.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I'll take one for the team...

Norman is already happy his warning was heard, surviving wasn't is goal, saving the world was!

• Options
    Guess I could do a final narrative write up, but yeah, we're pretty much done.

Had a lot of good rolls and card draws.

If anything, I'd say we throughly kicked Azathoth's ass given that Doom never dropped below 10.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    There's a Mythos card that re-shuffles one solved mystery back into the mystery deck, but aside from that coming up on the Mythos phase I think we're definitely going to win.

I take that card out of the deck when I play, as it's awful.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Well everyone else made their Mythos rolls so we pretty much won soon as Diana hit the south Atlantic.

Edit: yeah, I'll do a finale/narrative write up and close this case tonight.

Probably setup another game in a couple of weeks since I can't have the board out with my mom visiting (it takes up the dining table).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for running this, Nocren. Good job, fella.

• Options
    Norman shouted the fragment of the name he had found three times into the air. The wind died down and the sea became calm. He found himself struggling to breath as he is surrounded by several figures in dark robes.
    As they begin chanting Norman cracks a wry smile. "It doesn't matter now," he thinks, "it's done. I was not alone. Others saw the signs. I found the comet is Russia and I found this True Name." Old Man Withers starts laughing as the cultists' circle closes in on him, his joyous laughter louder then the chanting. Suddenly the ship's deck is clear and there is nothing but the smell of sea air, coal carbon and a faint trace of something else that quickly dissipates.

The Man in the Dark suit looks at his watch, winding it with practiced precision. "Not my first choice, but that hardly matters now, does it? Farewell Ms. Keleski." Trish visibly balks at the use of her real name and nearly drops the contract in her hand. The Man takes it from her hands and he tips his hat after pocketing his watch "I'm glad you decided to honor our bargain. So many others try to weasel their way out of them. Though they can be rather inventive..." Goon and Sally the researcher arrive and take her to a nearby ale house. After taking down the giant spider, both feel the need to celebrate, thinking that the world is now saved. "They're not too far off," though the thought of killing the Old Man haunts her. They had met. And though they crossed paths only once, it was enough.

Boarding a luxury liner in port, Jackie manages to get aboard and gets to where her dreams have lead her. It's all come down to this. Finding the last fragment, she shouts the True Name 3 times.
    Though she cannot see any changes, she can feel them. Like a giant weight has been lifted off her shoulders.

Diana attempts to find the Order member in the area at the safehouse, but finds only a vacant building with no trace that anyone was ever there. A layer of dust suggests that it was always this way, though an outline of a large circle does appear in one of the walls. She wonders where she could go now.

Akachi sips her hot beverage, as a guest of the Emperor at his summer palace. The smell and taste are unusual but not unpleasant. She can feel her connection to the other world growing weaker, but she's not concerned by this. Given the recent events, perhaps it's a good thing that the barrier between worlds grows stronger.

newSig.jpg