As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DFO] Dungeon Fighter Online Global - 2nd Awakenings! M.Slayer, F.Mage out

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Going through this striker list, god all their abilities were so... meaty. Just some Nova/Captain Falcon oomph to those attacks.

Now I'm looking at M. Striker, and they literally just become Sanji from One Piece after awakening, don't they?

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Alright, so I think I will go with Striker and Grappler for right now.

M. Striker doesn't get History's Strongest Low Kick, and M. Grappler still grabs with his feet and god I think that looks dumb.

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Female versions of classes seem to always have the slickest looking moves.

Found out about the quest completion ticket screwing you over for xp the hard way. Oh well, I suppose.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The game feels so much cleaner.

I like that unused fatigue goes into boost mode, for the working joes.

but oh god I have to rebuild my wealth.

And the guiiild...

But it's a good thing to have.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    There's new music! Ahhhh the old music is gone. Noooooooo

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Do we have a guild? Will we have a guild?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    dark knight does sooooooooooooooooooooo much damage

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    if no one beats me to it in a day or two i'll make a pa guild with an awful name

i dunno how guilds & the east/west servers work tho. i suspect guilds are local to one server so it'd be a na-east / cain guild

P10 on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    RIP west server

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    damn that DFO streaming is smooth, but my mic wasn't being picked up, I guess I mic gated wrong because I was going to stream wwhd.

I'll stream more tomorrow. And into the future. I can't get over how crisp the game feels. It really owns its look.

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    I just can't believe all the small quality of life things that exist in this version over Nexon's. Free skill respecing being the big one. There's also quite a few cool little things that didn't exist before, like the support system (at least I think that's new?), some screen that breaks down all the damage you've done with individual skills over the past 5 dungeons run, and a vastly improved skill screen interface.

Isn't really related to any of that, but I've noticed the rating system in this version is much more forgiving too. Even running lower dungeons to mop up some old feat quests I've been having no problem pulling good skill ratings. Only real complaint is the fatigue system. I don't have a problem with it in itself, but the points seem to be set pretty low.

• Options
    I love disassembling piles at once.

• Options
    they added new item rewards to the daily event quest - a potion that restores 30 fatigue, which is really nice. . . and a megaphone . . .
    i was hoping all the idiots would use up their megaphones and then be silent . . .

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    There's always another idiot with a microphone... :razz:

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    I guess west servers are getting double EXP to make up for being West Servers? Everyone here has been playing on Kain though, right?

I really like the revamp from what I've seen so far. Missed this game a lot.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Started a F. Mage to get used to changes and unlock difficulties. Loving new skill tree layout.

Whats a safe level to use the quest clear scroll at on existing chars? (Both currently 28)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Started a F. Mage to get used to changes and unlock difficulties. Loving new skill tree layout.

Whats a safe level to use the quest clear scroll at on existing chars? (Both currently 28)
    level 28 should be a pretty safe level to use them.
    it automatically clears all same / lower level quests that aren't title quests, which will leave you without any quests to do, but if you are over level 27 you'll get Urgent Quests (and in your case, when you hit level 29 you'll get new quests for Hero's Catacomb). Use it right before you hit level 29 to minimize the discontinuity

P10 on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Oh damn. I was distracted by a HoTS patch and didn't notice this is live. Will get it rolling when I get home. Was it confirmed that F. Slayer not in at launch?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Oh damn. I was distracted by a HoTS patch and didn't notice this is live. Will get it rolling when I get home. Was it confirmed that F. Slayer not in at launch?
    That's correct, she isn't available presently.

However, people have looked at the current client's files and F.Slayers/Knights both seem to have most of their localization work done (and included), so I'll say there's a chance that OBT Part 2 comes with a patch including F.Slayer / they'll be included Soon™

P10 on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Hmm, to remake my grappler or my necromancer. Probably my necro. She was so so much easier to win dungeons with. Unless grapplers got a buff somewhere I'm not aware of.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I'm so glad this is finally back. I loved it originally, and I'm still loving it now. It's so much better than the nexon version was.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bleh. No quest scroll on my launcher.

Oh well. Might reroll her mechanic then.

Edit: Whee, level 19 witch, first Meltdown dungeon all difficulties open, etc. etc.

And dear god, enhanced magic missile is just an "I win" button. I just wanted to be able to beat on things instead of just spamming spells... and I just spam spells anyways because I have nigh-bottomless MP and can spew out streams of shiny death with ease.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Does anyone else get the issue where DFO minimizes all your windows when you login?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Bleh. No quest scroll on my launcher.

Oh well. Might reroll her mechanic then.

Edit: Whee, level 19 witch, first Meltdown dungeon all difficulties open, etc. etc.

And dear god, enhanced magic missile is just an "I win" button. I just wanted to be able to beat on things instead of just spamming spells... and I just spam spells anyways because I have nigh-bottomless MP and can spew out streams of shiny death with ease.

light witch is pretty great for pve and for parties because electrocution is a ridiculous debuff for enemies, ancient library casting on yourself and an ally is great and magic missile is indeed a long range chain lightning of doom.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Witch is just such a silly ridiculous concept, and I love it.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    i have no idea how to make good dark knight combos

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i have no idea how to make good dark knight combos

You should just play Creator then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjkSvzohIU

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    God dammit I hate you guys so much. I was supposed to do stuff today. Instead I find myself playing a level 16 Striker and having way too much fun.

On a more serious note.

I could read guides and such, but I rather enjoy the feeling I get when I'm experimenting with abilities and find a nice combo. I'm always, "Oh. OH! Oooohhh!" :biggrin:

edit- Oh, nevermind. Was having fun, but now I ran out of Fatigue points and can't play the game. Ugh, I guess I can put this one on the back burner until they get that shit sorted out. :(

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    God. That werewolf boss ran roughshod over my Rogue everytime I ran that dungeon. Basically the strongest tutorial in "Always keep moving!" I have ever seen.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    Fatigue points are here to stay, sadly. There are, apparently, towers you can start running that don't require FP starting at level 40 or so. They give loot, too, so it's not worthless.

• Options
    Thor1590 wrote: »
    Fatigue points are here to stay, sadly. There are, apparently, towers you can start running that don't require FP starting at level 40 or so. They give loot, too, so it's not worthless.

Alts heavily encouraged too.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Thor1590 wrote: »
    Fatigue points are here to stay, sadly.

Kind of disagree. Even the Nexon version was at its best with FP and worse after blitz.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    If the game had a sub and I could play to my heart's content I would in an instant. The game is a total blast to play, having my time arbitrarily limited not so much.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    If the game had a sub and I could play to my heart's content I would in an instant. The game is a total blast to play, having my time arbitrarily limited not so much.

Fatigue is per char, not account, isn't it?

• Options
    Yes, that's right. Fatigue per character. Rolls over at 9 AM UTC. 30 FP potion available from the daily event quest

• Options
    Missing the most important part of the old version? Well someone's got you covered.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/30efo8/english_voice_pack/

You gotta spend money to make money

• Options
    i created a NA-East/Cain guild - PennyAradian
    you can request admission and i'll check in the morning and afternoons and handle it

• Options
    edited March 2015
    east guild...

decent name tho

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    i don't actually know if the guild is east only but i'd assume so because of characters being split by server
    yeah, it is split. sux 4 u brty

P10 on