As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for an Adobe Flash workaround for Mac 10.4.8 OS

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
Apparently the Mac I'm buying is not supported by Adobe and cannot use flash 10.0. Most everything uses Flash player 10.0, including but not limited to Youtube.

I'm looking for a workaround for this old computer because I bought it mainly to browse the internet.

oHw5R0V.jpg

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Jesus, 10.4? That's 7 years old at least.

Is it an Intel or a PowerPC Mac? Maybe try upgrading the OS to the newest version it can handle?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    Apparently the Mac I'm buying is not supported by Adobe and cannot use flash 10.0. Most everything uses Flash player 10.0, including but not limited to Youtube.

I'm looking for a workaround for this old computer because I bought it mainly to browse the internet.

Youtube has and html5 player. You might be able to live without flash 10.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Jesus, 10.4? That's 7 years old at least.

Is it an Intel or a PowerPC Mac? Maybe try upgrading the OS to the newest version it can handle?

PPC.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Upgrade to Leopard - it is the last version of OSX your PPC Mac can handle.

Then grab Chrome v20. You won't get the newest bells and whistles, but you will get an acceptable browsing experience.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    syndalis wrote: »
    Upgrade to Leopard - it is the last version of OSX your PPC Mac can handle.

Then grab Chrome v20. You won't get the newest bells and whistles, but you will get an acceptable browsing experience.

I've searched everywhere, but I still cannot find a download for Chrome v20.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    what if you just go to www.google.com/chrome from the web browser on the older machine? Will Google serve you the latest version available for that platform?

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    wunderbar wrote: »
    what if you just go to www.google.com/chrome from the web browser on the older machine? Will Google serve you the latest version available for that platform?

Chrome above v20 is bulkie and slow.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    SW-4158-3990-6116