As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Dragon, Rock the Dragonball [Xenoverse]

191011121315»

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Guys, Final Flash is really fun to use.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Haven't bought it yet, but will definitely be getting this for Steam/PC. It's been fun reading this thread...

Off topic, but you know what always bothered me about Dragonball? So Chi-chi is the daughter of the Ox-King, and she's usually wearing traditional Chinese outfits and hairstyles, right? So how, in all the years of doing the Dragonball manga, did Toriyama never think to make a visual pun and give her the "ox horns" bun style (like Chun Li's hair)? It's so obvious, I don't know how he missed it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I need better Ultimates. Right now I'm using Special Beam Cannon and Dual Destructo Discs. I wish moves had like a damage/range rating or something.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Final Flash.

And maybe Vacation Eraser.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I need better Ultimates. Right now I'm using Special Beam Cannon and Dual Destructo Discs. I wish moves had like a damage/range rating or something.

Super Spirit Bomb, Giant Storm, Super Electric Strike, and Sphere of Destruction are the best ki blast ultimate skills I've used so far. They all go a long distance, besides Giant Storm. They also all do really high damage and can hit multiple enemies very easily.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Weekend is a good, easy-to-earn Ki Ultimate

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Vacation Delete is amazing for setups since it comes with an AoE stun

• Options
    Also if you can get Cell as a Mentor, you will learn 2 fantastic Ki Supers and Perfect Kamehameha

• Options
    Since the game update earlier my ai partners seem not to do anything. They just float there and watch me fight

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

Vacation delete into perfect khamamaha is the light.

• Options
    I need to get enough Ki going to Vacation Delete into Final Flash.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    My Namekian has a Turtle Hermit beard and looks classy as fuck

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Majin Doobh has just been wearing the Buu gear since it jacks up Ki Supers and Stamina.

I did put Trunks' sword on although I'm thinking of going back to Krillin's hat.

• Options
    Let's get a group together tonight! I'm only level 40ish (I think) but I have a positive attitude!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I'm up for it. I'll probably be available around 6:30 CDT.

• Options
    So humans are the only ones who can use Kioken? That seems weird. I want to do a striker character next, but I'm not sure what race to do

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Everyone can use kioken

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Oh good, somewhere online I read said it was human only and that didn't make a lot of sense to me

• Options
    Is Kaioken any good for a ki blast character? I feel that I need a lot of stamina to make it work on my Majin.

• Options
    Yes, it's good on a Ki Blast character too since it will increase your stats by % and thus also the damage of your Ki Blasts
    Oh good, somewhere online I read said it was human only and that didn't make a lot of sense to me

I think that was part of false pre-release information floating around which was taken from Japanese pamphlets

• Options
    Okay. Guess I'll give it another spin and remember to use it.

• Options
    you need to get the x20 version. The regular version and the x3 really didn't do much for me

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Weekend is uninterruptible and does very respectable damage

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

this too, just be raditz all the time

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I manged to get the Kaioken x20 pretty early on and didn't find the PQ for the others until later.

I need to get another Ki segment so I can combo Vacation Delete into Final Flash.

Yukira on
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Is Kaioken any good for a ki blast character? I feel that I need a lot of stamina to make it work on my Majin.

For what its worth, Majin aren't particularly flashy since their racial bonus is something like a 25% defense bonus at full stamina (which is why their stamina recharges slowly). Tack on another defensive Zsoul and you'll be far more capable of taking hits than other races, particularly if you use "Rise to Action" to convert some ki into stamina when you do actually need to use some (either as a combo extender or from an escape move or teleport).

• Options
    04F44719C4CBA6306CBC9669CFDDBFF9BDDDFB17

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    ahahaha that beard

its perfect

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Anyone wanna punch mans?

• Options
    I'll be on soon

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Well, I'm trying out a Strike based Super Saiyan. This should be neat.

• Options
    I wish the next DLC would drop! I bought the season pass and I need more costumes to dress up

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Well, I'm trying out a Strike based Super Saiyan. This should be neat.

Strike SSJ is v good

Male Saiyans have very low super damage but very high basic attack damage, and the reverse for female saiyans

but they are each so good at their respective thing that it really, really works

• Options
    I made my punchy Saiyan a girl and have just jacked up Attack and Strike supers.

Bulma's Wild Rider outfit is really great for that sort of thing.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Female Saiyans seem to have slightly faster attack animations, I was really surprised to see that humans and Saiyans have highly different animations (and different combos) despite sharing the same model

Platy on
  • Options
    I noticed that my saiyan stands more like Goku while the humans stand more like Krillin.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    So there's a new Dragon Ball TV show coming out and I loved that shit as a kid but I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about it or not because reasons?

In any case, new Dragon Ball show! Hype! But if this doesn't belong here, I shall remove.

• Options
    You could ask a mod in case you wanna make a thread!