As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's this old adventure game called?

DomovoiDomovoi Registered User regular
I remember an old adventure game and I can't for the life of me find it anywhere, or remember what it was called. I only have vague, random memories of it and they are odd, so I wonder if it's just my mind playing tricks or if the game was actually anything like this.

If I recall correctly, you played as a female protagonist and it was a sort of crime/espionage thriller. You started out in a bedroom (I think it was a hotel room) and one of the things you could do there was take a shower, which resulted in a small picture/video of a digitized, pixelated naked lady showering. If you sort of squinted and pretended to see a naked lady. This was one of a couple of "raunchy" moments in the game. Another one which may have impressed my teenage mind was that at some point, the protagonist had to smuggle something (microfilm or whatever) in somewhere and one character suggested she'd hide it in a vibrating egg that she was to insert into herself. If I recall correctly the dialogue was something like "A woman has other hiding places, [protagonist name]."

You could die, which resulted in a picture of whatever thug you died at the hands of, and awful digital music/record scratching. What made it extra bizarre was that, if you finished the game, there was a surprise party with all the characters (friendlies and villains alike) with the completely bizarre explanation that it wasn't a crime thriller at all, but an experience put together for you by your friends who wanted something exciting to happen to you. So either they hired some homicidal actors who were ready to murder you or the game sort of switched realities based on wether you made it to the end or not.

I remember getting this game on one of those illegal game collection CD-ROMs that were all the rage back in the day. This was in high school, so the game can't have been published later than the 90's.

Does anyone have any idea? I'm thinking it may have looked sort of like Blue Force, technology-wise, so mid nineties or so?

• Options
    DomovoiDomovoi Registered User regular
    I'm just going to leave this here for whoever else may be googling this in the future:

The game was 1991's Fascination, a "mature-themed" adventure. Mobygames even has a screenshot if the ridiculous love-egg incident.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I like how "mature" is a word that can mean one of two things, which are basically the opposite of each other, when it's used to describe video games.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    pVx3kre.png

Good find, though. I've never even heard of this game.