As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fake guns and the people who love them. [NERF]

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    ByWNKaP.png

This is coming out this year apparently........

Looks like it's motorized

Gross

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh no

Im going to be moving into a house big enough to shoot nerf in..........

My apartment has four different Nerf guns hidden in four different rooms, so at any given moment you can easily get to one

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I always want to buy that not nerf lever action rifle. Lever ... action...!

Or just get the Slingfire, which is the Nerf one.

slingfire.jpg

Aw sweet!

I hadn't seen that one in the store. You know, not having kids it gets kind of weird hanging out in the toy aisle. But since I don't have a mustache or anything I can get away with it.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    A3ED87C95056900B10B0B378C5233784.jpg

Look at it

Screw guns im just going to throw these

I have two!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It makes it more convenient that they're usually on an endcap so you can pretend that you were just walking by and oh hey, look at that, huh, I think the nephew would like this.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I have the Sweet Revenge revolver, and my only complaint is that I can't cock it with one hand. I have small hands; ymmv. The holster is unexpectedly fun :D

edited March 2015
    Calica wrote: »
    I have the Sweet Revenge revolver, and my only complaint is that I can't cock it with one hand. I have small hands; ymmv. The holster is unexpectedly fun :D

I have long bony fingers, and I can cock these ones pretty reliably.

But I know my roommate has trouble cocking it one handed, and if you can't cock it one handed it is maybe not as good as the Maverick, as the Maverick holds an extra shot and is better for "fanning."

Straightzi on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    sheeeeiiiit

realistically I got no use for more nerf guns but even more realistically I'm probably going to have to find one of these hammershots/sweet revenges

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    hammershot is a target exclusive!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I am so happy I resurrected this thread

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    DSC06813.jpg

Someone give me your maverick stat

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I honestly don't see that as being like, that useful

It's just making your pistol a whole hell of a lot heavier

A properly modified Maverick is pretty quick to reload anyways, so unless you need to blast out all 18 shots without ducking for cover once, that seems unnecessary

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Unneccesary you say

37716-vulcan_teaser.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Naphtali wrote: »
    why did I start looking at nerf again, now they make a maverick that has two rotating cylinders

There's a target 10 minutes away on foot.

I AM ALL OVER THIS

edit: god dammit, that one's out of stock.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Unneccesary you say

37716-vulcan_teaser.jpg

CHOO-CHOO Motherfucker!

X22wmuF.jpg
    my target closed?

I don't remember giving them permission to do that

hammershot's got a light trigger pull, it's pretty easy to accidentally fire

one-handed cocking feels pretty good, fanning feels okay, I have to be a lot more deliberate with it than I was expecting, but then the only thing I have to compare it against is the strongarm

I didn't care much for the neon green darts until I realized how much easier they are to find

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I really wish Nerf would sell just accessories for their rail system on all those guns.
    The only that doesn't come with another gun is the phone mount that they discontinued (would use your phone's camera to play AR games).

Also, a lot of these guns look like something out of Unreal Tournament at times.

newSig.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Went by Target anyway, and picked up a Firestrike.

nerf_n-strike_elite_firestrike1.jpg

Now when Kayla comes by, she can use it and I'll use my buzzbee shotgun.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    ByWNKaP.png

This is coming out this year apparently........

Looks like it's motorized

Gross

I think it is pump action using that forward grip. It has the same block at the back like other manual nerf guns of that size.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also I hope they just sell those curved magazines separate.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    nah, press release said it was battery powered tim

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Awwwww

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    hammershot is a target exclusive!

Was

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    This threads really making me want a hammershot. My birthday is around the corner...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    they're on sale at target right now for ten fity

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Wow. I wish that wasn't so much money. It is really slick!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2015
    This thread makes me want to go buy all of the Nerf guns.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    I used to buy all the nerf guns starting with the original maverick. I had way too many so I donated them to the public library for their nerf war lockins. I only kept my Mavericks, and my Vulcan.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The Rebelle range is pretty cool, despite their "Raa Girl Power" branding and in some cases because of it

79095F1A50569047F5EEC54461D93B62.jpg

Getting all avenging angel up ins

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    You can get a hammerlock from the Rebelle line as well
    I have them both

edited April 2015
    I hit the local Fred Meyer for a new coffee maker and figured I could get myself some darts for my recently acquired Mavericks. Those jerks tore out the toy section! The entire thing! What the hell!

Also the pink tax is some bullshit. Rebelle GUNS should not be that expensive

Metalbourne on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm a big fan of the Zombie line. back in the day I bought my friend and I each one of those one handed long swords before they were taken off the market and you can't buy them, but now they have a green/black colored one.

I also want to get some cool Super Soaker guns for this year, now that nerf makes them I hope they look/are cool.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of the Zombie line. back in the day I bought my friend and I each one of those one handed long swords before they were taken off the market and you can't buy them, but now they have a green/black colored one.

I also want to get some cool Super Soaker guns for this year, now that nerf makes them I hope they look/are cool.

Kinda of interesting how the Nerf Soakers are somewhat removed from the original design. Some are battery powered and the water tank is like a gun mag and swappable/removable.

They look ok, but nothing like the classics...

iS_supersoaker_monsterxlbbox_01.jpg

newSig.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We got Morgan a Zombie Strike Flipfury for Easter.

It shoots haaaard. First time I shot I thought it fired from the bottom barrel so while trying to shoot him in the belly I accidentally shot him right between the eyes...

Whoops.

At the goodwill and found two more Mavericks. I thought I had gotten lucky

Guys!

Here's a thing we got in at the convenience store

20150620_004127_zpsw3vqkf8g.jpg

I got two Nerf Star Lord blasters for $5
    I want to repaint them to look like the ones in the movies but then I don't know

FYI a gray trigger is the weaker spring the orange is the real deal