As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha: Volume 1 Kickstarter! - Pinny Involved

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    gacbmmml wrote: »
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    are the pins on his KS pinny arcades or not?

Nay, though he did mention giving Iris pins to everyone who backs at $40+ since he hit a stretch goal.

No. He said he would give us a NEW Iris pin... not the existing Pinny Arcade Iris pin.

Parsing the statement, the Iris Pin is the newest Pin he has. So I think it is that rather than another as yet unreleased Pin.

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    gacbmmml wrote: »
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    are the pins on his KS pinny arcades or not?

Nay, though he did mention giving Iris pins to everyone who backs at $40+ since he hit a stretch goal.

No. He said he would give us a NEW Iris pin... not the existing Pinny Arcade Iris pin.

Parsing the statement, the Iris Pin is the newest Pin he has. So I think it is that rather than another as yet unreleased Pin.

It's a new design. He has it on one of the kickstarter updates. I don't think it's official pinny arcade.

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    He confirmed on twitter a few weeks ago that it's not a Pinny Arcade pin, I can't be bothered trawling back to find the tweet though because... effort.
    I really like the design posted in the KS updates section though ^^

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Duckie wrote: »
    He confirmed on twitter a few weeks ago that it's not a Pinny Arcade pin, I can't be bothered trawling back to find the tweet though because... effort.
    I really like the design posted in the KS updates section though ^^

This is crude but hopefully effective.

vim7f1ehxuzg.jpg

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Hey everybody!

Sorry for the delay on this, but we've finally made the pin add-ons available! All of the details can be found on the Kickstarter page!

Thanks very much for your patience, and let me know if you have any questions!

• Options
    HijumpHijump Registered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

Sorry for the delay on this, but we've finally made the pin add-ons available! All of the details can be found on the Kickstarter page!

Thanks very much for your patience, and let me know if you have any questions!

Was just coming to post the same thing :D

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Aaaaaaand changed.

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's not mentioned in the post, but you require a minimum of $75 pledge (which already includes a pin), in order to get the add on ($15) for another pin. You should also note that you are allowed to purchase only ONE additional pin.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Senno wrote: »
    It's not mentioned in the post, but you require a minimum of $75 pledge (which already includes a pin), in order to get the add on ($15) for another pin. You should also note that you are allowed to purchase only ONE additional pin.
    It does say that actually.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Senno wrote: »
    It does say that actually.
    I meant the post here, rather than the post on KS. Was trying to save people a click. :)

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Just backed at the $90 for a second pin!

• Options
    HijumpHijump Registered User regular
    Just an update, the kickstarter has just 4 days left and is close to getting to their 80k stretch goal.

• Options
    it has blasted past 80k :)

• Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    Thank goodness one of the stretch goals wasn't another Pinny pin... the community would have had to rally like 20K in 70 hours to get to the next stretch goal before the KS ended...

Oh wait, it hasn't ended, they could totally still do that, whoops!

• Options
    Yeah, at this point, I'd be surprised to see it hit 90. It's done better than I expected. I think a lot of that is the intelligent idea of making the Hardcover that expensive, and the pin that high. Ensures that if you really want one or the other, you really pay for it.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    $90k stretch goal reached! More Katie greatness for everyone!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Are many of the KS Pinny Pals backers picking up an extra pin? I'm sure plenty that folks from the community would appreciate this trade *wink wink*

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    I'm getting an extra pin, and I would imagine that if you're already at that price point, an extra $15 isn't too much. That being said, there are about 325 people pledged to a level that rewards a pin.

• Options
    PrunciblePruncible Registered User regular
    That seems a healthy number. And even if all 325 people order two pins, that's 650 total pins against the minimum order of 1000 pins. That would leave Katie with 350+ pins to distribute at cons and other events.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The $75+ count is actually at 427 right now. So I mean, if people go crazy and everybody grabs a second pin, then there's less than 150 left to give out (if the run is 1000). I'd assume that only half those backers at most will actually want a second one (or are even backing it for a pin in the first place), so if true it'll still leave around 350 pins for Katie to distribute however she pleases.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I am getting a second pin. However it is for my son and will not be tradeable.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    How much for the son?

• Options
    Im getting a second one, and I will be offering it for trade, but only for something really cool. Or I could potentially sell it.

• Options
    smittythepiratesmittythepirate Registered User regular
    SO just to be clear after seeing the message at the top, this was definitely a pinny arcade pin?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    SO just to be clear after seeing the message at the top, this was definitely a pinny arcade pin?

The image is in the OP brah!

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    So I'm getting a second as well. Apparently the plan/process is to note you added a second pin in the survey. But the survey hasn't been sent out yet, right?

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Ideally the survey would come around the time that everything will be ready to ship out. So it won't be for a while.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    I put in for a second pin to trade. I'll post in the trade forum when I get it in my little paws.

Take a look at my pins
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I hope I am able to trade for one of the pins. Didn't feel I could back the Kickstarter considering I am currently job-hunting. If you are getting a second, check my lanyard and see if there is anything you want to trade for it.

Unless of course @KatieJRice wants to come to PAX Australia so I can buy a book and pin from her in person! ;-)

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    If you are getting a second, check my lanyard and see if there is anything you want to trade for it.

Unless of course @KatieJRice wants to come to PAX Australia so I can buy a book and pin from her in person! ;-)

This +1

• Options
    If you are getting a second, check my lanyard and see if there is anything you want to trade for it.

This +1
    Thirded.

I pledged, but she should make the journey.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    How much for the son?

His market price varies depending on the day. If you buy him you have to ship all of his stuff over as well. Package deal. His pins and Star wars toys are not included however.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Doesn't sound like a package deal to me.

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    Did anyone get an update from the kickstarter? I thought after it ended we were supposed to get some sort of confirmation to confirm that we wanted an extra pin if we pledged the additional $15...

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    To my knowledge what you were supposed to do was pledge an extra $15 before the KS ended, then some time before they ship they will send out a survey and one question will be if you want another pin. That survey hasn't been sent out yet.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Kickstarters normally don't do the survey until right before they ship, since I think they can only do one, and addresses change.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Hey, everyone!

Sorry I haven't been back here since the Kickstarter ended. I just wanted to confirm that everything Beker said is correct. We can only do one survey, so we'll send it out closer to when the book's ready to go.

• Options
    Good, since my address is changing next month and I'm still not exactly sure what it is yet!

• Options
    Good, since my address is changing next month and I'm still not exactly sure what it is yet!
    Haha - mine too.