As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boston waterfront eats

mtsmts Dr. Robot KingRegistered User regular
Looking for recommendations for cheap and/or good places to eat near Boston convention center. I am at a conference until Tuesday.

Also I need to get a micro USB charger since I forgot mine.

camo_sig.png

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Pretty much all of the restaurants in the big hotels around the center have pretty great restaurants on their first floors. If you go straight from the convention center, cross the bridge towards the old shipping depot, and then turn left down the street there is a mexican place that makes excellent guacamole at your table. Was very tasty. I believe there are two breweries down there that have in house restaurants as well.

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Harpoon Brewery is about a half mile away. Great beer hall.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    LTK (Legal Test Kitchen) or Lucky's would be my pick.
    Micro USB - ask at the desk at your hotel, they usually have a box of them.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    My hotel is actually right next to ltk so it is on my list.

Went to Yankee lobster and harpoon last night

Managed to snag a cheap plug thing at the 7-11

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    When I was in Boston last year at the convention center, I went looking for seafood, so I started walking.

The No Name Restaurant is good and right on the waterfront (I honestly thought I was in an industrial area, but it's there). From the Convention Center entrance, walk straight out across the bridge, and turn right where the street ends. Go down to the lower street level, then walk to the huge pier and go on in. It helps if you like your shrimp/scallops/etc. fried.

On a different day, I went a-walking trying to find a place that didn't look like a tourist trap, and found an honest-to-god trailer on a dock leading right down to the boats. This trailer, to be exact, which appears to be a lobster wholesale company with a kitchen attached. Fantastic lobster rolls and chowder. From the CC, walk out over the bridge again, but this time turn left. Ignore the Barking Crab and its $25 sandwiches. You'll cross a bridge and it's right there. It's a long hike, but worth it if you're not pressed for time.

I also ate at the Legal Test Kitchen (decent, but super-crowded) and the Tamazcal Cantina, which had the worst service of the entire trip and lackluster upscale "Mexican" food.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I also ate at the Legal Test Kitchen (decent, but super-crowded) and the Tamazcal Cantina, which had the worst service of the entire trip and lackluster upscale "Mexican" food.

Maybe it was just a bad night for you (or an unusually good one for my wife and I), but coming from a place with pretty solid mexican food I found the cantina to be pretty solid and worth the price, and it was pretty busy that night.

I may have just got lucky though!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Let's see. So far I have been to:
    Yankee lobster
    Harpoon
    No name
    Papagayo
    And am waiting for my lunch at Blue dragon.
    So far I think Papagayo was my favorite.

Might see about luckys for dinner tonight

camo_sig.png