As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - Oaky Flavor

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - Oaky Flavor

Oaky Flavor

Oaky Flavor

http://campcomic.com/comic/193

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    AttrmAttrm Registered User new member
    I love this comic and on occasion they can hit pretty close to home but this one...happened to me at summer camp in 2nd grade almost verbatim, except instead of eating it I rubbed it all over my face. The next day my friend Mike was totally fine as it actually didn't effect him and I couldn't open my eyelids for a week.

• Options
    hispanicleohispanicleo Registered User new member
    I can't imagine the pain.

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    It's ok, he's a quarter Cherokee.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    A much needed laugh on a very annoying day, Thanks Katie!

• Options
    weberr13weberr13 Registered User new member
  • Options
    YazukiYazuki Registered User regular
    Black Kitty!

• Options
    FreemFreem Registered User new member
    Adolescent one-upsmanship. Somehow I don't miss those days.

• Options
    J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Looks like they're even Steven. HOOOO

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • Options
    MustacheHamMustacheHam Registered User regular
    The Misadventures of Steve and Steve.
    (dual parody title folks)

• Options
    cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    You know, if only they had some sort of picture-locating type thingy... Like, like, A MAP! Then they could find an appropriate place to puke their guts out.

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    Hmm. That COULD be useful. Where would they find a map?

• Options
    TheFireWaterTheFireWater Registered User new member
    When I was younger I was immune to Poison Ivy.
    I know this for sure, because I decided to 'prove' it in an insanely stupid and dangerous way during a boy scout's trip.
    I ate a small piece of it.

Have you ever heard the sage advice not to burn poison ivy in a fire? That's because if you inhale the smoke of burned poison ivy you'll get a reaction inside. Unlike outside, where your skin acts as a barrier to all your important bits, an internal reaction can very easily cut off your breathing and kill you. Naturally, the same thing can happen if you "get" poison ivy at all and eat a piece of it.

Fortunately, I was right that I didn't get it, and live to tell the tale of just how stupid I was. Apparently poison ivy is one of those things that you can change sensitivity to over the years (almost always changing to be 'more sensitive' than other way round) so I will not be testing that theory that way again.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I really laughed out loud at this one, nice!

• Options
    AlexxAlexx Registered User regular
    Reminds me of the time in scout camp where we decided to find our own sledding hill (there was an official one). We went into the woods, climbed up and up and up and THERE IT WAS. Perfect. Gigantic.

...and full of hidden rocks, under the snow. I went down first, on a plastic dish sled. It was so steep and I went down so fast that no one heard my cries of pain or saw the giant hole broken into the bottom of the sled when I went down. I waved to them when I got to the bottom, but no one understood that as a "DON'T COME DOWN!!" wave, so down they came, one by one.

I was one of two older kids (so technically in charge) and I apologized to the obviously in pain kids, but....no one admitted to the pain. They were so adamant against there actually being any problems with the hill, that they went down AGAIN. A second broken sled (and my mild obligation as a sort-of leader and second oldest kid) eventually convinced them to go back to the official hill.

• Options
    Blue RookBlue Rook Registered User new member
    I was a councilor at several summer camps. One in particular, the campers snuck into the staff bathrooms and rubbed poison oak all over the toilet seats. That was a rough week. Even with the steroid injections.

• Options
    Blue Rock, what did steroid injections have to do with it?

• Options
    Charon'sLittleHelperCharon'sLittleHelper Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Ha - this reminds me of a story of my grandfather. He was immune to poison ivy and took delight in rubbing it on himself to prove his 'genetic superiority' (semi-sarcastically). Then he moved down to Arkansas in retirement and did the same thing... it turns out poison ivy in Arkansas is significantly different. :P

Charon'sLittleHelper on
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Twister2 wrote: »
    Blue Rock, what did steroid injections have to do with it?

They needed to bulk up so they could beat the crap out of the campers.

• Options
    Hmm. Makes sense. Now I want to be a councillor.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    If only Seventeen was there. She's the resident expert* on herbal medicine. Just ask Malachi! :D

*This is not a claim of actual expertise or education. See Malachi and/or Brian for details. Some dying may occur. Not responsible for lost or missing gastrointestinal contents. Consult at your own risk. May contain nuts.

• Options
    MLG PRO NUGGET MLG PRO NUGGET Registered User regular
    SARGE HEY

• Options
    253Lboard253Lboard Registered User new member
    Interesting fact: there's a chance that those two won't get rashes EXTERNALLY if they touch poison oak.

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    "IT TASTES LIKE.....BURRRRRRRRRRNING!"-Ralph Wiggum.