As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] Do you guys like gelato? I do. I could go for one of those right now.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I like comic books is what's weird. And I realize they're dumb in some of the same ways.

So you get the appeal

You just don't like it

That's fine

No I literally don't get the appeal. I see that people like it but I just can't see what they see in it. It's like being blind. Like a little nub of my brain is missing.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't understand

People told you what they like

You just don't like those things

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like comic books is what's weird. And I realize they're dumb in some of the same ways.

So you get the appeal

You just don't like it

That's fine

No I literally don't get the appeal. I see that people like it but I just can't see what they see in it. It's like being blind. Like a little nub of my brain is missing.
    It is dumb fun comic book stories told via impressive athletic feats and live crowd interactions

That's why

CYpGAPn.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They like it because its goofy

There isnt some deep meaning you are missing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

So you get the appeal

You just don't like it

That's fine

I guess it's the wrong kind of dumb for me.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    THERE IS A MAN RIDING INTO WRESTLEMANIA ON THE BACK OF AN ACTUAL TANK

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    THERE IS A MAN RIDING INTO WRESTLEMANIA ON THE BACK OF AN ACTUAL TANK

God I wish I weren't missing this.

For reference at Wrestlemania there is now a troop of fake Russian soldiers carrying a Russian flag in front of Rusev, the current US Champion and cartoon evil Russian, who is riding a giant tank into the ring and being hailed by pyrotechnics to a Russian men's choir

CYpGAPn.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I think the reason I mostly do not like wrestling is that it is never the sort of dumb stuff done intelligently
    Like, wrestling is like the expendables. It's excessive and dumb and it is trying to be fun, but the people behind it don't actually know how to do that.

I mean I'm not a wrestling buff but that's what it's seemed like when I've watched it.

I get why people like it but I absolutely would rather watch videos like got posted or hear people tell he stories because 100% of the time it's better than actually watching what really happened.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There's too much nu-metal in wrestling to enjoy it

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »

not enough Rick Derringer these days.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

I honestly can't think of a current wrestler with a nu-metal entrance theme

10 years ago though absolutely

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So this is very, very off topic but

I am beginning to be worried about Eliott Kalan/Dan McCoy

people are jumping ship on the daily show extremely fast and I wonder if it will even exist after jon stewart leaves

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

people are jumping ship on the daily show extremely fast and I wonder if it will even exist after jon stewart leaves
    It will absolutely exist

There is no chance it will not

CYpGAPn.png
    It is, like, one of Comedy Central's most successful shows by an incredibly large margin

CYpGAPn.png
    I'm sure they will be fine even if the daily show collapses.

They are very talented writers (Elliot the head writer even) for one of the most popular comedy shows on late night television.

I'm sure they will find something else.

Langly wrote: »
    I think the reason I mostly do not like wrestling is that it is never the sort of dumb stuff done intelligently
    Like, wrestling is like the expendables. It's excessive and dumb and it is trying to be fun, but the people behind it don't actually know how to do that.

I mean I'm not a wrestling buff but that's what it's seemed like when I've watched it.

I get why people like it but I absolutely would rather watch videos like got posted or hear people tell he stories because 100% of the time it's better than actually watching what really happened.

Yeah like Super troopers and Stepbrothers are good because they are dumb done by really talented people. And The Room and Birdemic are good because they are dumb done by people with no talent at all. Wrestling seems to fit in the uncomfortable middle. They hit gold only rarely. The athletic stuff doesn't do anything for me.

Anyways I'll stop posting about it, I don't like being the guy crapping on things other people like. I just wanted to complain about Twitter a little.

The Daily Show will continue to exist, there's no way they rebrand

But if they bring in an outside hire they are almost 100% going to clean house and all the writers are out

Maybe John Oliver will swoop in and pick them up

6F32U1X.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

It will absolutely exist

There is no chance it will not

The question is if it will still be decent.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It is, like, one of Comedy Central's most successful shows by an incredibly large margin

Yeah. Comedy Central is very invested in it. Even if quality or viewership drop after Stewart leaves, I imagine they will be very patient.

The Daily Show will continue to exist, there's no way they rebrand

But if they bring in an outside hire they are almost 100% going to clean house and all the writers are out

Maybe John Oliver will swoop in and pick them up

Yeah I guess this is more my concern, that they'll clean house on the writers

I had a dream where Kalan took over for Stewart.

Uriel wrote: »
    I had a dream where Kalan took over for Stewart.

this is my current dream

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    daily show writer is a damn fine resume note

liEt3nH.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The Daily Show with Stuart Wellington

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The daily show with Hal Jordan

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Elliot just doesn't have much of a good news anchor-y voice.

But I guess neither did John?

Grey Ghost wrote: »

Hey Duuuuuuuudes its the daily show!

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wrestling is literally a live action version of the tournament arc of a shonen anime

wrestling is literally a live action version of the tournament arc of a shonen anime

you take it back

ROW-ROOOOOWWWWWW
    Hey dudes it's our Senior Party Correspondent!

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular

ROW-ROOOOOWWWWWW

Oh my god

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I was pretty into wrestling as a kid until I watched DBZ and went "oh this is wrestling but better"

People still think Stuart worked as an animal wrangler for the show because of a one-off joke they made

6F32U1X.png
    People still think Stuart worked as an animal wrangler for the show because of a one-off joke they made

I still thought this for an embarrassingly long time

I have been re-listening to a lot of older Flophouses lately because I've had too much free time on my hands.

Probably too many

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

ROW-ROOOOOWWWWWW

Rowsdowser?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I was pretty into wrestling as a kid until I watched DBZ and went "oh this is wrestling but better"

tumblr_mwua0pZi5F1rqpdk5o1_400.gif

Chincymcchilla on
This discussion has been closed.