As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
edited January 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is a thread for the Arrow-verse tv shows that aren't Flash or Arrow.

Right now there are two shows in development, Supergirl and Teen Titans, with Atom being rumored in the wings.

Teen Titans line-up is revealed.

http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/exclusive-which-dc-characters-will-be-on-tnts-the-titans/

Robin/Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

Nightwing_TNBA.jpg

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

2czwkzt.jpg

Dove (Dawn Granger)

dove+pretty.png

Hawk (Hank Hall)

Hawk_(Hank_Hall).png

Raven (Rachel Roth)

Ravenacolor.jpg

Starfire

550ab8359029fbf78c45950f8d27006e.jpg

Supergirl has been cast, as well. The actress is Melissa Benoist.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/supergirl-tv-show-casts-melissa-benoist-of-glee-in-lead-2015221

melissa-benoist__130712025557-275x402.jpg

Jimmy Olsen will played by Mehcad Brooks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jimmy-olsen-cast-cbs-supergirl-768142

MV5BMTc3NTE0NzIzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDgzNzQ2Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Jacobkosh on

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And let's not forget the Vixen animated series on CW's website (I think?); that's also supposed to take place in the Arrow-verse.

sig.gif
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Supergirl or Titans haven't been confirmed to be in the Arrow-verse yet, have they?

I want them to be though, and I am looking forward to Supergirl even if some of the decisions for it sound iffy.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited February 2015
    I think Supergirl has been confirmed, but not Teen Titans.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Neither have been confirmed, but hinted at that it would be cool if they were.

One must remember that this was also hinted about Justice League Dawn of IP Cash In and that turned out to be crap.

But the odds are better for this. The CW is owned by the same company that owns CBS and TNT (why there's a lot of Charmed and Supernatural repeats on TNT) sort of like how Universal owns NBC and SyFy so occasionally they'll show a SyFy original on NBC.

It'd be pretty cool to see the universe grow so I'm all for it.

Lh96QHG.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Is there a reason we're excluding Arrow and Flash from this thread? Or is it just a "primarily the other shows" thing. I'd really like a central place to talk about effects of one show on another.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Is there a reason we're excluding Arrow and Flash from this thread? Or is it just a "primarily the other shows" thing. I'd really like a central place to talk about effects of one show on another.

It was meant to be about other shows, but I think it'd be ok to talk about that here.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Neither have been confirmed, but hinted at that it would be cool if they were.

One must remember that this was also hinted about Justice League Dawn of IP Cash In and that turned out to be crap.

But the odds are better for this. The CW is owned by the same company that owns CBS and TNT (why there's a lot of Charmed and Supernatural repeats on TNT) sort of like how Universal owns NBC and SyFy so occasionally they'll show a SyFy original on NBC.

It'd be pretty cool to see the universe grow so I'm all for it.

I think I've heard at least on the Supergirl side, that while CBS hasn't said no to a crossover with the CW/Arrowverse shows, they are also not saying yes to it at the moment.

steam_sig.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

The theory is that they have their own threads. If you wanted to talk about how events from Flash and Arrow affect the new shows, that'd be here, though. General "Did you see the latest episode, WTF Laurel?" discussion should go in the appropriate show thread (I'm sure that Laurel can find some way of making Flash suck).

edited March 2015
    First photos of Supergirl have arrived. Not bad.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/06/first-photos-of-supergirl-revealed

Should have kept her brunette IMO.

Harry Dresden on
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Is she smiling in the first picture? You know that kind of emotion has no place in the DC universe. Oh, they fixed it in the second picture.

Is she smiling in the first picture? You know that kind of emotion has no place in the DC universe. Oh, they fixed it in the second picture.

Movie universe. Arrow-verse is not a smile free zone. :)

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Ugh, that Supergirl costume is so boring. And I hate the skirt. Its so 80s Supergirl.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    Power Girl boob-window or I go on strike.

...not really.

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Ugh, that Supergirl costume is so boring. And I hate the skirt. Its so 80s Supergirl.
    .. which is the objectively correct version of Supergirl.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Because god forbid they do something to update her in the show and make her unique. I mean, I'm not advocating for the ridiculous New 52 costume or anything, but they really could have done something more interesting than what we're getting. It reminds me of Lois & Clark, and not in the fond nostalgic sort of way.

Because god forbid they do something to update her in the show and make her unique. I mean, I'm not advocating for the ridiculous New 52 costume or anything, but they really could have done something more interesting than what we're getting. It reminds me of Lois & Clark, and not in the fond nostalgic sort of way.
    I was mostly joking. Though I suppose that would be kind of hard to divine here on the internet, where someone will absolutely give you that reply in complete earnestness. Mea culpa.

I'd love to see a superheroine wearing, you know, pants at some point. I'm pretty sure anyone they cast is going to be a woman and this thing is probably going to be broadcast in HD, so we can probably ditch the old comic shorthand of skirt=girl.

This is a particularly strange for a character that can fly faster than a speeding bullet, since the extra drag would be hugely problematic and unless the skirt is made of magical kryptonian materials, it's going to be torn to hell the first time she zips off at higher than cruising speed.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.

I was mostly joking. Though I suppose that would be kind of hard to divine here on the internet, where someone will absolutely give you that reply in complete earnestness. Mea culpa.

I'd love to see a superheroine wearing, you know, pants at some point. I'm pretty sure anyone they cast is going to be a woman and this thing is probably going to be broadcast in HD, so we can probably ditch the old comic shorthand of skirt=girl.

This is a particularly strange for a character that can fly faster than a speeding bullet, since the extra drag would be hugely problematic and unless the skirt is made of magical kryptonian materials, it's going to be torn to hell the first time she zips off at higher than cruising speed.

I figured you were joking, but that skirt fucking annoys me and I couldn't help myself. :P

DC just doesn't seem to really get it. I mean, while Marvel is giving us Captain Marvel in pants and even a full helmet during combat (+ mohawk), and a new Spider-woman costume that is great, and a Miss Marvel that is a completely covered teenage girl, and a Spider-Gwen who just has an amazing design, we've got DC giving us Supergirl in a long-sleeve swim suit... or in her outfit from the goddamn 80s. We get an awesome re-design of Aquaman, while Wonder Woman and Supergirl are just.. so safe and boring.

Just as bad is that they gave it the dark colors of Man of Steel, without any of the texture, so it just looks extra bland.

The color scheme is even weirder due to the fact that Supergirl was always the bright, shiny, hopeful equivalent to Superman, who was himself rather bright, shiny and hopeful.

She should be in bright reds, blues and yellows. At least if they're doing Kara Zor El.

And she should have a superdog. Or horse.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Isn't Supergirl usually a teenager? I guess that might be a little difficult to do without Superman to act as a guardian...

edited March 2015
    I think the show has Supergirl in her 20s.

The colors on her outfit are a little dark, but I'm just glad she's actually smiling in one of the promo photos. That's more in-character than the serious/brooding look then say, Arrow (or the entire DC Movie-verse) has.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Hawkgirl is in the Arrow-verse.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-flash-spinoff-hawkgirl-ciara-renee-cw-1201401280/
    The superhero team-up show, from Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim, was to bring in three new DC superhero characters never seen on TV, along with a slew of Arrow/Flash recurring fan favorites. Hawkgirl is not expected to be one of them as the character has appeared in a Season 9 episode of the WB/CW drama Smallville, played by Sahar Biniaz, as well as in a couple of animated series including Justice League.

In the new series, Saunders is a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.

snA4XWmq.jpeg

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So on a scale of one to "will probably sleep with Oliver." Hawk Girl is totally going to sleep with Oliver.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Hawkgirl is, amuzingly, sometimes portrayed as a hawkish aggressive character. I think she would be at odds with the arrow at first-

But yes, oliver could only be more into that if she were a lance sister

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    I like how the quote goes "the story was supposed to bring in 3 characters that have never been on TV. Hawkgirl has been on TV a lot. On that note, here's the casting info for Hawkgirl"

I like how the quote goes "the story was supposed to bring in 3 characters that have never been on TV. Hawkgirl has been on TV a lot. On that note, here's the casting info for Hawkgirl"

Journalism!

God, I want to beat that writer's editor with a stick. I had to read the quote three times to even start to know what the fuck was being implied.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/30/and-more-arrow-flash-spinoff-news-arthur-darvill-to-play-time-traveller/
    In another bit of casting news from the planned Arrow / The Flash spinoff, the show has cast a former time-traveler to play a time-traveler. Arthur Darvill who is best known as Rory Williams in Doctor Who has just been cast as Rip Hunter.

awww was hoping the "time traveler" would be Booster. but this works too.

Arthur Darvill is --- Rip Hunter? This show is going to be nuts.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/424869-doctor-whos-arthur-darvill-joins-the-flasharrow-spinoff-series
    Arthur Darvill, best known for playing former “Doctor Who” companion Rory Williams, appears to have some more time traveling in his future. On the heels of word that Broadway actress Ciara Renée had joined the series as Hawkgirl, The Hollywood Reporter now brings word that Darvill will also be joining the cast of The CW’s upcoming “Arrow” and “The Flash” spinoff as Rip Hunter!

It was previously revealed that Hunter would be one of the show’s featured characters, although he is being officially referred to as “The Traveler”. Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.”

Created by Jack Miller and Ruben Moreira, Hunter made his comic book debut in 1959’s “Showcase” #20. A time traveler in search of his original timeline, Hunter has fought alongside the likes of Superman and who fought off the Anti-Monitor.

Still without a title, the upcoming show is already set to also feature Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell and Caity Lotz. Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Marc Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter are set to executive produce. Although no official timeline has been revealed, the series is expected to target a mid-season premiere in 2016.

hqdefault.jpg

This is becoming the strangest show ever

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Strangestly Awesome, you mean.

steam_sig.png
    Foefaller wrote: »

Strangestly Awesome, you mean.

rann.jpg

He's got to be showing up soon.

I'm quite looking forward to this show because of how absolutely bonkers it seems like it's going to be.

Atom, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, and Rip Hunter?

All it needs now is Blue Beetle and Booster Gold and we have the best show ever. :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I read the line about a time traveller and got excited because I thought it was going to be Booster Gold, but then I was disappointed. Also when did Hawkgirl appear on Smallville? I remember Hawkman, and I remember he disbanded the JSA because Hawkgirl died, but I never remember her actually appearing (except for her helmet).

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

It's assumed they don't mean cartoons since finding a DC character that hasn't appeared in a cartoon is impossible.

edited March 2015
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I read the line about a time traveller and got excited because I thought it was going to be Booster Gold, but then I was disappointed. Also when did Hawkgirl appear on Smallville? I remember Hawkman, and I remember he disbanded the JSA because Hawkgirl died, but I never remember her actually appearing (except for her helmet).

Hawkgirl didn't appear on Smallville, since she had died by that point.

Shayera Hall showed up in a vision by Hawkman at one point to signify that his current life was soon going to end.

Edit: Here she is, played by Sahar Biniaz.

500px-Shayera_Hall_Smallville.jpg

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    That Supergirl preview is all the worst parts of Smallville, Degrassi, and 7th Heaven stirred into an awful stew and then boiled in a broth of failed dreams. I watched that, I could see the death of human art and the crumbling dust of my own soul.

I did not care for it.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    It be better if she wore the first outfit, at least.

Xeddicus on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    So that article said Lotz is playing the White Canary, but didn't actually say if she's playing Sara.
    It's all the same universe so it'd be stupid if she was playing a different character, right? I can keep the hope alive that Sara is back?

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I'd give it good odds she is, anyway. Maybe excellent ones.

Ray is way too big in that picture! He should be in pieces or micro!