As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic book characters as tattoos...

13»

Posts

  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    apostrophepostermd5.jpg


    I'm not sure what you are responding to with that comic.

    The apostrophes used were in "I'm" and "that's" which are both contractions. "I am" and "that is".


    Smoke less crack, I guess, is the lesson learned.

    He's responding to the incorrect use of the apostrophe in this thread's title.

    Sadly, he's about two pages late, as that comic has already been posted. It is nice to see so many people looking out for my grammar, however...

    Don't be too flattered. Douglas focuses in on one point and hates it irrationally.

    The Muffin Man on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anyone have a solitary picture of the spider-man emblem when he wore the symbiote costume? I'm wanting it tattooed on my back just as it was on the costume, but can't find just a picture of the emblem.
    cvenomteetm75tj5.jpg

    Marathon on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Lave wrote:
    I' t'hought J''ordyns bitchin'''' tatto'os would be men'tioned by now.

    I would like a tattoo but I'm a wimp and scared of later life.

    (P.S, took special' care's of the apostrophe's. Hope that help's.)

    I thought I already did mention them.

    Man, I must've blacked out or something.

    tattoo3.jpg

    tattoo1.jpg

    tattoo2.jpg

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    farmer's tan

    Garlic Bread on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Very nice Jordyn, that was the first time I had seen those. :^:
    Doing symbols like that seem to turn out much better then getting something large and detailed.

    Marathon on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    farmer's tan

    A farmer's tan is when the line is halfway down your arm, because that's where your t-shirt stops.

    Have you ever even been on a farm?

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    farmer's tan

    A farmer's tan is when the line is halfway down your arm, because that's where your t-shirt stops.

    Have you ever even been on a farm?
    35531331f157cad0camzu0.jpg

    Marathon on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    farmer's tan

    A farmer's tan is when the line is halfway down your arm, because that's where your t-shirt stops.

    Have you ever even been on a farm?

    Once or twice

    a cow licked my shoe

    Garlic Bread on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Very nice Jordyn, that was the first time I had seen those. :^:
    Doing symbols like that seem to turn out much better then getting something large and detailed.

    I think that is a generalization that can be true, but it can be untrue as well. Honestly, the most important thing for getting a tattoo isn't the design, it's the artist. I've seen intricate tattoo's that were really well done (my Nightcrawler tat is one, I haven't heard one person say it doesn't look good), and I've seen Superman and Batman symbols that looked awful.

    And Keith, are you SURE that was a cow?

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Very nice Jordyn, that was the first time I had seen those. :^:
    Doing symbols like that seem to turn out much better then getting something large and detailed.

    I think that is a generalization that can be true, but it can be untrue as well. Honestly, the most important thing for getting a tattoo isn't the design, it's the artist. I've seen intricate tattoo's that were really well done (my Nightcrawler tat is one, I haven't heard one person say it doesn't look good), and I've seen Superman and Batman symbols that looked awful.

    And Keith, are you SURE that was a cow?

    Good point, how well a tattoo turns out depends on the artist doing it. The one I have (not comic related, sorry) would not have looked as good if another artist had done it.

    I saw your Nightcrawler tattoo and it does look very good. I don't think im an avid enough fan of any character to get a tattoo of them but its cool to see one done well.

    Marathon on
  • edited October 2006
    See told you they were awesome.

    Jing Jang ftw.

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    (my Nightcrawler tat is one, I haven't heard one person say it doesn't look good)

    I did

    Garlic Bread on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    (my Nightcrawler tat is one, I haven't heard one person say it doesn't look good)

    I did

    I meant someone IRL...

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    (my Nightcrawler tat is one, I haven't heard one person say it doesn't look good)

    I did

    I meant someone IRL...

    I did

    Garlic Bread on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    What I mean is, someone who has seen the tattoo live and upclose. Not that I don't value your opinion, quite the opposite in fact...

    But, one part of the tattoo isn't even visible in the picture.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    (i am your father)

    Garlic Bread on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    guys you can't steal this idea but i think i'm gonna get this as a tattoo in the future

    attachmentpz2.jpg

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    hey servo

    what is that?

    Garlic Bread on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That Nightcrawler is actually good but it NEEDS some bamf smoke. He wouldn't look like was dancing if he had some bamf smoke.

    Accualt on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    hey servo

    what is that?

    It's from Starman.

    Go jack knight

    Mai-Kero on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I got my tattoo the other day, actually my first one. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. The picture is a closeup. It's on the top of my back between my shoulders.

    tattoo.jpg

    Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • awesome_andyawesome_andy Registered User
    edited October 2006
    mmm bacne.

    awesome_andy on
    I think he is neither awesome nor andy.
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hehe yeah, you should see it on a bad day

    Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I have scars from mine.

    i need to go get my tattoo fixed. A professional guy was shocked that i went to a shop and got mine done, he thought one of my friends had done it...Yay, $100 well spent.

    Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I have scars from mine.

    i need to go get my tattoo fixed. A professional guy was shocked that i went to a shop and got mine done, he thought one of my friends had done it...Yay, $100 well spent.
    Well, $100 is relatively cheap for most tattoo's unless its a small one done with just black.

    Marathon on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Lave wrote:
    I' t'hought J''ordyns bitchin'''' tatto'os would be men'tioned by now.

    I would like a tattoo but I'm a wimp and scared of later life.

    (P.S, took special' care's of the apostrophe's. Hope that help's.)

    I thought I already did mention them.

    Man, I must've blacked out or something.

    hey nifty

    I didn't know you got those, they're pretty cool. Pictures look like your SD house so I'm guessing you've had them for a while.

    I've liked the tats posted so far. Grave-Spidey, the Venom symbol, and Nightcrawler all looked pretty well done. Didn't look like he was dancing to me, dude moves in weird ways.

    There's only been one tattoo that I ever thought about getting. It's from Chrono Cross, so while still nerdy, I won't waste space in the comic tattoos thread with a picture of it.

    Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I got the first one a couple years ago, and the second one this summer, which involved recolouring the first because blah blah blah.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
Sign In or Register to comment.